The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Retirement home needed, Hanoverian/TB located Allentown NJ

Posting for a fellow boarder. I know this horse for many years. Please PM me questions as owner is a school teacher with a toddler at home so I will "interview" possible homes and put people in direct contact with Spencer's owner. I am not emotionally involved so can answer questions very directly as, I repeat, have known horse several years.

12 yr old, 16.2, Chestnut, Hanoverian/TB gelding. This former hunter/jumper/dressage horse is looking for a retirement home. He is a great companion for horses of all ages. He can still be ridden lightly by the experienced rider. Free to a good home. Owner is willing to ship if new home is within a reasonable distance from Allentown, NJ.
    Adriane
    Happily retired but used to be:
    www.ParrotNutz.com

I am very interested. Both my husband and my sister are good riders. However I have a lot of greenies and I never have a horse for them to ride when they want to ride which is very occasional. Fill me in on any details. I am in upstate NY and have my own farm.

Quote Originally Posted by wb&ponybreeder View Post
    I am very interested. Both my husband and my sister are good riders. However I have a lot of greenies and I never have a horse for them to ride when they want to ride which is very occasional. Fill me in on any details. I am in upstate NY and have my own farm.
    You are posting for free blankets and tack because you cannot afford to buy? Hoarder alert.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post
    You are posting for free blankets and tack because you cannot afford to buy? Hoarder alert.
    Actually it looks like she was willing to give blankets to the person looking for them not that she was looking for blankets herself
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Quote Originally Posted by SonnysMom View Post
    Actually it looks like she was willing to give blankets to the person looking for them not that she was looking for blankets herself
    Yes I looked it up and you are correct.
    wb&pony.....Spencer had an injury several years ago and it seems to have caught up with him now...he is not 100% but is better on equiox.<spelling> The vet said walk and trot would be fine without further diagnostics. I can put you in touch with his owner if you want for all his info. The next step in diagnostics would be a bone scan which she cannot afford having a child and at this point limited funds. He was half leased to a good teenaged rider for 1.5 years who showed him in dressage and did very well until the past 4 or 5 months when he went off.
    You can email me at parrotnutz@aol.com with your contact info or any other questions and I can put you n direct contact. Owner is looking for a good home. He is NOT a beginner horse, does require an experienced rider as he does have a motor being dressage trained. Possibly 24/7 turnnout could help his hind end too....we do not have that at our barn.

PS :He is the ultimate babysitter pasture wise and for the last few years has been taking care of our trainer"s next upper level dressage horse so if you are looking for the perfect baby sitter that would be Spencer. He was put with him when the baby was a yearling and is now 3
    have pix, he is handsome can email them
    Last edited by Parrotnutz; Oct. 21, 2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    Adriane
    Happily retired but used to be:
    www.ParrotNutz.com