The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Michael J Fox show is pretty hilarious. It's a must watch in my book.

The Walking Dead is healing my wounds from the Breaking Bad withdrawals. Hopefully it continues to stay strong.

I'm looking forward to American Horror Story. I DVR'd the episode but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Heard it's pretty good though.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Blacklist, Micheal J Fox's show, and really like the new true crime show on TNT - Cold Justice.

Tried watching Robin Williams' show - especially since David Kelley is doing it - and it's just too dizzy for me.

Oh, and really liked Devious Maids in spring/summer - now that Desperate Housewives is over - a good, very escapist, tawdry substitute. Gotta love how Susan Lucci lives forever!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

I like Sleepy Hollow as long as I keep the "suspend disbelief" filter on high.

I think Once Upon a Time in Wonderland will be interesting, if only to compare it against Once Upon a Time.

Agents of Shield is finally getting good after the third episode.

Watched the premier of the Tomorrow People and was impressed (watched it on a whim on hulu.com)

Quite fond of Elementary.

I am also an inveterate Dancing with the Stars fan.

Also watching Bones, but I think that's mostly because I've watched the entire series and I just can't let it go.
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

Scandal, Revenge, Parenthood, Nashville, welcome to the family, BBT, Supernatural.

New favorite is the Blacklist.
    come what may

Rest in peace great mare, 1987-2013

I just watched a rerun of Blacklist last night and must say I'm hooked. I really didn't want to add another show but I liked James Spader when he did the lawyer show with William Shatner. Thank heavens for DVR's and that winter is almost here so I won't be living on the bloody mower 3-4 days/wk!
    Sue
    Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you!

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    I'm looking forward to American Horror Story. I DVR'd the episode but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Heard it's pretty good though.
    Can you please explain WHAT exactly American Horror Story is about? We see the commercials all the time, but I don't have the mental toughness to actually tune in, since I'm afraid I won't sleep for months afterwards. The commercials don't really explain much...

1 members found this post helpful.

Did the new American Horror Story season start? I must have missed it.
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I think it's starting soon. I keep seeing ads for it. Something about a coven of young witches in New Orleans.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    Can you please explain WHAT exactly American Horror Story is about? We see the commercials all the time, but I don't have the mental toughness to actually tune in, since I'm afraid I won't sleep for months afterwards. The commercials don't really explain much...
    There was a marathon just on, I can't say I didn't like it, but I did find it quite weird and confusing in the beginning. That being said I did stay up till 2 in the morning watching it....

Season 3 just started I believe. I think its on Wednesday?

American horror story has 1 episode out.

Superminion, the first season was about a haunted house, the second season was a sanatatium. This season is witches. They tell a creepy / gory / sexy / perverse story over the course of the seasons using mostly the same recycled actors. If you are easily creeper out this is probably not the show for you as it does involve a lot of disturbing subject matter.

As for fall shows... Good wife, elementary, walking dead returns tonight, person of interest, the white queen ends tonight but was fantastic, crim minds. Looking forward to watching sleepy hollow and Dracula, haven't had a chance to yet.

Of the new shows, I really The Blacklist. For the returning shows, The Walking Dead, Elementary, Parenthood, Person of Interest, and Grey's Anatomy, although if GA has more shows like the stinker of last week, it will be dumped from my DVR. I tried Sleep Hollow, but no, not so much for it.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Quote Originally Posted by analise View Post
    I like Sleepy Hollow as long as I keep the "suspend disbelief" filter on high.

I think Once Upon a Time in Wonderland will be interesting, if only to compare it against Once Upon a Time.

Agents of Shield is finally getting good after the third episode.

Watched the premier of the Tomorrow People and was impressed (watched it on a whim on hulu.com)

Quite fond of Elementary.

I am also an inveterate Dancing with the Stars fan.

Also watching Bones, but I think that's mostly because I've watched the entire series and I just can't let it go.
    Another vote for Sleepy Hollow! I just started watching it on demand last night...

The Blacklist is incredible, but I also have a major soft spot for James Spader! And so far, AHS: Coven is beating the first two seasons hands down.
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Manahmanah View Post
    American horror story has 1 episode out.

Superminion, the first season was about a haunted house, the second season was a sanatatium. This season is witches. They tell a creepy / gory / sexy / perverse story over the course of the seasons using mostly the same recycled actors. If you are easily creeper out this is probably not the show for you as it does involve a lot of disturbing subject matter.

As for fall shows... Good wife, elementary, walking dead returns tonight, person of interest, the white queen ends tonight but was fantastic, crim minds. Looking forward to watching sleepy hollow and Dracula, haven't had a chance to yet.
    Thank you! I think I will just keep flipping past it then. Everybody keeps talking about it, but I'm a weenie.

Quote Originally Posted by Manahmanah View Post
    Looking forward to watching . . . Dracula, haven't had a chance to yet.
    Wait - Dracula is a series? What channel? Is it based on the Stoker book? The play? *rubs geeky little hands in glee anticipating answers*

Yup. It's NBC but the show is pretty much a British thing since it's made in the UK. Stars that douchebag with the creepy eyes, Mr. Jonathan Rhys Meyers. It's a re-interpretation of Dracula in the Victorian period, set in London.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Yup. It's NBC but the show is pretty much a British thing since it's made in the UK. Stars that douchebag with the creepy eyes, Mr. Jonathan Rhys Meyers. It's a re-interpretation of Dracula in the Victorian period, set in London.
    Yay! This makes me very happy. I have Huluplus now, so I don't have to record shows. I can just go back and watch them after y'all tell me they're good.

Just one slight problem. Certain hot shows are now locked down on Hulu unless you are a member of a cable provider's affiliated streaming service. You may find yourself locked out of watching an episode on Hulu until it clears that window where the affiliated services have exclusive viewing of it. Of course, you might likely be able to watch it on the Dracula site on NBC's homepage.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Chicago Fire! It's on it's 2nd season, which is even better than last year's [great] season! I love it.

1 members found this post helpful.

I have a very eclectic list of favorites!

Sunday ~ Mentalist...so glad they are finally closing the Red John chapter; it's time to move on, but its killing me that Van Pelt and Rigsby are leaving!

Monday ~ Castle...started watching the reruns on TNT (work from home and always have the TV on in the background) and am hooked. Loved Nathan Fillion in Firefly and so glad his career has taken off with Castle. I'm ready for Beckett to come back to the NYPD, though.

Tuesday ~ NCIS and Cold Justice...regarding NCIS, ready to move on from all the moaning about Ziva leaving. It's time for a new direction and perhaps a female lead with less baggage. Love Abby!

Wednesday (my favorite night!) ~ my favorite two shows, Criminal Minds and Nashville. I love the juxtaposition of gritty realism and subduing subject matter in CM and glamour and soapiness of Nashville! I HATE the Emily is no longer on the CM team, but I hear she's coming back for the 200th episode this season! And Nashville just lets me savor all the sappiness and drama without guilt. Love star-crossed lovers Rayna and Deacon.

Rest of week is kind of up in the air...haven't found what I like best on Thursdays. Hate that CSI and SVU conflict with other shows (no DVR in our ancient technology)...miss the days CSI was on Thursday.

Did enjoy Devious Maids after watching a marathon one very slow weekend!
    Kelly Soldavin Harvest Moon Farm
    www.harvestmoonfarmpa.com