The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    LOL. If women play such a fundamental role in the family (and the kitchen, with their pasta-cooking), what about a lesbian couple in the ads? DOUBLE YOUR WOMANLY FUNDAMENTALIST PASTA-COOKING GOODNESS!
    That part had me puzzled as well. I wondered if, like Queen Victoria, he didn't believe in the existence of gay women.

But dammit. Barilla's the only decent store-bought pasta I can get out here!

1 members found this post helpful.

Who needs 'traditional' in that sense of the word - the times they are a changing and people had better get used to it.

Abercrombie (& Fitch) I suppose you are referring to - they have a policy of not hiring 'ugly' people - bad for their image. I don't think they even make bigger sizes. So I will not shop their either.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

3 members found this post helpful.

Buy San Giorgio! Or Ronzoni! Or Prince, or Smart Taste, or Healthy Harvest, or Creamette, or Skinner, or American Beauty, or Catelli (in Canada) - all made by the same company and much better than Barilla any day.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' View Post
    That part had me puzzled as well. I wondered if, like Queen Victoria, he didn't believe in the existence of gay women.

But dammit. Barilla's the only decent store-bought pasta I can get out here!
    He may be one of the sort of men who thinks gsy men are bad but gay women are "good"

One of the funniest things I have seen on FB lately is this meme that says "Homophobic. When you are afraid gay men will treat you like you treat women."

The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGoose View Post
    Yes! WAY too much of this going on these days. Everything has become so ridiculously PC these days, it is like walking on egg shells that you might say something that will blown all out of proportion.

I don't agree with all of Obama's ideas......... "GASP! OMG racist, racist!"

Oh, come on. This guy doesn't support adoption for gay couples. Denying someone rights based on who they sleep with and love is wrong. He also clearly has other hang ups about gay and lesbian couples.

Denying someone rights based on something like skin color or sexual orientation or gender=prejudice.
    Not liking the president's policies= not liking his policies

There are idiots who say anyone who opposes Obama is racist. There are also idiots like my uncle who states regularly that he "doesn't like Obama because who can trust a black man" and then whines when people call him racist. I'm sorry if you were called racist when you're not an idiot like my uncle.

10 members found this post helpful.

Don't eat Pasta or any grain period and you will have no worries.
    Plus you will feel great lose a ton of weight and save bunches of money!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Absolutely within his rights...and I'll keep buying Barilla pasta and sauces. Political correctness doesn't enter into my buying choices no matter who's ox is being gored.

I'll never buy anything with Paul Newman's face on the label, same with any movie with Jane Fonda in it.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakehner View Post
    Absolutely within his rights...and I'll keep buying Barilla pasta and sauces. Political correctness doesn't enter into my buying choices no matter who's ox is being gored.

I'll never buy anything with Paul Newman's face on the label, same with any movie with Jane Fonda in it.
    Didn't your second statement completely contradict your first assertion?
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

20 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Didn't your second statement completely contradict your first assertion?
    Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking, Fred. Completely contradictory and illogical. It's all politics whether you disagree with the liberal or the conservative and make buying choices accordingly.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

9 members found this post helpful.

Barilla, Chick-Fil-a, Abercrombie, Papa Johns, Walmart... there are plenty of better alternatives.
    Help me out here....all the others I understand, but what's wrong with Papa Johns? What stupid thing did he do?

Quote Originally Posted by SlabSided View Post
    Help me out here....all the others I understand, but what's wrong with Papa Johns? What stupid thing did he do?
    Haven't verified this personally, but I'm told he was going to downsize the company rather than insure his employees. Because otherwise he'd have to charge 10 cents more for a pizza.

Don't know if it's true. Don't like his pizza anyway and it wouldn't matter if I did since the only pizza I can get at my house comes out of my own oven.

He was so opposed to having to contribute to his employees' health insurance, he made a statement about having to lay off people and/or raise the cost of a pizza.

4 members found this post helpful.

His pizza tastes like crap, I don't know what his problem is...
    Quarry Rat

Eat it, don't eat it, up to you. If I let CEO personal opinions worry me, I would have had to give up Ben and Jerry's long ago. And that was NOT going to happen.....

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jr View Post
    Eat it, don't eat it, up to you. If I let CEO personal opinions worry me, I would have had to give up Ben and Jerry's long ago. And that was NOT going to happen.....
    To a point you are right.

On another, you are off. But that's ok. I am guessing if it bothers one enough, one makes changes to a habit.

I think it sucks when a CEO rather downsizes than provide the people who make the money for him with essential benefits.
    But I don't like Papa John's much anyhow. We have a couple of locally owned places that beat his stuff by miles.

I think Hobby Lobby is off the deep end with their ideas.
    But by in large, they don't bother me, but amuse me.
    but I think somebody needs to point out to the owner that with him peddling his merchandize from China, he is financing one of the things he is strictly against: Abortion.

But in general, I don't give money to people, individuals or groups, who do not respect me. I value myself more than to be a cash cow only.
    And no, I am also rather cheap, Barilla has hardly ever crossed my thresh hold.

But it is funny that with one statement their CEO dumped on two groups.
    One small, the other rather large.
    (and I think Lesbians also were offended, although he seems to think gay=male and only male...then again, he might enjoy some chick on chick action...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

This^^

Also, there is a Barilla plant 20 minutes from my home and they are giving the residents of Avon, NY area jobs. I'm sure not going to diss them for that!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Just had to laugh at this complete contradiction again. We sure wouldn't want to buy ANYTHING with Paul Newman's face on it would we? Don't profits from his company go to help other people?
    And I am pretty sure his company employs people as well...

Oh wait, he might have been a liberal. Say no more.

Perhaps msj you didn't read Trakehner's whole statement?

6 members found this post helpful.

I just bought a very nice dried pasta at our local 'No Frills' called Delverde.
    "artisan made, with pure natural spring water, bronze cut, slow dried"
    Made in Italy.
    $.99 for a package of Penne Lisce.

It was good! and cheap!

Perhaps msj you didn't read Trakehner's whole statement?
    Uh yes, I did and I posted WHAT I agreed with as I didn't agree with the entire statement. If I had, I would have copied the entire statement.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!