The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I want to add your hauler to our w0ebsite for finger lakes finest!

1 members found this post helpful.

So glad he made it to you safe and sound. You guys sound like you are going to be a perfect pair.

YAY!
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Congratulations! On the name, you know he might be a Jedi Knight. (From Jed to Jedi is not that large of a linguistic leap.) That might give more name choices along the Star Wars theme.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Jedi knight....very cute!

Here's a new pic of the handsome guy.....

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps038b61da.jpg

Everyone at the barn has been oohing and aaahing over him and I can see why he was always a barn favorite. He is truly a doll and has been nothing but polite, gentlemanly and well behaved. I love him! I've not been able to hop on him yet as he is missing a shoe (long story) but I cannot wait to! Because he is shoe-less he has been chilling in his stall and only getting handwalked and I am amazed at how composed he has been. New barn, new people, cold weather, no turnout and he's as well mannered as could be.

I'm super excited about him..... he is more than I could have hoped for!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

7 members found this post helpful.

The best report! Congrats!

What a pretty boy. Congrats!!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Out of curiosity, what is his breeding?

FM... here ya go

http://www.pedigreequery.com/civil+hero

I have always liked Gone West horses. Ironic, as I looked up his pedigree after already deciding I would take him!

He has some classy families represented in his pedigree! Congrats!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Yes, he not only has great looks but really, really nice bloodlines too. So, any luck getting that shoe on? And on hopping on to have the first ride? I sure hope so! Today was absolutely beautiful with temps at 60 F. Unfortunately all the snow has melted to mud and both my boys enjoyed a mud bath!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

No ride yet! We thought he might blow an abscess, so the shoe has been off.... farrier is coming again today, I think he's gonna put it back on.

Poor fellow! What an introduction to WNY! He's had to hang in his stall the last week due to the foot, which is a bummer, not to mention I've been wrapping and soaking. He has been a *perfect* gentleman. We've been doing a lot of hand walking too and he's been nothing but polite and composed despite the lack of turnout, cold temps, being in a new place, etc.

Can't wait to get on him!!!!!!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
    No ride yet! We thought he might blow an abscess, so the shoe has been off.... farrier is coming again today, I think he's gonna put it back on.

Poor fellow! What an introduction to WNY! He's had to hang in his stall the last week due to the foot, which is a bummer, not to mention I've been wrapping and soaking. He has been a *perfect* gentleman. We've been doing a lot of hand walking too and he's been nothing but polite and composed despite the lack of turnout, cold temps, being in a new place, etc.

Can't wait to get on him!!!!!!
    What a wonderful introduction for both of you.

Hoping he rides for you as good as he is to live with.
    That to me is very important.
    We can work on riding skills, not so much on inherited good temperament.
    That is what it is.
    You got a gem there.

Flash, he sounds wonderful. You deserve a really nice horse and it sounds like got one.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Thanks guys! Farrier wants to leave the shoe off until next week... so we have a little more R&R time. He went out in the indoor today and looked pretty good.... gosh he is a cute mover and while he had fun playing, he never lost his composure.

He seems to recognize my voice already and perks up when I come down the aisle of the barn, which is kinda cute. It is funny how some horses feel familiar right from the get-go. It is not a common thing, there have only been a few in my life like that, but he is one of those. Feels like he's been here a year, instead of a week.

Anyway I do love him and feeling pretty lucky he came my way!!

3 members found this post helpful.

I think he is equally lucky to have found you! Not many new owners would be as patient as you are being.

2 members found this post helpful.

YAY Jed, whom we are now calling Jasper, is back to work!

He has the most lovely trot, he is *super* soft and responsive, clearly has had a lot of nice training and riding. And was extremely composed despite a very hectic ring, and two of the horses had a serious case of the winter sillies. My only regret is that it was not me aboard, have had a rough few days of not feeling well, so a friend offered to pilot since we were all so curious about how he would go! Hoping by Tuesday I will feel well enough to get on him myself.

It is crazy how this has all worked out! Feeling really thankful. He is like a combo of the best qualities of the horses I've had.... I really, really love him.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
    YAY Jed, whom we are now calling Jasper, is back to work!

He has the most lovely trot, he is *super* soft and responsive, clearly has had a lot of nice training and riding. And was extremely composed despite a very hectic ring, and two of the horses had a serious case of the winter sillies. My only regret is that it was not me aboard, have had a rough few days of not feeling well, so a friend offered to pilot since we were all so curious about how he would go! Hoping by Tuesday I will feel well enough to get on him myself.

It is crazy how this has all worked out! Feeling really thankful. He is like a combo of the best qualities of the horses I've had.... I really, really love him.
    Nice, what a gem, makes me grin along with you.

yay!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Fantastic! Good things come to those who wait! Not sure I feel about Jasper but it is definitely better than Jed.