The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Jingles for missing cat!

My little, cute, outdoor cat has been missing for three days, I'm really afraid a coyote may have gotten him Hopefully he just strayed off or is in someones garage. I'm going out to look for him again today, please cross your fingers for us!
    Please support S. 1406 to amend the Horse Protection Act and Prevent all Soring Tactics to the Tennessee Walking horse!
    https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/s1406

Sending lots of jingles! My parents' cat was gone for almost a month and then randomly showed up at the back door again one day... and my friend's cat just went on a two week walkabout and then was spotted by a little girl who recognized him from the flyers. So there's still hope...
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Jingles & AO laced with strength and hope ~

Jingles & AO your cat re=appears ~

They are very worrisome ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Thanks guys.
    Nobody else around us has seen him recently but I'm going to call the local vet in case someone finds him hurt and brings him there. Then I guess it's just a wait and hope situation
    Please support S. 1406 to amend the Horse Protection Act and Prevent all Soring Tactics to the Tennessee Walking horse!

do spend some time calling for him as well and sure cannot hurt. Lost one and called and called and he finally answered - had to rescue him from a grain bin. My much missed Jack took an unauthorised truck ride once and I spent loads of time calling him and he came home. Don't give up hope
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Call for him, including in the middle of the night if you can manage it. It's quieter then. Call and then listen. Walk around the neighborhood and call. Put up signs. Go to the local shelter, including the room where they put the special needs cats. Go door-to-door talking to neighbors and asking if they have any sheds or garages that they haven't opened in the last day or so.

It was the signs that got my cat back. She was under a neighbor's house for several days. The neighbor couldn't figure out why there were odd noises under her house and her cat kept reacting to something. Finally, after a few days, her cat was outside and was standing next to one of the screens to the crawl space under the house and calling out. Then the neighbor remembered seeing the signs...
    The Evil Chem Prof

Well no luck yet The signs are up all around town, vet and animal control have been contacted, neighbors are keeping an eye...I'm afraid something might have gotten him. It just makes me sick

Still jingling... any news? I don't know if your area has a Facebook page for missing pets, but ours does (Pet Alert of WNY) and it's a great way for spreading the info...
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

Jingling for you and your little kitty!! We lost ours once, ran her over (she was hiding in the car's undercarriage) and didn't see her for two months. But we found her on the side of the road one night, about a mile from home, and she was completely fine. Your kitty might have gotten chased somewhere, and he's just roughing it till he can make his way back home. Keep calling and leaving food out.

I had a cat this disappeared for almost 3 months one summer, 2 months the next summer and has not disappeared since.

I also find that if you call cats around dusk they are more likely to come. I was housesitting one that was indoor/outdoor and she disappeared for almost 2 days.

I had to call for almost 15 minutes. I would call, wait a couple of minutes, call again. She finally came out of the woods.

Some jingles heading your way from PA.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)