The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default "Donkey in the House" video needs your votes (again)!

Hey Everyone,

I am happy to report that thanks to many people, including plenty of great folks from this very forum, my little video, "Rogie's Guided Tour", is now ranked #3 nationally in the Coldwell Banker contest we entered, the idea of which was to "Showcase your home from the point of view of your pet or child."

This is a big THANK YOU to all who voted for us when I first posted about it. However, we want to make sure we stay in the top ten so that we can make it to the judged part of the competition, where I think we could have a decent shot at winning -- that would be SO amazing and such a huge help to us right now.

SO, if those of you who voted would be kind enough to do so again (you can vote once every 24 hours), and those of you who might not have seen it would be willing to take a looksee and discover what all the fuss is about, that would be fantastic and VERY appreciated.

Remember, you have to click the "vote now" button below the video (liking it on Facebook doesn't count as a vote, unfortunately, or we would be number one, as we have more "Likes" than anybody!) for your vote to count.

You can also post comments below the vote button if you scroll down.

Here is the link to the video -- vote button is below video. Please tell your friends, and huge thanks again for your help!

https://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/web...tries/68817252

Adorable!! I voted... then DD made me replay it 4 more times.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Hi Superminion,

Thank you for your kind comment and vote. Now, who is DD? A girlfriend for Rogie, perhaps? He would like to be sure that DD knows that he is very handsome, exceptionally smart, and the ruler of the universe, yet manages to stay so humble and down-to-earth that it is truly amazing. I marvel every day that I have been deemed worthy enough to be his maid!

: )

Thanks again,

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    Adorable!! I voted... then DD made me replay it 4 more times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lido View Post
    Hi Superminion,

Thank you for your kind comment and vote. Now, who is DD? A girlfriend for Rogie, perhaps? He would like to be sure that DD knows that he is very handsome, exceptionally smart, and the ruler of the universe, yet manages to stay so humble and down-to-earth that it is truly amazing. I marvel every day that I have been deemed worthy enough to be his maid!

: )

Thanks again,

Susan
    DD is "forum speak" for dear daughter, she is 18 months old and enthralled with Rogie and his house tour! There was a donkey at the farm I used to keep my mare and she fell in love with the long ears.

Good luck with the contest, and you'll have to give Rogie a pat from his littlest fan here in Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Pardon my ignorance of the forum speak !

Oh my goodness, I love that age...your little girl must be so cute!

Rogie loves children and actually gives them hugs by wrapping his neck around them when they hug him. I wish I could figure out if/how we can post photos here because I have a really cute one of Rogie hugging my husband's nephew who was visiting from Ireland. He was also enthralled with Rogie, but it seemed totally mutual. I always joke about Rogie being self-centered and bratty (he is both), but he is also extremely affectionate, which really does come out around kids, in particular.

Glad we have a wee fan in your little girl...please tell her that Rogie wants to send her a special "hello". If you think she would like it, maybe I could make a little video just for her with Rogie talking to her. Let me know if you think she would like it!

Very best,

Susan

I was able to vote yesterday but when I tried to vote again today it came back 'already voted'.

It did that when you first posted and I went back day 2 to vote. But it was a few days inbetween first vote and yesterday and it allowed me to vote.

Anyway, I tried and will try again tomorrow. Just have to keep this no further back than pg 2. Page 1 is preferable.

Hope you win.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Default You have to wait a full 24 hours to vote again

Quote Originally Posted by msj View Post
    I was able to vote yesterday but when I tried to vote again today it came back 'already voted'.

It did that when you first posted and I went back day 2 to vote. But it was a few days inbetween first vote and yesterday and it allowed me to vote.

Anyway, I tried and will try again tomorrow. Just have to keep this no further back than pg 2. Page 1 is preferable.

Hope you win.
    Thanks so much -- you are very sweet! I think the voting thingy has a strict 24 hour clock on it, so you have to wait that long to be able to vote again. We're still holding on at #3, so as long as we can stay in the top ten until the 22nd, we'll at least make it to the judging. The two that are ahead of me are both cute, but I'm hoping the "originality" factor of having a donkey in the house might give me a chance!

I so appreciate your help, and everyone else who has voted and/or is voting repeatedly. I wish they would just make these things so that each person could only vote once, but I suppose they have their own logic behind such things.

Very best,

Susan K (aka Lido, aka "Rogie's Maid")

OK, I'll try to remember to vote just before I hit the sack tonight. That should be at least 24 hrs after yesterdays vote.

I will admit I did watch a couple of other videos and, while I don't much care for small dogs, there was a cute one with a small dog. Of course I couldn't vote for it as Roque is just priceless.

Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

That's cute. And the place is beautiful, so of course it's a fitting spot for Rogie to show off, LOL. Keep bumping and I'll keep voting!
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible