The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

I am not positive, but I think I heard about this guy when he was in North Carolina. He left shortly after I first heard about him. "Big Reiner" with a beautiful place. But he was "rumored" to have killed 4 horses in 4 different situations using his training "techniques".

I heard about him after an acquaintence said her 4 year old warmblood attacked him. Supposedly broke his arm and he went to "finals" with a broken arm.

What was he doing around a WB?

Supposedly he was just going to start it western style and then his owner planned to do dressage later after the horse was going well maybe. But she knew it would be started western.

Quote Originally Posted by BaroquePony View Post
    Here is the link to Bethany Wallace's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/bethany.wal...=browse_search

Quoted from the FB page:

" Much worse, I confronted him one day after he had a particularly brutal ride on a 3 or 4 year old, Two Faced Gunner, and got off him, clearly angry, and tied him really hard around to the side. He then proceeded, while this horse's mouth and sides were bleeding, to punch him in the face repeatedly while the horse was still tied around. He walked away, and then came back and did it again - punched him multiple times! Then, he sicked his dog on this poor horse and cued her with a repeated low whistle to bite this horses hind legs while it tried desperately to get away, still tied around. He and I argued over this for 30 minutes, and I finally called George and informed him of what was going on. There were many witnesses of this incident, including other trainers and children at the ranch. Not surprisingly, shortly after this that other trianer's group with the kids left RVR. ."

This makes me sick to my stomach. Two Faced Gunner was a horse I was interested but the shipping to GA put him over my budget. Poor, Poor horse. I hope he is in a good home now.

Looks like his website has been taken down. Quelle surprise.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    Looks like his website has been taken down. Quelle surprise.
    Watch for him to resurface in another area of the country....

2 members found this post helpful.

His youtube videos are getting some attention:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45wxtbYAKE0

That was a few months ago, did the horse sell?
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

He then proceeded, while this horse's mouth and sides were bleeding, to punch him in the face repeatedly while the horse was still tied around
    How do you punch a horse in the face multiple times and not break things in your hand? Not much flesh in the face of a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    How do you punch a horse in the face multiple times and not break things in your hand? Not much flesh in the face of a horse.
    I think it's pretty easy when you are a sociopath, which this man clearly is. The stories of his attacks on horses is similar to the way a man will beat down on his wife in a domestic. Anyone who is this violent and easily set off and abuses animals has a clear mental disorder. He is probably in a violent rage and doesn't feel a thing. Much a serial killer can become brutally strong and not remember things in the heat of their moment.

6 members found this post helpful.

^^ not that I have experience with such things, but cheeks have muscle, and muzzles are fleshy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jealoushe View Post
    I think it's pretty easy when you are a sociopath, which this man clearly is. The stories of his attacks on horses is similar to the way a man will beat down on his wife in a domestic. Anyone who is this violent and easily set off and abuses animals has a clear mental disorder. He is probably in a violent rage and doesn't feel a thing. Much a serial killer can become brutally strong and not remember things in the heat of their moment.
    Brutally strong or not, it still seems like a bunch of bones in your hand would break.

Not giving it as an excuse. Clearly this man has issues. Just do not get how he does all this face punching without ending up with broken bones.

Part of me wonders if people are now adding details to their experiences that are not necessarily needed to make the point (that he is an idiot who abuses horses) but are adding drama that might not be believable.

I will say I did that once, to protect myself from being ran slap over. My first reaction was punch in the face. Only thing that saved me from being trampled because it was so quick I had no time to even consider anything else being in tight quarters. It was scary. Anyways, never done it since and never except to in my life but life and death that was my reaction. That said I did not break anything in my hand. But it was only once not multiple times because when it happened horse turned quickly. I also have small hands so I think some man that has done it many times before has figured out how to do it and not harm himself.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    His youtube videos are getting some attention:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45wxtbYAKE0

That was a few months ago, did the horse sell?
    Yes, he did sell. When I was briefly considering him he was 9500.
    He was later dropped to 6500.00. I wonder if it was because he was screwed up. So sad

1 members found this post helpful.

Does anyone know this trainer's approximate age? Were they ever in western Washington? The names are jingling bells in my brain with people I met many, MANY moons ago but I can't be sure.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Default From Rate My Horse Pro - update 10/3

-Amor vincit omnia-

Spotnnotfarm, thanks! Good to hear he's with a different owner.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Default Update from Rate My Horse Pro 10/21/13

Past clients coming forward, etc.

http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/m...s-beneath.aspx
    -Amor vincit omnia-

This guy is actually hiding out in my hometown. I shit you not. My trainer and I were trail riding last week, talking about the whole situation, when she mentioned another client had seen his trailer (has his name on the side) in the area a couple days before.

Low and behold, about five minutes later, we go strolling past a corner property that has a small barn and a couple decent sized pastures, and we see his trailer parked in the back. Also two new horses on the property, in the turnouts, which were previously empty.

He's being watched like a hawk, but nobody has seen him yet. There are horse people a stone's throw in each direction, too.

Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post
    This guy is actually hiding out in my hometown. I shit you not. My trainer and I were trail riding last week, talking about the whole situation, when she mentioned another client had seen his trailer (has his name on the side) in the area a couple days before.

Low and behold, about five minutes later, we go strolling past a corner property that has a small barn and a couple decent sized pastures, and we see his trailer parked in the back. Also two new horses on the property, in the turnouts, which were previously empty.

He's being watched like a hawk, but nobody has seen him yet. There are horse people a stone's throw in each direction, too.
    I am sorry, I think he should be run off the horse industry permanently.

He is not going to change, he is who he is and needs to be kept from training horses, period.
    Heavy handed, rough trainers just don't have any place around horses.

Convicted before proven guilty in a court of law?
    Well, the evidence is clearly damming, what else does anyone need to step in and stop him permanently?

When someone shows us who they are, lets believe them.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post

Maybe run a craigslist ad outing him for those who aren't "in the know"?