The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    The cyber stalker has friended Odie...and he said yes! Le sigh... when I need cheering up, I'll simply FB with the most adorable donk on earth.
    you are close enough to bring him Karotten!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Alagirl...if ever I find myself on Whidbey Island, I'll be sure to bring copious amounts of treats, carrots and toys to his Adorableness. He's a fair trek north for me, actually (about 5 hours), but it might be worth road tripping for an Odie Fest with all his fans! Ooh..Jenners needs to host an OdieCon! Party!!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

1 members found this post helpful.

Now I have a reason to return to Whidby Island - to visit the evilburito in person!

Oh! Odie is in a relationship - she's such a looker too! Lol.

HazelG I thought it was? Have you tried? I think with FB, you have to sign up to even view public pages... ??? Anyone more FB-literate than I care to chime in?

To make it HR .

Odie was doing well today. Seemed a little sore, maybe the cold? But he was still walking and chasing me.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    Oh! Odie is in a relationship - she's such a looker too! Lol.
    That's his bestie, Rory, my ISH. They have a "special" relationship. Abusive but then they obviously love each other very jealously.

Friended. I have a list of long eared friends... Odie, Willy, Fenway and of course the Donkey Sanctuary of Canada!!

Happy Dance. Odie accepted my friend request. Now I get to squeee over his cuteness.

I, too, just sent a friend request. there's a "Reed" in my name IRL.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Oh, Oh! - I asked too! Waiting with bated breath to hear if we've been accepted (hope Odie knows I have a herd of donks who have all been jingling for his recovery!)
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    "If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom."
    Byron

You have a HERD?? In WA? Nearby, can I come see? I showed DH Odie's breeder's site, where the wee donkettes are sold for thousands, and tried to convince him that I needed some jennys (no jack, Odie shall be the john of my heart forever and I don't want nothin disrupting that!).

DH said no. He knows me so well. He said that I wouldn't let the donkettes go. I said I would, no problem, because I would have other burritos .

Basically I was picturing Rory in a field surrounded by tiny herd of mini donkeys. He would be SO HAPPY!

2 members found this post helpful.

I have sent Odie a friend request too. I hope he friends me.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

Love Odie! Been lurking here following him, and would love if he accepted my friend request as well . Makes me think I need my BO's mini and mini mule baby to have their own page too .

Jenners could you please keep posting some updates here and some pictures and videos? I cant see anything on his facebook page and I need an Odie fix!! Thankyou for humoring the technology-challenged!

3 members found this post helpful.

Absolutely!

Odie is still doing well. I'm going to call tomorrow to schedule his appointment, hopefully everything will go quickly once his cast is removed and splint applied. I hope once he is doing ok on "paddock rest" to move him home. My thought at the moment is to put him in Nika's paddock during the day, which has the longest shared fenceline with the pasture for him to interact with Rory, and at night either stay in with Nika, or put him out in the pasture while Rory and Nika are locked in their individual paddocks. That way I can prevent rough housing while Odie's tendons/ligaments strengthen and he gets some bone mass back.

Recent pictures and video:

After I moved him into Twitch's stall, I left the top half of the dutch doors open and Odie kept playing like he hated Twitch and would go no where near her. I loaded stuff into the truck and came back to find this .

http://youtu.be/8LczhlQ9qrs

We stopped to bring him hay Saturday on the way (actually not on the way at all ) to a birthday party, so I got to love on him a little. We got one good shot and then he turned all grumpy. I think because DH shut the top of the door after someone (cough Twitch dough) pulled off a chunk of wood.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thank you so much Jenners! The grumpy-face one is my favorite, made me laugh out loud

No update today. I didn't go to the barn :-(. More BO drama, even though Odie is in a stall that is normally occupied by one of DH's horses, they won't reduce what I'm paying. Also, starting Jan 1, they are going to charge more for Odie alone than what we pay for each of DH's horses...while occupying a spot we're already paying for.

So anyways, pretty uncomfortable. I've managed to find a place for Odie, now we're going through our limited options to move DH.

Really??? For crying out loud.... seems like there is something else going on here. Maybe it's a good time to get Odie and DH's horses out of there.

3 members found this post helpful.

Yeah. My guesses are, BO is still mad I moved my horse in Feb to be with my trainer, they are tired of mucking Odie's stall because it has bedding and are charging more to make me leave (tactic suggested here on COTH, sure sucks when it might be you), or think we have no other options and are milking it for all it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Yeah. My guesses are, BO is still mad I moved my horse in Feb to be with my trainer, they are tired of mucking Odie's stall because it has bedding and are charging more to make me leave (tactic suggested here on COTH, sure sucks when it might be you), or think we have no other options and are milking it for all it's worth.
    I was willing to give BO the benefit of some doubt previously (rather a struggle) but this indicates some derangement
    Exactly how much stall carnage can one tiny donk manage

Also, starting Jan 1, they are going to charge more for Odie alone than what we pay for each of DH's horses...while occupying a spot we're already paying for.
    Well I was typing based on my area BUT unfortunately these apply in Washington

Jingles!