The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    From the South

Default Wonderful neighbors

A lot of people complain about their neighbors. I want to send a big THANKS to ours. After Art had amputation, we know we could not get a Christmas tree-would not work with Art's wheelchair and walker. Lori, Robin, and Poldy got us a small Norfolk Pine in a pot-about 4' high-now we can have a TREE! I've got a strand of white lights, and some small ornaments- We love our friends and neighbors. I might get another small one to put outside the front door.
    Life is great when you can hug a horse.

11 members found this post helpful.

Eugene, OR

What great neighbors you have!
    It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
    Theodore Roosevelt

1 members found this post helpful.

You're lucky to have such wonderful neighbors.

My neighbors are amazing. One is teaching my girls and I how to knit, another gave my girls an amazing doll house he made himself, and the others are like surrogate grandparents and shower us with love and are just… neighborly. We help each other out and watch out for each other. The last neighborhood turned out to be a total nightmare. The kid 2 doors down was busted in a massive drug bust a few months after we moved. We knew something was going on there, but we didn't know how big his operation was. They monitored him for quite awhile building a case, and they busted 30 of the biggest drug dealers in the area. Oh, and they conveniently waited until he turned 18...

2 members found this post helpful.

Washington State

Our neighbors are great. The ones next to us let us ride on their unused land, the ones north of us stop by to offer help whenever they hear a hint of "the newbs can't get their chainsaw to work" rumors .

Another set gives us fresh garden goodies when they have them.

We offer to do free tractor work and people are welcome to take some of our black gold compost come spring.

Love our rural neighborhood.
    My herd for life:
    King: 21 year old Foxtrotter gelding
    Ruais: 8 year old Friesian/Arabian mare

Great neighbors that you have.