The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Steerlino, just saw the pics and responded to your pm. That is in fact, the horse I thought it was. You have my full cooperation and any info I can offer. You have my contact info.

Give that big boy a scritch and some loving from me, would you?
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

3 members found this post helpful.

Steelrino - I am soooo glad you came on here! I didn't have your tel # to discuss him with you. Thanx for posting pics!!

Zeus is sooooo nice! and I don't say that about too many horses. Rose knows how I feel. I will work hard at placing him!! If they euth him, I will be making a stink!! If they need donations to keep him until he gets placed, maybe some COTHers will chip in?? If sent to ACC they MUST be specified for HIM and also specific for WHAT because otherwise it just goes into the general fund. There are 24 cows on the property right now...imagine the flies looking for something to land on when they leave!! They were out of fly spray for 2 weeks!! and no budget for more!!

I CAN NOT RESPOND TO PMs...they are under the ad on the right of the screen...I messed up trying to empty my PMs. Anyone who wants to contact me can email me at anuphillbattle at yahoo.com.

Lynnwood - I suggested the every week de-worming yesterday... He's only been de-wormed 2xs in the 5-6 weeks maybe longer he's been there. He was de-wormed last week. I think may have/ have had neck thread worms too which would also benefit from your protocol.

IF YOU KNOW THIS HORSE, PLEASE EMAIL ME!! Some history might help get someone interested.

thanx...I know with the help of COTHers he'll find a soft spot!!

Long Spot - OMG!! I am so happy to hear you know him! He sure is wonderful! I'll be in touch with Kristin tomorrow. I will do everything I can ( that doesn't involve $$ as I don't have any to spare) to be sure he's OK!

Please email me at anuphillbattle at yahoo.com The part of the PM pic that I saw sure looks like Zeus!

Sent you an email Sue with my number

I would take this guy in a heartbeat if DH had a job! Looks like a VERY nice horse!
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

Alittlegray, he would be perfect for your wonderful daughter. I can't say too much, but he just would.

Email sent, Uphill.

Will continue to keep in touch. And if he needs some funds to keep going, count me in. I don't have much to give, but for once it's a horse that's close to the heart for me, so I will do what I can.

Anyone in Florida, he really is a GREAT horse. And worth consideration.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

I have a long or short term empty stall/barn in a desperate situation however am far away and it is cold here!

I saw on Craigslist a horse therapy program in the Redlands (south of Miami ) is looking for a quiet horse for its therapy program and they prefer older horses over age 15. The ad is in the South Florida Craigslist (I type in horses for sale and related comes up)

He does look very sweet.

Can't do anything other than offer dribbles...if anything is needed, please PM me so I can help get him to a soft landing.

Quote Originally Posted by uphill View Post
    I CAN NOT RESPOND TO PMs...they are under the ad on the right of the screen...I messed up trying to empty my PMs. Anyone who wants to contact me can email me at anuphillbattle at yahoo.com.

You can fix that from your Tools menu under Compatibility View
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

I can offer dribbles as well. A lnk please and I don't do paypal.

keep fingers crossed! I have someone looking at Zeus tomorrow...could be PERFECT! Might need some dribbles for the things ACC doesn't have on their must do list...sigh...fly control...a fly mask that FITS, wormer...there is grain and hay for now...

crossing EVERYTHING!!

Long Spot - email sent and will call...thnx
    Last edited by uphill; Nov. 11, 2013 at 07:55 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.

Uphill, I emailed you about the fly mask. Check your emails. Cloudy has some old flymasks. Cashels and rambos fit everything but a draft.
    And doctors foster and smith have the tritec by the gallon for a good price. I'm still buying from the due to the warm weather and bugs. If you check their prices, they are much cheaper than tsc and others, and free shipping if you buy 2 gallons. Which I do every few weeks.

Videos posted to YouTube of Zeus trot and canter. Please no critiques as this is a animal shelter and I do the best I can do given the facilities I have. Not sure when he was last ridden but he was a saint.

Search for user steelerinob they should be there

Quote Originally Posted by steelerino View Post
    Videos posted to YouTube of Zeus trot and canter. Please no critiques as this is a animal shelter and I do the best I can do given the facilities I have. Not sure when he was last ridden but he was a saint.

Search for user steelerinob they should be there

No critique from me, honey. I'm relieved he found you guys.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

2 members found this post helpful.

those videos are great, he looks so smooth! Uphill, I tried PMs to you but looks like it might have been lost. Am sending the link to the videos to a friend in Chagrin who lost her boy in Sept, Zeus looks a lot like Jerry. Maybe she'd have some interest? If she does, who should she contact?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    Alittlegray, he would be perfect for your wonderful daughter. I can't say too much, but he just would.

Email sent, Uphill.

Will continue to keep in touch. And if he needs some funds to keep going, count me in. I don't have much to give, but for once it's a horse that's close to the heart for me, so I will do what I can.

Anyone in Florida, he really is a GREAT horse. And worth consideration.
    Yep, I got the feeling from looking at him that he would be good for her, especially given his height.

Unfortunately DH is job hunting. If I don't find her a catch ride this year she won't get to ride at all. Hoping things will pick up again for us soon.

I am hoping with fingers and toes crossed that whoever is looking at him tomorrow will be the right fit for HIM and he will have a wondeful ne home. What a sweet boy, and awful to be considered unadoptable or face euth over some summer sores. Prayers sent up for him!
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

1 members found this post helpful.

Cloudyandcallie and Dogontired....please use my email anuphillbattle at yahoo.com because I STILL can not access my PMs!!! can't figure out what in tools will fix it!!

If you email me I will give you contact info.

Dogontired - Steelerino works in the kennel part of the ACC rather than the barn though she is the 'crash dummy'/ brave soul who gets on unknown horses to see what they know!! Due to her, we got good homes for a few with 'no history' that might have fallen thru the cracks. She's rarely available by phone though you could leave a message ...but email me!

To treat summer sores effectively, spray on the liquid Frontline spray (comes in a spray bottle at PetSmart) for cats/dogs every few days. My vet told me about it, as I had a horse that got a couple of them this year. They cleared up in a few weeks, no fuss no muss. They are certainly not something to euth a nice horse over!
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

Uphill, just sent you an email to your yahoo acct, thank you to you and Steelerino for all you do for these lost children that fall between the cracks!