The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage mare in Giveways

I hope I don't get in trouble for cross posting but things are a bit desperate.

If you are looking for a new mount or know someone who is please check out my dressage mare in the giveway forums.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post

If you are looking for a new mount or know someone who is please check out my dressage mare in the giveway forums.
    I am on the other coast so no use to you from that perspective, but I just wanted to say your mares are beautiful, and whoever gets them will be a very lucky person indeed.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

I'm very sorry for your troubles.

Have you spoken with your trainer, local trainers, not so local trainers,local vets, farriers etc, posted them on dressage classified, your local feed/tack shops, community boards etc, etc - there may at least be someone that is able to pasture board them while you sort out homes.

Alto,

I have done as much of that as possible and am continuing to do more while dealing with the rest of he madness going on right now. Every time someone suggests some place to post or someone to contact I am doing it.

It's breaking my heart. I delivered both of them. In addition to loving them like family members, it is unlikely that I will ever be able to afford such a nice dressage mount again. She really is outstanding, only limited by me.

alto, I googled "dressage classified" and I'm not sure what site you are reffering to. Can you let me know?

Is she boarded?

I have sent your link out to my friends in your area in case they know of anyone looking.
    Proud scar wearing member of the Bold, Banned and Bitchen clique

Assuming you are already advertising on BAEN.

Consider signing over to a sale barn. Contact all the local trainers, esp those who own property. I would try Katie Hoefs Martin - she now owns a farm and she has a morgan stallion in training.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by angel View Post
    Is she boarded?
    Yes, at Portola Pastures.

Thank you, I will contact everyone. Yes she is on BAEN.

alto, I googled "dressage classified" and I'm not sure what site you are reffering to. Can you let me know?
    Sorry I just meant the various dressage focused sale sites such as
    Dressage Star, Dressage Daily etc.

Lobby the Chronicle & Horse Junkies United & see if they will run a feature so you can get these horses more exposure.

Reach out to the Stallion owner, Dam line breeder, Morgan breeders - anyone that will give these mares publicity.

pm sent

Check out the Morgan Dressage website, there is an adult amateur in Oregon looking for a horse like yours - wants a gelding but you never know?

http://www.morgandressage.org/advert...p/classifieds/

I just PM'd you.

Have you put flyers up at Robert's Market in Woodside? I have bought and sold horses off of that bulletin board - lots of horse flyers, and well, the vast majority of Woodside (very horsey!) sees that board.

Also, contact Woodside, Portola Valley, Moon Valley (half moon bay) pony clubs.

Sorry you are in this position. Its heart wrenching When things went down the tubes in 2008 - I found myself looking for a new home for my heart mare. I was able to keep her at a friends ranch on the coast ($250 a month pasture board - PM if are interested) to get me through the hard times.