The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have to endorse the Husqvarna 223R!

It's super ergonomic, I can weed whack for hours (and I have!), and my arms aren't tired! It's super easy to hold, and even attacking plant life at shoulder height, moving the strimmer up high! It is a beast, so long heavy pants, sleeves, and eye protection recommend--it's not for the faint of heart! I've had ZERO issue with string, though I like the string that has a wire built in, very strong, and cuts through even small branches like butter!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I've been considering buying an old/used pair of full chaps for weedwacking. Jeans just don't cut it when it kicks up rocks and flings them at my shins. I get sick of weedwacking while hopping around like and swearing. I must look like the Lord Of The Dance guy with Tourettes.
    Hahahaha, perfect visual. Love it!

On another note, when you said "There has to be enough females out there who use power tools to justify having ones made for smaller hands...even if only by special order or something." I totally agree! I am toying with the idea of creating a 'friendlier' line of tools and lawn tools........smaller handles, easier to start, easier to change that flipping line with,.....etc. I could certainly use it!