The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Crossed Sabers/Second Wind Adoption Program, WV again

Just had this shared on FB. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cross...13580512005506

"Horses, Dogs, and Cats for Adoption." Contract still states it's a "transfer of possession" and not a contract of sale, that you don't own the animal.

What's going on with these folks these days? Any news?

Can't help with any news of CS, but just out of curiosity...the "transfer of possession" comment. How does that work, legally? If you don't acquire ownership, then who owns the horse? Could you sell if you don't own him?

It's a dumb phrase. CS/SW, like many adoption programs (both good and bad, not making any comparisons here!), does NOT transfer ownership. The "adoption" is essentially an open-ended lease. So no, you do not own the horse, you cannot sell the horse.

And that is all I will say about this particular program.
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

Thanks!

Interesting. I am one of the admins of the TBFriends FB group, and she cross-posted a horse or something on the page ages ago. When I removed it + kindly explained why I did (as the TBFriends page supports the TBFriends rescue - duh!), she went UTTERLY bitchcakes on our page! I thought she was a bit nutty then, did a brief bit of research , and dismissed her from my mind. Will have to peruse the multiple threads - just from the sheer volume, I'm assuming she's another Christy AC4H or $cam CBER, correct?
    "Let's face it -- Beezie Madden is NOT looking over her shoulder for me anytime
    soon . . . or ever, even in her worst nightmares."

Member, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous

3 members found this post helpful.

Somebody I'm friends with on FB posted on their own page the link I listed above, so I posted a simple "red flags, red flags, Google this place" thinking it would appear on the friend's timeline but it appeared on Celeita's link and now of course she's ranting in ALL CAPS, as per usual, that to disagree with her and her schemes by very definition means you don't care at all about animals and have never ever ever saved even one, and how she's going to take down the page and never again, and blahblahblah all the exact same stuff she's been saying for years. Two of Celeita's posts on the FB page are below:

"I'M SORRY BUT I DON'T PAY MONEY FOR ADS JUST TO BE INSULTED AND WHAT IS EVEN WORSE IS OUR SUPPORTERS DO NOT EVEN SAY ANYTHING, THEY JUST SIT THERE AND LET IT HAPPEN. THIS IS WHAT I MEAN ABOUT PEOPLE NOT CARING ABOUT ANIMALS AT ALL."

"I WILL BE SHUTTING DOWN THIS PAGE TODAY. I'M SO SICK OF THE LIES THAT IS TOLD AND CONTINUES TO BE TOLD ABOUT THIS PROGRAM AFTER WE'VE DONE 17 YEARS OF GOOD WORK FOR ANIMALS. AND THE MUCK IS BEING TOLD BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN HERE, NEVER VISITED, NEVER VOLUNTEERED, NEVER LIFTED ONE FINGER TO HELP AN ANIMAL. DON'T THEY KNOW THAT SLINGING LIES AND MUCK ABOUT A RESCUE ONLY HURTS THE ANIMALS IN NEED. I HAVE GIVEN ALL I CAN GIVE AND I WILL NOT BE ACCUSED OF THIS BS ANY MORE. I'M DONE, SAVE YOUR OWN FREAKING HORSES, DOGS AND CATS... BUT I KNOW THESE JERKS WOULD NEVER HELP AN ANIMAL IN NEED. WHAT IS REALLY UPSETTING IS THAT THE PEOPLE THAT KNOW US HAVE NEVER EVER DEFENDED US EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW HOW HARD WE HAVE WORKED. SCREW IT, I DON'T NEED THIS SHIT, 17 YEARS OF LIES IS MORE THAN I CAN TAKE. NEVER AGAIN."

2 members found this post helpful.

I will definitely be looking for the page to shut down, and if it is not, I certainly hope more people besides me post to it.

5 members found this post helpful.

One more from Crossed Sabers/Mountain State Horse School & Second Wind Adoption Program. Posted 3 hours ago, a photo album:

"IF ANYONE CARES AT ALL, YOU COME AND GET THE DOGS YOU WANT TO SAVE, I'M CALLING THE ACO TONIGHT TO PICK THEM ALL UP. I CAN'T BELIEVE I EVEN SOLD MY CAR AND TRUCK TO CONTINUE TO HELP ANIMALS BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL HELP AND ALL I GET IS SHIT FROM PEOPLE. PICK UP TODAY TO SAVE THEM. THEY HAVE RUINED MY HOME, I'VE SOLD NEARLY EVERYTHING I OWN TO HELP ANIMALS, I'VE SPENT MY SAVINGS AND RETIREMENT MONEY TO HELP ANIMALS, LEFT THE MILITARY AND A GOOD RETIREMENT BECAUSE I THOUGHT THE ANIMALS NEEDED ME MORE, THE ON LINE MUCK HAS RUINED MY LIFE AND I'M NOT DEALING WITH IT AGAIN. I CAN'T DO THIS, I CAN'T EVEN GET MY FRIENDS TO SHARE THESE ALBUMS OR TO EVEN HELP OR TO SHARE OUR AUCTIONS, WHILE I SPEND 500. TO ADVERTISE AUCTIONS JUST SO PEOPLE WILL SEE THEM JUST TO HAVE MANY NOT PAY AFTER BIDDING. MONTHS AND MONTHS OF CLEANING NASTY KENNELS WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE BUT TO BE ABUSED BY MEAN PEOPLE IS MORE THAN I CAN HANDLE."

The only light at the end of the tunnel is her saying "I can't even get my friends to share these albums or to even help or to share our auctions." Guess people are catching on, although her page has over 5,100 Likes.

9 members found this post helpful.

Oh puhleeze.. Now where is that teeny, tiny violin so I can play it juuuuust for her.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

12 members found this post helpful.

Oh, people are dancing to that violin. Her FB page is filled with literally dozens of people begging her not to shut down the page and to just continue to "delete and block, delete and block" because she's such a wonderful person and there are mean people who lie.

She's nuttier than squirrel poo.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2horseygirls View Post
    Interesting. I am one of the admins of the TBFriends FB group, and she cross-posted a horse or something on the page ages ago. When I removed it + kindly explained why I did (as the TBFriends page supports the TBFriends rescue - duh!), she went UTTERLY bitchcakes on our page! I thought she was a bit nutty then, did a brief bit of research , and dismissed her from my mind. Will have to peruse the multiple threads - just from the sheer volume, I'm assuming she's another Christy AC4H or $cam CBER, correct?
    Christy is shady, Celeita is nucking futs.

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post
    Oh puhleeze.. Now where is that teeny, tiny violin so I can play it juuuuust for her.
    AND...the tiny tape deck playing back in stereo...
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2horseygirls View Post
    from what I gather, she makes both CBER and AC4H look outright legit....
    and like a bad case of herpies, she does not seem to go away either...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

8 members found this post helpful.

I haven't been able to find these posts. Did she actually take them down? The link just takes me to my own facebook page. O.k., I AM technologically challenged, so it may just be me!

If she did take down the page, she'll be back with another one before very long. Glad I copied the posts. Should've done screen captures, though. Remember that all of that capitalized ranting came as the result of ONE comment on her timeline. The comment was, in its entirety, "Red flags, red flags, Google this place." The comment was deleted, and when she posted the rants people responded with things like, "I don't know what was said, but it must've been so mean...," "I didn't see the post but how can people lie so much?" etc. etc. Celeita's learned that screaming and stamping her feet means that people will assume she's been viciously attacked, because why else would someone react like that?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    I haven't been able to find these posts. Did she actually take them down? The link just takes me to my own facebook page. O.k., I AM technologically challenged, so it may just be me!
    Me too. I thought she had blocked me...I've been known to comment on her page.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    If she did take down the page, she'll be back with another one before very long. Glad I copied the posts. Should've done screen captures, though. Remember that all of that capitalized ranting came as the result of ONE comment on her timeline. The comment was, in its entirety, "Red flags, red flags, Google this place." The comment was deleted, and when she posted the rants people responded with things like, "I don't know what was said, but it must've been so mean...," "I didn't see the post but how can people lie so much?" etc. etc. Celeita's learned that screaming and stamping her feet means that people will assume she's been viciously attacked, because why else would someone react like that?
    Glad it's not me - I scrolled back for a month, and couldn't find anything other than her rantings. And seriously, who posts in all caps???
    "Let's face it -- Beezie Madden is NOT looking over her shoulder for me anytime
    soon . . . or ever, even in her worst nightmares."

Member, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Goodbye?

I got an e-mail today titled "saying goodbye".

Supposedly she is shutting the whole thing down (but adoption contracts are still in effect and the annual report is still due every year). She's putting down the animals she has left over.

My favorite quote: ..."I am ashamed to be a humane"

Some more ranting and raving about why people can't just get into a routine of giving her $25.00 per month for her animals.

Summary of her track record according to her: 17 years and 2300 animals placed.

Also, did anyone get the e-mail a few months ago where she had the whole place sold, a couple drove up from Nevada to close the deal, had a huge fight in her living room, decided the deal was off and drove back to Nevada?

Does anyone believe she is really shutting down?

That was some interesting reading.
    Only part of me worries...the other part doesn't believe in it.
    Wings of Desire

2 members found this post helpful.

Just Outside of Dallas - California to be exact