The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hilarious "Donkey in the House" video!

Hi there,

I hope it is okay to post this! We have entered a video contest being run by our real estate agent's company for clients selling their homes. We were supposed to create a video showcasing our home "from a pet or child's point of view". Well, I went a little crazy and brought my mini donkey into the house (much against my husband's wishes...but, well, he was at work that day...).

The resulting video turned out better than I was hoping, and people are finding it pretty funny. The question I keep getting asked is "How did you get him to do all those things?" The answer: PEANUT BUTTER! I had a friend with a big spoon and a jar of peanut butter luring him to walk around the house, so that's how we got some of it -- but lots of the funniest stuff the donkey just did on his own, and I wrote the script around what he did.

The result is now entered in the contest, and we are hoping to get voted into the top ten, because the top ten get judged by the panel of judges. We are currently trying to build our dream home, and winning this contest would be a huge help!

So, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this, but if it's okay, here is the link to where you can see the video and vote for it. You can vote once daily, so if you like it, please vote, vote often, and tell all your friends! We would be so grateful. LINK:

https://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/web...tries/68817252

8 members found this post helpful.

Honestly, how did you think of that marvelous video?

Made my day, that was already a very good one.

I hope you win.
    I sent it to several friends that may vote also for you.

Hi Bluey,

Thanks for your kind words -- and I'm so glad I helped your good day keep on being one!

How did I think of it? Well, they wanted you to show your home from a pet's or child's point of view, and I figured everyone would be doing their kid, dog or cat. My guess was that no one was likely to do anything crazy like, say, bringing a donkey into the house, so that seemed the way to go.

I had some ideas for the "script", but a lot of it just grew out of things he ended up doing on his own when he came inside. He'd never been in the house before, so he was checking everything out. It was a blast watching him, I must say! He was very brave, overall, but he didn't like the tile floor in the kitchen, and when we coaxed him to walk on it, he got scared when he suddenly saw his reflection in the glass and/or stainless steel of the oven. So, he was NOT keen on the kitchen, but everywhere else he was really just calm and curious -- and wanting the peanut butter on a spoon that we were bribing him with!

Even if we don't win, I had so much fun doing it that it was worth it. Donkeys are amazing...so different from horses!

Thanks again for voting...do tell your friends, and you can vote once a day if you care to!

Very best,

Susan

1 members found this post helpful.

He's adorable. Love the video --- and the servants quarters look pretty nice!

Great video, I voted.

Absolutely precious-what a great idea! I voted and hope you win, but your place looks lovely and I can't see why you'd want to sell!

I think I'll post a suggestion on Off Topic for people to come over and watch your video and vote!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Hahahahaha that's great! My mother's house is on the market-- i'll have to show it to her.
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

That was ADORABLE! Voted.
    Visit the County Island, home of Whiskey the ranch horse: http://countyisland.wordpress.com
    Visit him on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/WhiskeyRanch-Horse

That was wonderful! I posted it to my FB and gunned for votes! You really did an excellent job- and I LOVE his servant's quarters!

great video. I love donkeys!!! voted!

LOVE!
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

That was brilliant! I shared it with my Facebook friends and my Realtor friends. I really hope you win, that was so inspired!

Well done!
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

Your donkey kind of sounds like Little Nicky.

I voted, hope you win!
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

Love the ending. Something that cute deserves a vote!

'plash
    Last edited by puddleplasher; Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: can't spell

It got my vote too and posted it on my Facebook page!! Good luck!!

Loved it! As a Realtor, I enjoyed the home tour. I wish you would send it to "hooked on houses" to include in their website. A lot of people would enjoy it...
    http://hookedonhouses.net/

I really enjoyed his perspectives on the servants. No hay in the dining room

Loved it! Shared on FB too. Hope you win!!!

I used to have a donkey just like Rogie! Great job! I just voted. Good luck!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

I just copied your original post and sent it to a Realtor friend. I figured since he used to have a farm with horses, he'd appreciate the entire video. Will try to remember to post when I hear back from him. I suggested he might want to suggest the idea to his company.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!