The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fall TV -- What's Good?

Has anyone seen anything new that they'd recommend? Blacklist isn't bad from my perspective. Giving it a chance anyway.
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

Criminal Minds always has my vote, though now that they did away with the Emily Prentiss character...not as fond as I was. Blake doesn't cut it. Perhaps Prentiss will return as the section chief? They did say they'd be thinking outside the box...hopefully it won't be Garcia's on-again, off-again computer guru boyfriend!

1 members found this post helpful.

well we watched the big bang theory and after there was this awful sitcom with james caan. it was so bad we turned it off and missed modern family, which we like a lot.

I like Blacklist. Once Upon a Time in Wonderland has possibilities, but they have to ditch that Red Queen.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I enjoyed "The Bridge" which was sort of a late summer series on FX. I enjoyed the lead actors and was surprised to learn that Diane Kruger was German. It will come back next year. I imagine it's available online ow.

Being retired, I finally get to watch TV and I take full advantage of it.

Monday is the Voice (I really only like the blind audition part)and Castle.
    Tuesday is NCIS
    Wed is Survivor and Criminal Minds
    Thur is the Big Bang Theory, 2 and a Half men,and Scandal
    Fri is Shark Tank
    Sat is catch up on what I've recorded and didn't have time to watch.
    Sunday is The Good Wife, the Mentalist and Revenge.

Thank heavens for DVR's so I can tape everything and fast forward thru the commercials. I've been known to watch Monday night TV on Tues, etc and then I don't have to listen to the commercials.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Really new shows? Sleepy Hollow, The Americans, Person of Interest

New or not new?

Person of interest has excellent interaction between the characters, witty moments, suspense, and plenty of explosions.

Elementary has excellent acting from Lucy Lu and Johnny Lee Miller.

Arrow has a totally hot shirtless guy running around shooting comic book characters, acting decent, story decent, plus he's hot.

Shield is another comic book based show by the Whedons.

I like Michael J. Fox's new show.

Tried to like Sleepy Hollow. Couldn't do it. The first episode one could almost forgive the complete lack of any idea about history - witches burned in this country in 1792 (when everyone knows the only witches executed here were hanged and one pressed to death a century earlier) - and complete lack of sense (Genl Washington surveyed his battlefields? WTF?) - because the leading man is cute and so is the headless horseman's horse. So cute, in fact, I guess they had to give him glowing orange eyes so people wouldn't say "Aw" every time they saw him - the horse, I mean. And there were some fun sight gags with the horse and rider crossing sign in the first episode. But no. I cannot overlook all the rest of the things wrong with this turkey long enough to watch it.

It isn't really new, but I LOVE Scott and Bailey. A British crime drama, with the leads all played by women! The boss is called Godzilla behind her back. Right now, they are in the middle of about a 6 or 7 part continuing case. In fact, it starts in about an hour.
    Other than that, I watch cooking channel when I can stand it. And a lot of horse racing. Network tv is just awful.
    Another killer of threads

I tried to watch the first episode of Sleepy Hollow and it wasn't horrible, but I think that they are going way too far with the whole 'demon shock and awe' factor now that things are progressing. I'm a TOTAL wouss when it comes to scary stuff, and they just went over the top for a TV show. DH was saying that the ratings have WAY dropped off after the first two or three episodes.

Agree with pAin't too... the history stuff... just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

The Walking Dead is my most desired return. 3rd Season of American Horror Story is also much anticipated. Criminal minds is a no brainer. (you're starting to see a theme here, aren't ya?)

Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D might be promising, if they have a good cast. The Originals might be good, but it all depends on what they do to Anne Rice's work.
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DottieHQ View Post
    You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

walking dead!

I like The Blacklist. Tried Sleepy Hollow and couldn't get into it.

Still like NCIS,CSE and Law & Order: SVU but might drop that now that Belzer is leaving and if Ice T or the bald guy go, so do I as I watch those shows because they have 'old' people in them and that gives it a bit more reality. I round it out with whatever British crime dramas I can find. Particularly like Scott & Bailey as it has two familiar actresses in it. I noticed a change in the fall lineups on TVO and Knowledge Network - Dalziel and Pascoe has been replaced by Touch of Frost and Midsomer Murders by Inspector Lynley.

Waiting for Grimm to return and for the start of Noah Wylie's new series
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Trophy Wife!
    ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****

I haven't seen anything I liked in the new shows this season.

The old standbys are going to be it for me, I guess. The Good Wife, Elementary, NCIS, and PBS.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

Nashville!

Noah Wylie has a new series??? Yummy!! I haven't heard about that one before. Anyone know the premise of it?

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Traum View Post
    Noah Wylie has a new series??? Yummy!! I haven't heard about that one before. Anyone know the premise of it?
    He's contractually locked down with Fallen Skies and won't be doing any other shows until that ends. There is a Civil War mini-series due to be released in the future that he had a leading role in - as far as one can have a leading role in an ensemble mini-series - where he plays George Pickett, a Virginia-born Confederate officer who fought here in Northern VA and led the infamous charge at Gettysburg.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Its not new but love Big Bang Theory!!!

Have not found a good new show yet. I thought the Crazy Ones with Robin Williams was going to be good but not so sure now.