Exclamation Free horse on CL in NH. Sounds like a good horse in a bad match

I'm not referring to the physical conditions, there's no photo and I have no additional info on the situation. Based on the owner's description, I'm referring only to a bad match between an inexperienced owner and a horse that needs someone who knows what she's doing.

So she may well be a great horse for someone else! Anyone interested?

Tennesse Walker Horse - Free (Barnstead, NH)
    For experienced rider/handler ONLY. She's 9 and about 15.1h. Will crosstie, tie & trailer, also good for vet/farrier. Needs a refresher course and then will need consistent work to stay at that level and beyond.

If you are serious - contact me. If you are just nosey and want to know what's been done so far or what is up with her, don't waste my time - I've been advertising her for too long. If you just want to warn me about the potential bad things for free horses - save your breath! I'm hanging on by a thread with this horse, as I don't have the experience or know how to continue with her....she will be advertised here until I can figure out how to get her to an auction.

Again, wanna be do gooders need not apply - I know the warnings and I'm sick of "rescues" only helping those that are sick, thin or crippled beyond help.
    http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/4156379742.html

No contact info given.
    Horse & Dog Designs: Clothing, Pendants, Water Bottles, Totes, Phone Cases, ETC:
    WoofNWhinny*
    NEW: Schnauzers, Boxers, Western, & Polo Ponies

Horsey Humor, Ponies, Barn Safety & More.

Another honest and refreshingly frank CL ad. Again, don't know if she'll unload the horse that way, but you have to appreciate someone telling it like it is and leaving out the sugar coating.

Quote Originally Posted by WoofNWhinny* View Post
    No contact info given.
    Well, there's the usual "reply to ad". I imagine they don't want a bunch of texts/calls; sounds like they've been through that.
    Proud Member Of The Lady Mafia

Let's hope this thread gets the horse exposure to some people who could help her. It'd be a shame for her to get run through a sale. Sounds like she'd make a nice horse for an experienced person!

And it sounds like she has nice ground manners, so maybe someone can give her a safe place until the right experienced rider comes along?

1 members found this post helpful.

*sigh* Of course the ad has been deleted by the author. Possibly the same person posted this ad:

Free Horse
    Okay you wanna be's - instead of helping, you just sent the horse on it's way!

Hope you're happy now!

Posting ID: 4163749056

Posted: 2013-10-31, 5:26PM EDT

http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/4163749056.html

Yeah, whatever...posted so quickly, it loses its steam.

What a sick & twisted individual.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

2 members found this post helpful.

I'm pretty sure this lady has been advertising this horse for a while now, started with a price and now the horse is free. I saw her post on FB once, I think. She is pretty desperate to rehome the horse as it is not the horse for her. Sounds like it is too much horse for her. I will see if I can find the FB post.
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.

I don't know if this link works and I don't know if this is the same horse, age is right, height is different and this one says a different town. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2995...2319950462599/
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashela View Post
    I don't know if this link works and I don't know if this is the same horse, age is right, height is different and this one says a different town. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2995...2319950462599/
    I also thought it may have been this horse. The poor woman has been trying to rehome the horse for months, and every time she posts the horse, peopel are always jumping on her about the bad things that can happen if she sells or gives it away. She just wants to find it a better match.

I'm not sure *if* this is the same horse, but if it is, I know why the woman's CL ad was so frank. She's tired of dealing with the judgement when she's been trying to do best by teh horse.
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

Quote Originally Posted by SuckerForHorses View Post
    I also thought it may have been this horse. The poor woman has been trying to rehome the horse for months, and every time she posts the horse, peopel are always jumping on her about the bad things that can happen if she sells or gives it away. She just wants to find it a better match.

I'm not sure *if* this is the same horse, but if it is, I know why the woman's CL ad was so frank. She's tired of dealing with the judgement when she's been trying to do best by teh horse.
    She is setting herself up for being judged. She could have posted an ad that says what the horse can do (tie, clip load ect) and that its green broke. Put is up for $1,000.00 and don't bad talk the horse or make herself seem crazy (I get crazy, maybe others don't). Just because she can't work with it doesn't mean other people could not. If she really wanted to get rid of it, she could have taken it to a broker or the auction and not tried to guilt everyone about it. This women seems like she doesn't even want to sell the horse but just wants attention from people and created a problem to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by englishcowgirl View Post
    She is setting herself up for being judged. She could have posted an ad that says what the horse can do (tie, clip load ect) and that its green broke. Put is up for $1,000.00 and don't bad talk the horse or make herself seem crazy (I get crazy, maybe others don't). Just because she can't work with it doesn't mean other people could not. If she really wanted to get rid of it, she could have taken it to a broker or the auction and not tried to guilt everyone about it. This women seems like she doesn't even want to sell the horse but just wants attention from people and created a problem to get that.
    *IF* it's indeed the same horse, the woman DID do the things you just said she should do. IF it's the same horse, she did advertise it months ago and was very honest and open about the horse, and if I'm remembering correctly, did put $1000 on it for a tag. People were still giving her a hard time about selling the horse. *IF* it's the same horse, I believe it was a rescue/auction purchase to begin with (maybe Camelot but I cannot recall for certain...I think I saw it first on the Camelot page for the horses that got saved...can't remember the name of it..."New Beginnings" maybe?)
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

Default I know this horse

OP is correct bad rider/horse match. Horse is well taken care of, owner has been advertising her first for a money amount, now free. The is ad 100% blunt and honest, I commend her for that, better then hiding the truth and having someone get hurt. She has done everything in her power for this mare, sent her to training, had someone come out and work with her. She has done some Natural horsemanship stuff herself with the mare. The mare is nervous, and so is the owner, its as simple as that. Owner is frustrated with the situation as rescue groups wont take the horse because, yes she is healthy and well cared for. The owner wants to be in the saddle but isn't safe on this mare, due to owners confidence level. People are sending her nasty emails via the CL ad simple because she was honest.

If anyone experienced honestly wants to step in for this horse feel free to email me, I can give you all the details and I can put you in touch with the owner. Horse really wants to be good, and deserves a chance.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Journeys_edge View Post
    If anyone experienced honestly wants to step in for this horse feel free to email me, I can give you all the details and I can put you in touch with the owner. Horse really wants to be good, and deserves a chance.
    I hope you get a lot of responses. Please let us know if this has a happy ending for all concerned.

2 members found this post helpful.

Do we know what became of this horse?

I actually got a wonderful TWH in just the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by CVPeg View Post
    What a sick & twisted individual.
    Why would you say that? Evidently, she'd been trying to find a FREE home for this horse for a few months and all she was getting was BS and aggravation. Not everyone in this world can afford to keep a horse forever if, for whatever reason, it isn't able to do the job you purchased it for. It's all well and good to say that when you buy or breed, it's for better or for worse, til death do us part. But if you look around, there's a lot of divorce going on between folks who made that pledge.

This woman indicated that the horse was going to auction - yet no one stepped up. What SHOULD she have done?
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Quote Originally Posted by ccoronios View Post
    Why would you say that? Evidently, she'd been trying to find a FREE home for this horse for a few months and all she was getting was BS and aggravation. Not everyone in this world can afford to keep a horse forever if, for whatever reason, it isn't able to do the job you purchased it for. It's all well and good to say that when you buy or breed, it's for better or for worse, til death do us part. But if you look around, there's a lot of divorce going on between folks who made that pledge.

This woman indicated that the horse was going to auction - yet no one stepped up. What SHOULD she have done?
    Based on the following:

Free Horse
    Okay you wanna be's - instead of helping, you just sent the horse on it's way!

Hope you're happy now!
    You're right - she's certainly not the only one with horse/financial issues. But if others won't take the horse, it's her responsibility to do what she has to do. Not blame the rest of the world.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes