The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Savannah Ga HELP 5 horses in trailer BROKE Down truck!!2am

I just got a emergency call from desperate friend if a friend that was looking for help. Her friend is broke down somewhere around Savannah and needs help getting horses to a safe place for the night. I I provide overnight stabling but Savannah is 3 hrs from me, call 386 937 3557. It's 2 am! I'm going back to bed I just tried calling the number and it says mailbox full donor sure if they can be reached
    Last edited by Windy Willow; Sep. 8, 2013 at 02:34 AM.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/windywillow100
    "Ain't no horse ever run faster than I could ride it"" (Wind Whistling through Willow)
    Owner of Josephine "The Lost and Found Kitty"

Gee, I'd prob be hooking up to go help right now. Sorry I am in Nashville. Prayers for those stranded on the highway.

I sure hope everything turned out well for this group!

When the person's voice mail has room for messages, you may want to tell her about US Rider...
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

1 members found this post helpful.

I just saw this, it's late Sunday afternoon, but for the future:

The Savannah Metro PD has a nice horse trailer and a mounted police squad. I'd call them first for help. They once got a call from my farrier who found a horse loose on US Hwy 80. They went and picked up the horse. Of course they did take one of their horses for my farrier to shoe right there by the road!

Then I'd look on the Cothers Helping Cothers thread here on Coth.

Please note: If you are ever in a rural area of GA or SC and need help for a horse trailer breakdown or the like, please call 911 and ask for the Sheriff. Most of the sheriffs around here (and I worked all over SE GA for years, so I know how nice they are) will help you find a place and someone to transport. In fact, some of the sheriffs have horses and horse trailers themselves. Most are friends with people who have trailers and barns for emergency help.

And the state patrolmen live locally and know everyone. I once saw a state patrolman changing a tire on a horse trailer in 95 degree heat on I-16. They aren't called God's Special People for nothing!

8 members found this post helpful.