The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hoping things start looking up.

But I would ask for a retest, if you truly haven't done any drugs. As mentioned, having sex with a drug user will not make you test positive.

2 members found this post helpful.

I'm so sorry. I remember seeing pictures of your son and he was one of the cutest kids ever. (Dang it, what's that in my eyes now?) I'd insist on a retest, as well. Jingles for you!

The grandparents sound a bit off-- they won't take the dog because he "poops in the yard"? Far better than in the house, to my way of thinking!

Kim
    I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Really? There is no other way I tested positive. NONE it doesn't matter now as it is to late and I didn't have the $250 to contest it and to be sent to another lab. If you touch a small amount you can be positive through skin I figured same with semen. At this point it is the least of my concerns.

I'm still working out the best thing for my dog. Yes, my parent have issues and are retired. I am causing them stress being here and the dog messing their small yard is an issue. Not everyone thinks the same way. They are not animal people.

Don't worry about it. I will get it right as I always do. I was just asking for help ... should have known better.
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    Hey all,

I thought about changing to an alter but I really don't feel like it so I am posting under ME.

Well, to get to the major point of this I will post it first then get to the boring background. I think I also posted this because I need to vent.

Ok I HATE posting this but I need help. Within the last few days my life has been turned upside down. I need to find a place to keep my RB. He is 12 and in great health great with children, dogs, cats (if they don't run from him), horses and was a buddy to a chicken. It can be a temp foster (I should be out of this disaster in 2 months )or if you fall in love I will let him stay. I just want him to be happy. His bday was just October 3 . I am in Ocala area...... please don't flame me things are hard enough as it is. (this was of last night 10/21/13)

Update:
    I do have a solid lead to take him in VA. I actually grew up with her and know her quite well. I need to find a way to get him up there and have no money for gas. I do have time and a car but no gas. I have emailed the Ridgeback Rescue here in FL just waiting to hear back from them and another rescue here in the area.

Part 2
    I got laid off my job which happens once or twice a year. NO big deal they always bring me back. (TMI HEADS UP) Well, I went to take my pee drug test to come back and it came back dirty (get ready for TMI). I had sex with my fiancée (Thursday) and took my pee test the next day (Friday) to come back on Monday. Well, I peed dirty for cocaine because I was with him the night before. I thought he was just drunk but it brought out so many other things (not just cocaine but maybe crack but I have no proof. I am sure it is after hearing from other members of the family). So my contractor will not bring me back for 1yr but the company itself will bring me back but it is taking forever. In the meantime the Fiancée just up and left me hanging when he did have a small job and he won't see his two kids. The day after he left the lights were turned off and he was supposed to be paying that bill. I am now back in my parents house and they wont take my dog because he poops in the yard. This dog is the last thing I have in connection to my son that died in 2006. It was his dog...

I'm telling you I have hit rock bottom. I am behind 3 months on my car, I owe still on the house I was renting (I actually liked it there and want to go back) but the Fiancée told me he was paying these things and wasn't. He even got $10,000 settlement in al of this process and not ONE FREEAKING DIME was put on bills. Now that his drug issue has come to light it explains where it went. WOW. Never in my life did I ever think my world would come crashing down so far. He told me everything I wanted to hear and even was going to put the deposit on the Knabstrupper filly I have wanted. It was all a lie Hopefully you can understand that mess I wrote. I am a bit scatter brained at this point
    OK, I wanted others to say it first, so now I'll say it too: You won't test positive for coke by having sex with someone who has used it. And excluding someone who smokes crack or who drinks alcohol when snorting coke, someone won't "act drunk" when on coke. I've seen a lot of dopers IRL, and it just doesn't work that way. So don't use that excuse for testing positive for coke. It's like saying someone got VD from a toilet seat.

Take the offer of the poster who graciously offered to take your dog for you. I've known some Ridgebacks IRL, and some can be too much to handle, even for experienced trainers. They were bred to hunt in Africa, so they aren't for someone who is not experienced with aggressive dogs.

I worry about your children in the situations you have put them in. Please choose your kids over a "fiancé" who does things which could impact the children negatively.

6 members found this post helpful.

This may sound dumb, but can't you just routinely pick up the dog's poop so it doesn't mess up the yard?

5 members found this post helpful.

Really? There is no other way I tested positive. NONE it doesn't matter now as it is to late and I didn't have the $250 to contest it and to be sent to another lab. If you touch a small amount you can be positive through skin I figured same with semen. At this point it is the least of my concerns.

I'm still working out the best thing for my dog. Yes, my parent have issues and are retired. I am causing them stress being here and the dog messing their small yard is an issue. Not everyone thinks the same way. They are not animal people.

Don't worry about it. I will get it right as I always do. I was just asking for help ... should have known better.

Well, no. You can't get a positive blood test from just touching coke - if it were that easily transferable from skin to blood it wouldn't need to be snorted.

I am sorry you are in such a mess, but I have to ask - will your old dog be ok with a new home? He's been with you for a long time, and I know that losing him would just be the capper to an awful situation, but at 12 yrs he's not young and a radical change in his life could be unfair to him.

I may be way off base here, but just make sure that he's going to be happy being in a new place, away from you and all the things he knows. I know losing him would be the capper to an awful situation, but it might be kinder to him...

1 members found this post helpful.

OP, I wish you good luck and hope that things turn around for you. Are the children YOUR children or ex-fiance's?
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

They are our children. He is their father. This is something that was in his past and he quit years ago. He has started up again within the last 2months. We have been together 5yrs

Regardless, I don't do drugs. I have no idea how it was positive. I am happy that everyone is stuck on that instead of a happy ending for the dog. Amani is not aggressive and is well trained.

No reason to be worried about the kids. They are doing very well. I'm stressed beyond belief but they have no knowledge of the issues.

I will say I had a COTHer offer me more help than the rest of you before I even posted this thread. She is sending me a grief book and that means a lot.
    Last edited by Nootka; Oct. 23, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde

Nootka, jingles that everything works itself out soon. Not going to weigh in on the drug thing, as I'm not knowledgeable enough about it to have an opinion. We are at our limit for animals right now, but if there's any other way to help, we only a couple of hours from you.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    OK, I wanted others to say it first, so now I'll say it too: You won't test positive for coke by having sex with someone who has used it. And excluding someone who smokes crack or who drinks alcohol when snorting coke, someone won't "act drunk" when on coke. I've seen a lot of dopers IRL, and it just doesn't work that way. So don't use that excuse for testing positive for coke. It's like saying someone got VD from a toilet seat.

Take the offer of the poster who graciously offered to take your dog for you. I've known some Ridgebacks IRL, and some can be too much to handle, even for experienced trainers. They were bred to hunt in Africa, so they aren't for someone who is not experienced with aggressive dogs.

I worry about your children in the situations you have put them in. Please choose your kids over a "fiancé" who does things which could impact the children negatively.
    First of all he was drunk because he was drinking while snorting. Second, I have NO excuse. I am not on that shit. Get over yourself and what you think you may know about me and my life. I did not come on here asking you to do anything but maybe help give a ride for my dog. Geez wow

If you read the Update in my post you would see that a friend of mine in VA is willing to take him. She knows him and he knows her... so all other "issues" you have decided to make up are irrelevant.

My children are taken care of and the situations I have put them in are not nearly as bad as what you are making up in your head. They are bathed, fed and very happy. That fiancé is their father that has been in their life for 5yrs. Not some random stranger I have had a fling with.

That said.... I am done with this thread. If you want to offer positive thoughts PM me.
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde

Regardless, I don't do drugs. I have no idea how it was positive. I am happy that everyone is stuck on that instead of a happy ending for the dog.
    SO if the drug test was wrong then the most important thing is to try and correct it,. That is not something you want on your record and has already negatively affected your employment which might have allowed you to stay in your home and keep your dog with you which would likely be the happiest ending for your 12 yr old dog.

I'm sorry for your situation but your dismissal of the incorrect drug testing results and the consequences of that are concerning. Placing the dog is not going to get to the root of your problems but it's great that you have found a place for him. DO you have access to counselling?

7 members found this post helpful.

Wow, okay then. I'm looking at my posts and I just asked a simple question. I don't know why you're being so angry with us -we didn't do you anything. But I guess I do understand why you're so angry with us.

I hope you find a soft landing for you, your animals and your family. You're in my thoughts.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

4 members found this post helpful.

At this point it [testing positive for cocaine] is the least of my concerns.
    Uh, no, that's going to affect you horribly, not being able to find a job at all.

I'll offer this, though: http://www.norchemlab.com/drug-testi...rvices-faq/#q7

Q7: CAN HAVING SEX WITH A DRUG USER CAUSE A PERSON TO COME UP POSITIVE ON A URINE DRUG TEST?

A: This question has been posed many times but always with respect to cocaine use. Is it possible? Yes, but only in a very unlikely situation. A typical dose of cocaine is about 200 mg. Of that dose, most is eliminated in the urine as metabolites and only a small percentage is incorporated into bodily tissues and fluids. Although it is possible that cocaine might be detected in a drug user’s semen, the amount would be too small to cause a sex partner to subsequently test positive. If a man was to apply cocaine to his penis in order to decrease sensation and thereby prolong erection, the partner could possibly test positive.

http://operationroger.rescuegroups.org/

http://afurryfriend.wordpress.com/an...port-services/

Here are some transport groups. I think your dog's situation could be considered a rescue by people in Va.
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    . If a man was to apply cocaine to his penis in order to decrease sensation and thereby prolong erection, the partner could possibly test positive.
    Just as a possible defense to the OP, I recently read about new products that are being developed to do just that - put on the penis to prolong erection - it's possible the fiance' did that, and the substance he used was one of those that test positive? I just read this article maybe a month ago so this is a new thing.

OP I give you the benefit of the doubt but try not to get defensive ok, maybe some here are judging you but I think the tone of most posts was sympathy & support, you've got more people caring about you & your situation than just those who PM'd.

Wishing good luck to you!

I will say I had a COTHer offer me more help than the rest of you before I even posted this thread.
    For someone asking for help you sure are snarky.
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

5 members found this post helpful.

I have found him a ride... thanks. Snarky as I may be.....

Yes he could have put it elsewhere... that is why this is no longer part of my concern. It isn't on my record and life does go on. As I said before I did not have the $250 to contest the result so there wasn't much more for me to do. I can just dwell on it or continue on. I choose to move forward
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde

No comment on the rest, but jingles for a good outcome for you, the doggy, and kids.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Should have known better than to ask for help? Is that what you meant?

Look, I hope folks can help you with your dog. The rest ain't our business. But you did post all those details here. I hope you aren't still engaged to the guy. It sounds like he has cost you a great deal.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by SuckerForHorses View Post
    For someone asking for help you sure are snarky.
    I had offered last night by PM to give a dribble for transport if others contributed, despite my knowledge of cocaine. Helping the dog despite thinking that we might be being scammed. Today after i got back from the barn I received a PM saying OP had transportation for the dog.

I personally think alcohol abuse is worse than snorting coke, but either way, small kids do not need to be exposed to people who are abusing alcohol or drugs. And if the guy is smoking crack? Uh, that is as bad as smoking crank, and makes a person very dangerous to others.
    Good luck to the kids and the dogs.

ETA as for the poster who asked about "prolonging" you need to understand that cocaine used to be used to deaden sensations. Like doctors used it on eyes to deaden pain during operations. Coke numbs you, so you don't want to use it on a penis! To prolong sex, one ingests coke by snorting. (Smoking it just makes people zombies, you have to snort it to have prolonged sex. Which is why women always liked the experience, and guys didn't like 4 hours of it. Which always made me wonder why it took so long for the pharmaceutical companies to figure out the vascular issue. Anyone who grew up in the drug culture knew years ago about coke prolonging erection.)

I don't think that OP needs to be buying a horse anytime soon. Even a knapp.