The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wegman's Snapea Crisps Contain Crack Cocaine!

They must, because once a bag is open, I. Must. Finish. It.

I picked them up out of curiosity, looking for something crunchy that would be more healthy than crackers or chips. OMG. I barely made it out of the parking lot.

I bought some more this weekend, didn't touch them until today. Gone. The whole bag. Disappeared! I didn't even leave them out on the counter--I wrapped them up and put them away like a good girl. And then my stomach detached itself from my body, grew opposable thumbs, and kept going back for more.

Why can't they make truly healthy, nutritious food this addictive??

1 members found this post helpful.

Agreed.These things scare me with their lure. I know I could eat a bag a day, easy.
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

There's a Wegman's to be built in Owings Mills, MD, not 6 minutes from my old house. Not fair, not fair at all.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Oh, thank you very much. Now, I'm going to have to go looking for them when I go grocery shopping next week.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Laura, you will be delighted! weggie's is my second home. I love to shop there and it is always and adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by foundationmare View Post
    Laura, you will be delighted! weggie's is my second home. I love to shop there and it is always and adventure.
    Sadly, my old house is now about 500 or more miles away.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Oh, thank you very much. Now, I'm going to have to go looking for them when I go grocery shopping next week.
    Ditto.

Where in the store should I be looking for them? Near what other things?

And speaking of crack and food, did you see this news story the other day?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/10/16/...ve-as-cocaine/

1 members found this post helpful.

Don't have a Wegman's but picked up a brand of these found in the Asian food aisle at King Soopers (Kroger). I didn't even get to try them. Mr. Spot ate them in one sitting.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Add that to the list for the next Syracuse road trip...
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by foundationmare View Post
    I usually go to Wegman's with Mr P. Mr P is not a shopper and generally hustles me through the store. Well yesterday I went alone and now I know why. I spent almost $250! To be fair we are having weekend guests.

My new French Son in Law and his daughter LOVE the wine and cheese selection. And the duck breasts
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

I first discovered them at Ingles in NC, then at World Market at home, and now our local supermarket carries them. Plain or Caesar flavored, it doesn't matter, the whole bag truly is one serving!

I just bought a bag at 7-Eleven! Had never seen them or heard of them in my life prior to reading this thread, had been into this 7-Eleven dozens of times and never seen them and boom! There they were at the end of an aisle directly across from the register. I couldn't BELIEVE it. I'd just stopped in for coffee and was not looking for snacks at all.

I bought a bag and while I'm not sure about the crack content, they were quite good. Great texture, flavorful but not overpowering like other snacks that are absolutely covered in some kind of powdered flavoring. And they do look like a much better option nutritionally.

Would buy again!
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Pulleaze, tell us more about the spnapea crisps. What do they contain and what section of the store did you find them?

When I take water samples down to be tested, it's not that far to a Wegman's so I try to have time to head over there. Did it about a month ago and had forgotten how fantabulous Weggies was.

I need to take some more water samples down in about 10 days so I'll add one more thing to my shopping list.

Last time I got some donuts but I will admit the donuts at my local grocery store were bigger and better but the produce sucks where I normally shop. I know that any fruit or veggies must be cooked and/or eaten in about 3 days or else. Fortunately I'm f5 minutes away from local store and 30 minutes from a Weggies so I rarely shop at Weggies. I probably save a ton of $ too!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by msj View Post
    Pulleaze, tell us more about the spnapea crisps. What do they contain and what section of the store did you find them?
    Can't speak to the section of the store--mine jumped out at me at a 7-Eleven!

Ingredients: Green peas, corn oil, rice, salt, calcium carbonate and vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate).

A 1 oz. serving contains

120 calories
    6g fat (.5 saturated)
    0 mg cholesterol
    80 mg sodium
    200 mg potassium
    15 g carbohydrate
    3 g dietary fiber
    1 g sugars
    4 g protein

Quote Originally Posted by Windsor1 View Post
    Can't speak to the section of the store--mine jumped out at me at a 7-Eleven!

Ingredients: Green peas, corn oil, rice, salt, calcium carbonate and vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate).

A 1 oz. serving contains

120 calories
    6g fat (.5 saturated)
    0 mg cholesterol
    80 mg sodium
    200 mg potassium
    15 g carbohydrate
    3 g dietary fiber
    1 g sugars
    4 g protein
    It sounds like since every bag turns into a single serving, the trick is to buy the bag that only holds 1 ounce!

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    It sounds like since every bag turns into a single serving, the trick is to buy the bag that only holds 1 ounce!
    Right?

My bag is 3.3 oz. Pretty easy to power through 3.3 oz. of chips. Or 3.3 oz. of anything, for that matter. I could probably go through a bag on the way home from work. And my commute is SHORT.

That's the beauty of the 100 calorie packages for snacks. The person who came up with that idea should be a gazillionaire, and justifiably so.

The scary part is how small those 100 calorie servings are, compared to what seems like a normal snack.

I found mine at Wally World and try....to....stay...away......from that section. They are the best!!!!!
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

They were in Wegmans on one of those spinny racks--in the produce aisle! Sweet marketing indeed.

The pepper ones are currently my favorite. But I have a bag of Caesar ones in the cabinet, just calling my name.

I'm screwed. Just found out through experience that they go decently with beer...

Thanks for letting us know they are in the produce aisle. I would probably have looked for them in the cracker aisle.

Now, just to remember to stop over when I take the water sample in.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!