The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Well my day sucked - how was yours?

As the title says.

My Friday was unbelievably trying. So now I'm making myself feel better with paleo cookies and wine (I'm pretending I'm still on the wagon, leave me alone).

How was your Friday? And if yours was like mine, what's your favorite way to unwind?
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

1 members found this post helpful.

The only bright side to my day was getting off work a couple of hours early on a beautiful fall day. I seized a dog on a neglect case the end of October and after spending the last month or so with this sweet girl, she was euthanized today. She had the worst case of heartworms our vet has ever seen. I consulted with two seperate vets and both recommended euthanasia over treatment. I try so hard not to get "attached", but she burrowed her way into my heart. How do I unwind? I came home and passed out in bed for a couple hours. I have such a sweet DH, he knew what was happening and after a nice back rub ordered Chinese food for dinner.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Mine has been pretty quiet. The weather has been nasty so I've spent most of the day watching the first season of American Horror Story on Netflix. I'm on the last two episodes. After that, I may start watching Spartacus or Justified on Blu-Ray since I picked up several seasons during Black Friday.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Mine was pretty good. BF got back from NC so I had to pick him up from the airport. Still no work because it's COLD and snowy so I'm getting a little stir crazy.

As for how I unwind? Booze.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

My toothache went from unbearable pain to somewhat bearable throbbing.
    Cut the aspirin and am taking only the big dose of Advil and every six, not four hours, before I need another.
    Feel like a truck ran over me, very tired.
    Tried to do some book work but the ice pack kept getting in my way and gave up.
    Been too cold outside to do more than chores, feeding and breaking ice.

Pain is definitely getting better, so that is wonderful, can't complain.

3 members found this post helpful.

I have cankles. But now I'm officially on maternity leave. DH is picking up dinner, and I have my feet up watching "Suits". Other than it feeling really weird leaving work today, it's been a pretty decent day.
    Jer 29: 11-13

Sorry to hear about the rotten day all!

I took advantage of the cold, rainy day and did laundry, cleaned house and made some super yummy pork chops for dinner. Took advantage of my rain gear and got the dogs walked a few times. Got most of DH's stuff packed for his trip. Got friend's car gassed up and detailed and ready to put into storage Monday. And "sat in" on Gma's Dr. appt via phone...things going in the right direction.

So...all in all, a productive day here. Watched Out of Africa last night, caught up on Scandal tonight and I guess it's about time to call it quits and start all over again in the morning.

Hope you all are feeling better/things start looking up soon!
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Pretty typical day, just glad it's Friday.

Nicker <<cyber hugs>> coming your way . . .
    \"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.\" Anne of Green Gables

My day was decent, but my 11 year old son had a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day", which involved tripping over a pencil and smashing an iPad, getting hit in the back with a trapeze at school, getting teased, losing his favorite hat and having to sit at school on his still hurting tailbone from getting dumped off a pony a few days ago.

Today was my least sucky day of the week-no frozen pipes, no bad news on our house purchase, and only one horse got out!

I'm going through what will probably go down in my life history as a "crappy time" in which my husband has moved away for work three months ago and left me in a dilapidated old farmhouse with two teenagers,horses/cows and bad fences. Insanity ensues.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen R. Covey

Good day. I've been writing, seriously and creatively writing, not just writing because I don't have anything to read and/or I just want to write. I love it when the characters take over and don't want me to take breaks even to sleep and/or eat!

I also got in nearly 4 hours on the computer today -- research, play, reading COTH posts! Did some laundry this evening and am about to head back upstairs to cuddle with kittehs and watch "Wheat Belly" (see my post in this forum about that).

Bluey, I am so glad your tooth is better! I have been there and I know how good it feels when the pain even just lets up. Hope yours goes away completely very soon!

Nicker, I am very sorry for your loss. What a wonderful DH you have .
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

Bluey, I'm glad you're feeling better-tooth pain is very bad!

Nicker-that truly is a very bad thing to happen today, I'm sorry for your loss.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen R. Covey

Son got fired today for dating a coworker. She gets to keep her job.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Mine was boring and awful.
    I'm going to eat my feelings now.
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

4 members found this post helpful.

I'm off work after surgery, so anything is better than being there. But my dog peed on DH's boots and DD's car seat, DD peed on the floor when I set her down right before putting her into the tub to investigate a burning plastic smell in the dishwasher, and I did not one, but TWO, loads of laundry with no detergent.

And again, still better than being at work with the baby in daycare.

2 members found this post helpful.

I had a nasty confrontation with my ex I still have strong feelings for.

I cried for a few hours when I realized I will never see my favorite school horse ever again.

Found out that I need a new water pump and intake gasket on my car, but I'm counting my blessings that my parents agreed to pay for the repair, the car didn't leave me stranded in the middle of the night in the deserted highway with limited cell reception last night, and I still have my truck as a working vehicle.

I'm unwinding by drinking delicious chai tea, cuddling with the puppy under the electric throw, and watching Supernatural. I'm also drooling over my diet cheat tomorrow ( cinnamon roll with cream cheese frosting) that I'm allowing myself to have under the guise of " carb loading" I'm prep for the hockey games I'm playing tomorrow.

Hugs and puppy or kitty cuddles ( my animals have extra cuddles to share! ) to all who had a bad day.

Well my job was way too stressful today. I overslept and got there late (I overslept because I stayed too late the two days before). I arrived at about 8:15 and didn't leave until 10:50….. 10:50 pm that is. Way too much paperwork. At least I have 3 days off because I work 4 "10"s though today was a a whole lot more than 10. Oh well. At least I have a JOB. Just wish I had half the work load. So there. I am a state employee and people think we are lazy. I do not get overtime. If I ever get caught up and can leave early. But I doubt I will ever get back all the extra hours I have put in. I do hope that everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!

i'm so sorry for your troubles everyone!
    my Friday wasn't too bad--just more of the usual. I have almost constant nausea and stomachaches which is tiring and frustrating. the taste in my mouth is better, I can taste most things now, but they have that foul taste coating them.
    chocolate is still disgusting, as is wine.
    my last treatment was two months ago and I keep thinking it's crazy to still be having a reaction.
    lol, I guess I've still got some whining left in me!

It has been 106 days since my back didn't hurt. Not that I'm counting.

I finally gave up on working with my insurance company and I'm going to see a doctor at the Hospital for Special Surgery to get a consultation that is going to take a frightening amount of money from my bank account. I'm tired of this whole "try something, wait a month" routine. I haven't been able to jump a course since the beginning of August. Right now, I can't ride at all. I'm done with this.

Also, I might punch the next person who patronizingly says to me that I'm too young to have disc problems.

/end whining