The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Veredus v. Prestige v. EquiFit open front boots

I know there are some older posts on this, but since new models have come out in the last few years I thought I'd ask.

I am looking for good support and cool (my horse gets crabby with hot legs). She's tall at 17.1 (Clyde x TB).

Thank you.

I have the Veredus Olympic, the Equifit T-Boot originals and the Prestige leather (with leather lining). I find the legs stay coolest with the leather. The Veredus seem to be much cooler than the T-Boots.

As far as size, the T-boot and Veredus are the same height. Here are some not-great pictures to give an idea of size on a 17.2 horse (wearing an XL in the T-boot and an L in the Veredus). Not sure why the T-boots show up grey in the picture, they are all black.

Veredus: http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...2/Veredus.jpeg
    T-Boot: http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...12/TBoots.jpeg

I haven't compared the Prestige so I can't remember off-hand how the fit compares (I only use them for clinics).

Quote Originally Posted by BITSA View Post
    I am looking for good support and cool (my horse gets crabby with hot legs). She's tall at 17.1 (Clyde x TB).
    Any boot will always add heat compared to an unbooted leg - try each boot for fit; I agree that leather/leather lined boot seems to stay the coolest.
    No boot will actually support the leg, protection against concussive shock is real, hard plate acts differently than a soft plate, do research that & decide which suits you better.

What are some of the differences between a hard plate and soft plate?