The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default East Texas CL rescue - now with FB page!

Can anyone help? I can throw some pennies towards the rescue but unfortunately can't take her myself!

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/grd/4155611575.html
    Last edited by Jo; Nov. 1, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

Default Cute horse

Wow, that poor thing is too thin even for a not pregnant horse!

And she even has 3 mouths!

have a mare she is pregnant by AQH 3 mouths she is not a Wildhorse really nice and registered and she is kinda skinny but she is going for a really good price 400 cash I don't have time for a horse no more . give me a call 9038808435 .400 cash

"I don't have time for a horse no more." Sigh...
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

I just cross-posted this on Arabian Breeder's Network. www.arabianbreeders.net. If anyone chimes in I will try to coordinate between the two boards.

Oh my! Poor thing!

If you do not intend on buying this horse DO NOT CALL. If a bunch of crazy online people call and harass owners like this they take the ad down and dump the horse.

2 members found this post helpful.

Someone sent this to me as was posted on FB:

Heather Perillo

For those following the story of the arab mare, I'm on my way to go get her. If you'd like to contribute, my paypal is hperil@yahoo.com. Will post again when I get her home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo View Post
    Someone sent this to me as was posted on FB:

Heather Perillo

For those following the story of the arab mare, I'm on my way to go get her. If you'd like to contribute, my paypal is hperil@yahoo.com. Will post again when I get her home.
    Let us know when the horse gets there and if you think the person who rescued her is legit!

1 members found this post helpful.

Poor mare. Waiting for update.

Not that it matters now, but would be nice to be able to read her papers.

Can anyone do a screen shot, rotate and post it here?

Wonder how old she is.

Quote Originally Posted by grayarabs View Post
    Poor mare. Waiting for update.

Not that it matters now, but would be nice to be able to read her papers.

Can anyone do a screen shot, rotate and post it here?

Wonder how old she is.
    Looking at the photo of the registration, I think she might be "Kalibers Khazana", born March 2008, bred by Laura Allison. If this is the right horse, she also had a 2012 filly.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/kalibers+khazana

Hope she gets help.

Thanks.
    I googled the name of the breeder.
    Sad story. Apparently she died in 2009 and her family was placing her beloved horses.

Keep us posted!

Heather is on my friends list on Facebook and does appear to have the mare in her custody. I do not know her personally just on Facebook. However I feel comfortable in sending her a dribble.

1 members found this post helpful.

She has been rescued and the new owner is trying to get signed into COTH to validate her existence and post an update. The mare is very very skinny - she posted pics, and a gal who knew the mare as a foal posted baby pics. The rehab begins!

I know Heather, she is 100% legit. She has rescued the horse, has posted pictures of her since getting her home and has her tucked safely into her Foaling stall so she can watch her on video surveillance.

I know Heather personally, have been to her ranch many times. This mare could not have landed in a more wonderful place with a more perfect person! Prayers were answered for her!

3 members found this post helpful.

I contacted Heather by email last night, since I'm not on FB, and told her to come on over and post pix of the mare so we could see that she did get the mare. In case some of us want to help. Found her reply this morning where she said she signed up on Coth but couldn't find this thread. So if someone will send it to her, she can log on and tell us about the mare. She says she's not a rescue, but I told her we never let that stop us from helping.

She's at a Friesian ranch!

I sent her the link last night and told her I would post the update (above).

www.newhorizonsranch.com

She's having trouble logging onto Coth. And is going to get the mare checked out by her vet.

I also know Heather personally and can vouch for her. She is 100% legit and this mare could not have landed in a better place even if just to get on her feet again. If any of the COTHer's can dribble a little her way it would help. Heather is as genuine as they come and is as honest a person as you'll ever meet. Her and her family are wonderful people. I can't say enough great things about them!

Oh and Big D (Darktanion) is as wonderful as he looks in the pictures and then some! Heather is truely a wonderful horseperson and cares about all of her animals.

FINALLY!! I have been trying to log in since last night! ARGH! Ok. I'm here. I'm Heather, the one that rescued the arab mare. I am a real person (HUGE thanks to those that confirmed I was!!). The mare, Khazana (now called Kaz) is with me. She was vetted out today and found to have a bad case of worms, she's anemic and her blood protein levels are low. Basically, her whole condition is caused simply because she wasn't fed or wormed. Vet gave me a feed routine for her to follow and said he expects her to be a different horse in 60 days. If you'd LIKE to contribute, my paypal is hperil@yahoo.com. The only reason I posted that is because people wanted to know where they could send support. If you are NOT interested in contributing, that's perfectly fine. I'm not begging. I can handle it on my own if I need to. People asked where they could send funds so I told them. That's all. :-) I don't get on COTH often but I am active on FB and that's where I'll be posting updates and pics more often. :-) Thanks again for all that have contributed and to those that confirmed I am real! LOL!!
    http://www.newhorizonsranch.com
    Breeders of Friesian Sport Horses
    Standing Darktanion, Purebred Friesian Stallion