The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroughbred1201 View Post
    Love the video!!! 'Put down the *#$@%#)# phone and PET ME!'

I do have a feeling that if you put him in a sling for trimming, you may need to muzzle him as well during the trim. You'll likely have one really mad burrito when it's all over.
    No, no, I hope not so.

Any critter we had to hoist, they were non-plussed and kind of wondering.
    Didn't seem to mind, if not enjoyed the experience.
    I tell you, cows can get mad and you know it, as I expect Odie could do.

Hmmm, nah, he's more of a sulky type, very cat like. Like when I initially got him the Uncle Jimmy ball, he refused to look at it and tried to pretend it didn't exist, but kept an ear pointed at it.

Actually, doing the calendar math, looks like he gets his new cast next week (or gets this taken off, or something), so I might try to schedule both the vet and the farrier and be able to bypass the sling.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

1 members found this post helpful.

I guess that would be better for Odie, but depriving all of us of a burrito in a sling? Ok, if it's what's best for Odie, but we're going to need more videos to make up for it!!!

2 members found this post helpful.

Well, and there really is NO guarantee that he'll get a new cast. Vet's thoughts were this cast for "at least" four weeks (assuming no complications from cast requiring an earlier change), then re-xray, and possibly another cast for another two weeks. And we hate to take off a cast that is working, because the next one might not. So far I've been rolling in good-cast-Karma.

I think we're going to get a stall guard and rope just in case he doesn't get knocked down all the way. I've texted my farrier to see if he's available at all next week and called the clinic to see what days the vet is available. Push comes to shove DH can call his farrier try to squeeze us in if he's available, he lives right down the road. Or DH can always do it, but I want that other hind foot done professionally because the WL is pretty pronounced (wet noodle, bad mommy, etc).

DH did say that we can haul him up ourselves...but I think he forgot that he is having wrist surgery this week .

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Well, I had hoped to have a good update following today's appointment, but the appointment was canceled. My vet, who rocks BTW, saw us on his schedule and they called to reschedule. He doesn't want to change anything, new cast or no cast, because he's going out of town and wants to be here in case anything happens.

What a great vet

So the appointment is next week. I'm still not sure how it's going to go, Odie still doesn't "walk" on it, but uses it at cough higher speeds cough little brat. Vet was very adamant that I keep the bottom wrapped in duct tape, etc etc, make sure I checked the bottom and reapply, etc etc...and it's still as nice as the day he applied it. Four weeks ago. I'm super tired and just going to run out to both barns and stroke noses, but I'll make sure to give Odie extra snuggles in thanks-giving. He's so wonderful *dreamy sigh*.

Some pictures for those dying to see and not on my FB. He followed me into the tack room and had a very superior, site manager checking the progress sort of look on his face .

So, this is the tack room?

Hmm. Looks nice.

He did a good job...

Happy Thanksgiving to the Cute Burrito (what a cute face) and those that he manages!
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Well, I had hoped to have a good update following today's appointment, but the appointment was canceled. My vet, who rocks BTW, saw us on his schedule and they called to reschedule. He doesn't want to change anything, new cast or no cast, because he's going out of town and wants to be here in case anything happens.

What a great vet

So the appointment is next week. I'm still not sure how it's going to go, Odie still doesn't "walk" on it, but uses it at cough higher speeds cough little brat. Vet was very adamant that I keep the bottom wrapped in duct tape, etc etc, make sure I checked the bottom and reapply, etc etc...and it's still as nice as the day he applied it. Four weeks ago. I'm super tired and just going to run out to both barns and stroke noses, but I'll make sure to give Odie extra snuggles in thanks-giving. He's so wonderful *dreamy sigh*.

Some pictures for those dying to see and not on my FB. He followed me into the tack room and had a very superior, site manager checking the progress sort of look on his face .

So, this is the tack room?

Hmm. Looks nice.

He did a good job...
    I think you should post a warning when you put those pictures up.

I know I can't have one more animal that will outlive me.
    I don't need an Odie, I don't need an Odie, I ...

Yeah. DH's face was when I said I fully expected the Odes to live into his 30s or even 40s (pre-fracture). And of course the world's oldest horse just died this year at the age of 55, and was the same breed Rory is. I'm going to have two geriatric equines wrestling into their golden years...

So cute. And yep Mike hates to reminded that Mini Mo could easily live another 20 years (she's ~12 now). But he was thrilled that she *almost* took a treat from him the other day.

Too cute. We traded our seriously ill Expedition today for Chrysler minivan. We've already flattened the third row and half the second row for the pups,but
    an evil burrito would fit back there easily. Hey, honey, look what I found on the
    side of the road??????

Hahaha yes love it!

Especially if you buy it in "foal" size. Sneak it in amoung the dogs. He'll never notice.
    The truth is always in the middle.

Love the little Odie! Continuing to send jingles your way for a great recovery!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

Gosh, he's cute!

Fingers still crossed for a good outcome.

As much as I love my horses, once I got my mini donkey (Jeffrey) he completely stole my heart. He is always cheerful and fun, and has appointed himself "President of Entertainment Department." I think everyone should have one! When I am too old and/or crippled to ride, I shall have a whole herd of Evil Burritos!

5 members found this post helpful.

Aren't they the best?? Odie is such a show stealer. I tried once to get a "selfie" pic of both boys and myself...this is how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Aren't they the best?? Odie is such a show stealer. I tried once to get a "selfie" pic of both boys and myself...this is how it turned out.

Seems that you can't get away long enough to aim and take the picture without a nose in it.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Ummm, we have a mini donk that is 57 years old! If you do facebook look up Willy of Broomfield
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

OMG serious? You've had him that long or have his papers or something?

Willy is adorable. I just love the mini-donks and donks... you are so lucky..