The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    Nobody in CO could figure out why I asked what to wear to a CSU game. I was born and raised an hour and a half from UVA. And the answer is no, you don't wear dresses to a CSU game! Although my sister, a UW grad, suggested brown and gold!
    LOL! Just wear green and gold ANYTHING. (Go RAMS!)
    Is chasing cattle considered playing with your food?.

War veteran

Here in Oklahoma, I've been asked at a job interview more than once; "Are you an OU (University of Oklahoma) or OSU (Oklahoma State University) fan?"

At times like these, I love them both...

I was born in the south, have been going to college football games with my dad forever but I went to a big ten school with a huge football program and the only big difference is really clothing when it comes to the games. Seriously I think whoever wrote this has never crossed the Mason Dixon for a game.

My only suggestion is that it is unfair to compare an SEC team to some Missouri valley team. I've been to most of the B1G stadiums, and I'vs found the atmosphere just as rowdy, electric and ramped up at Penn state stadium, The shoe (The OSU), Camp Randall (Wisconsin) has the number one college tradition in jump around, the y make the stadium shake. Michigan vs Notre dame rivalry is just as great as any southern school. Speaking of Notre Dame, according to many news articles the last time Vanderbilt sold out their season tickets was when ND fans bought all the available packages to see one game. Iowa and Iowa State games and tailgates are generally full. Just ask a Big Red fan about gameday, their stadium has the most consecutive sellouts in NCAA history. Just as in the south many of these programs become the second biggest city on game day.

The clothing list also needs an update. While it is popular to wear school spirit cocktail dresses, (I was just at the USC-UNC game) many girls are opting for cowboy boots, custom made shirt dresses (found on etsy) and or less expensive day dresses. I did not see a long skirt one ( maybe a Maxi dress). Also lets be honest I have friends that are still at SEC schools that are almost all but required to wear nice dresses to games, and they spend more a semester on dresses than they do for a year for books. I much prefer putting on thermowear, cute jeans, and a school sweatshirt to tailgate in the fall and I don't think whoever made or believes this list appreciates the fact that the temperature at games can be -10 degrees and or snowing in the late fall. Wearing a dress would just be insane and flimsy khakis would be inappropriate.

you can dress down. just be smart about it
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3321672...-9F6xtx-8Nxwww

Football is not dead in the North. ND football has sold out 80,000 seats for the last 250ish games. Plus, we have all the fun without the stuffiness--no one dresses up, until you count http://theshirt.nd.edu/

Here is the local high school football stadium that my tax dollars paid for. Whenever I drive by it I get a little irritated. It's just ridiculous. They have temporary buildings at every high school because they don't have enough schools for the population here. But we sure need an $84M stadium!

http://www.berrycenter.net/about/venues

By the way, I hate football even though I was born and raised in Texas. Probably the only thing I hate more than football is NASCAR.

1 members found this post helpful.

Well we southern women wear short dresses because it is so hot most of the football season that we stick to the seats. And the bourbon, well it's in the pockets of the trench coats we all seem to need in stifling heat!

Being a UGA grad who went undergrad in ACC territory (and dated in ivy league too), I have to say that UGA fans and UF fans are the, uh most enthusiastic fans ever. If you don't bring your own bourbon, or if it is confiscated by authorities at the gate (which is why women carry it, duh, mules for booze, no searching or questions) the old timer guys will fill your huge coke paper cups with bourbon every time you drink it down an inch or two.

I love college football in the SEC. Even though we lost Saturday night and face old Steve Spurrier again next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaMockingbird View Post
    Here is the local high school football stadium that my tax dollars paid for. Whenever I drive by it I get a little irritated. It's just ridiculous. They have temporary buildings at every high school because they don't have enough schools for the population here. But we sure need an $84M stadium!

http://www.berrycenter.net/about/venues

By the way, I hate football even though I was born and raised in Texas. Probably the only thing I hate more than football is NASCAR.
    Cy-Fair sure has grown. Back in the day... Cy-Creek was the new 3rd HS. Imagine my shock to move back 25 years later and there are 11 freakin' high schools! I remember when they opened the first 'combined' stadium off Windfern Rd.