The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ordering from Calevo.com

Looking for folks who have ordered from them before. How long did it take for you to receive your item? Last shipping update I got was on August 29 when it apparently left Germany. Starting to worry a bit since it's been 3 weeks. One of the tracking sites I checked said something about it not being a valid tracking number as info hasn't been updated for over 10 days.

I've shipped stuff back and forth to Germany before (although not with DHL) and it didn't take this long.

Thanks!

Dhl sucks. My tracking number never worked either. It's not calevo, it's DHL.
    My stuff took about 7 weeks from order date to doorstep.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

1 members found this post helpful.

Use your DHL # at USPS.com. It can take up to 20 days. It often sits in customs, and they are not necessarily thrifty ... Calevo is great. Super to work with, have ordered plenty from them including custom boots and a custom bridle.
    Carli
    dressage. n, the passionate pursuit of perfection by the obsessively imperfect.

Apparently posting this thread was what I needed I got my breastplate today, and its gorgeous - well worth the price and the wait.

I was never questioning Calevo. They were great to work with when I had questions. More just curious if DHL was swimming the package over

1 members found this post helpful.

DHL in Germany is not the same DHL we know here. The DHL they use actually hands off the package to USPS when it enters the country. If you try the number on your order at USPS.com you will see a far more detailed review of your item's trip once it entered the US.
    Carli
    dressage. n, the passionate pursuit of perfection by the obsessively imperfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Carli View Post
    DHL in Germany is not the same DHL we know here. The DHL they use actually hands off the package to USPS when it enters the country. If you try the number on your order at USPS.com you will see a far more detailed review of your item's trip once it entered the US.
    Not always. I get stuff a few times a year from DHL. They have a presence in KY and that's where my stuff comes from. When you call you get an almost "mom and pop" business response (like maybe the delivery guy is an independant contractor, or at least a very independant employee ). Service has always been good; I get stuff from the UAE in under four days on average.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

The tracking number they provided me was not found in our DHL system, nor our USPS tracking. I had to go to the German DHL site to even get tracking info, and it stopped updating once they shipped it out of Germany.

I've had DHL from other countries before and it was much faster than this was. Still no complaints now that I know what the normal delivery time is, and I would order from them again.

I order from Calevo a few times a year and have learned if the item is in their possession, you will receive in a few weeks. If they have to order, it can take a month or more. Unfortunately they don't tell you if it's out of stock. If you email them, they do have good English skills and will tell you what's going on.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

I agree with it being mostly DHL. I have ordered from Calevo a few times, and while it does take a while for them to "package" the order, and they sometimes don't let you know if things are out of stock. However, DHL here in Canada SUCKS. I have had other packages delivered with DHL and they are AWFUL. If you happen to not be home in the middle of the day on a weekday, trying to get a hold of them to get your package (especially if it needs brokerage paid) is about as easy as finding a unicorn.