The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Young Adult Horse books **still some available***

Note from 10/08: all boxes are shipped or leaving tomorrow and there are still books available. I'll try to do a consolidation post later but do let me know if you wanted some books and haven't gotten any....

Asking for cost of postage only; the "if it fits it ships" small boxes will fit most of these but they are $5.80. Good news is there is no extra cost for weight. I am willing to buy padded envelopes and get postage for actual weight if you prefer but I have no idea how much those will be and the further away you are I know it goes up.

If you get multiples, the IIFIS option is wonderful as you can get bunches in the $10 to $12 boxes, no matter the weight!

I'll be adding titles as I continue to unpack. These are all hardcovers, I didn't check which had dustjackets, sorry. Most are quite old, some were my mom's (40's/50's) some were mine (70s) and some I picked up second hand.

Spook, the Mustang by Harlan Thompson

Amy and the Sorrel Summer by Laura Fisher (LIBRARY BOOK)

The Roan COlt by Reginald Ottley TAKEN

A Blue For Alli by Nancy Hartwell (LIBRARY BOOK) TAKEN

Wanted! A Horse! by Babbis Friis

Ride Gaucho by Bruce Grant (this one does have a DJ)

Gift Horse by James Summers (LIBRARY BOOK)

Runaway Pony, Runaway Dog by Ruth & Latrobe Carroll

You can message me here or email me at ebeep99 at yahoo dot com (obviously fix that addy first )

I'm offline when I'm not at work and am scheduled Mon-THurs 8 to 6 through the end of August. I promise to answer everyone tho, as soon as I can get online!

**NOTE: One person has already asked about taking them all but your PM got lost in the technical problems. I'd love to share so everyone gets some but since there are many more to list I can hold what you like until you get a bigger box full if you want

Beth P
    King, NC
    Last edited by Chester's Mom; Oct. 8, 2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: all shipped if asked for....
    HaHA! Made-est Thou Look!

Quote Originally Posted by Chester's Mom View Post
    **NOTE: One person has already asked about taking them all but your PM got lost in the technical problems. I'd love to share so everyone gets some but since there are many more to list I can hold what you like until you get a bigger box full if you want

Beth P
    King, NC
    That was me who PMd you. Very kind of you to want to spread the goods around. This is something I did years ago when I was trying to give away a lot of books here that I'd bought on eBay (IIRC I bought a large lot of books only to get one or two specific titles that were included and wasn't particularly interested in the rest).

I'll pass on the ones listed here and wait for you to list all the Paul Brown books.

Thank you Beth!!
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Sorry Windsor, Copper's Chance is in the "keep" pile!

Hopefully more tomorrow... and if you need details on anything just let me know ....

I won't do a new thread, I'll keep adding them here so keep an eye out!

ETA: I would volunteer pictures but my camera died unexpectedly and as you can imagine for someone without the internet at home.... I don't own a phone that is also a camera

Maybe a friend will come get some shots for me....
    Last edited by Chester's Mom; Aug. 21, 2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: add a note

I have a horse-crazy teen niece whose family is lower income that would LOVE any books to do with horses. I would be happy to hear more about what you have available. Thanks.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    I have a horse-crazy teen niece whose family is lower income that would LOVE any books to do with horses. I would be happy to hear more about what you have available. Thanks.
    You should post another thread requesting book donations. I'm guessing a lot of people have good younger-themed horse books they would LOVE to give to someone. I have a couple...

Thanks, Ruth0552. I will do that tonight.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

OK here are new books!

The Real Book of Horses by Jay Sherman

(these two are small paperbacks) The Black Stallion Returns and The Black Stallion and Flame both by Walter Farley

Mountain Pony (with partial dustcover) by Larom TAKEN

(large softcover) Born to Trot by M Henry TAKEN

Kentucky Derby Winner by McMeekin TAKEN
    INternational Velvet by Forbes
    Adventures of Arab by Slobodkin
    Black Tiger by Hinkle
    Good Luck to the Rider by Phipson TAKEN
    Swampfire by Hess
    Sleigh Bells for Windyfoot by Frost TAKEN

And Paradox, I would be happy to send some to you just PM or email me!

More to come next week! We're just getting started LOL.....
    Last edited by Chester's Mom; Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: mark books 'called for'

I'd love to jump into the fray! Not sure how it's working though- are you sending all of them to the one person? or do we request titles we're interested in? I maintain a "horse library" for my students, so am definitely interested. There are a lot of titles I haven't read so would love to borrow them from whoever ends up with them just to read them!
    Ah books!
    Real Horses. Real Riders. Real Results! www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Quote Originally Posted by thathorse View Post
    I'd love to jump into the fray! Not sure how it's working though- are you sending all of them to the one person? or do we request titles we're interested in? I maintain a "horse library" for my students, so am definitely interested. There are a lot of titles I haven't read so would love to borrow them from whoever ends up with them just to read them!
    Ah books!
    thathorse, just PM me the ones you are interested in and I'll get you a mailer together... then I'll just need you to pay postage. If you want to just get one box, I can hold those you would like until I've posted them all and have a whole set for you. I'll have at least one more list of books and maybe more...

I hope to share the wealth so I prefer not to send them all to one person if more than one is interested.

Bumping for folks who haven't weighed in on their wants!

I'm going back and marking titles "TAKEN" when they go on hold for someone..

Default More Hardcovers

Fury & the Lone Pine Mystery
    Stallion of the Sands by Helen Griffiths TAKEN
    Starlight by Regina Woody TAKEN
    Winged Colt of Casa Mia by Betsy Byars TAKEN

Tawny's Trick by Ina Forbus TAKEN
    Casey Jones Rides Vanity by marion Hollan TAKEN
    The Runner by Jane & Paul Annixter
    Timber Trail Riders - Luck of Black Diamond

Mystery Horse by Margaret Goff Clark
    White Shell Horse by jane & Paul Annixter
    Chucaro by Francis Kalnay
    Mustang Roundup by Paul Laune

Bluegrass Champion by Dorothy Lyons TAKEN
    Last Horse on the Sands by Arthur Catherall
    A Horse to Remember by Genevieve Torrey EAmes
    Last edited by Chester's Mom; Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: mark taken books

Default and some paperbacks!

Wild Horse Killers by Mel Ellis
    Horse Crazy series #1 and #3 to 6 by Virginia Vail
    The White Stallion by Elizabeth Shub TAKEN
    The BEst Horse by Elizabeth Van Steenwyk

A HOrse Called Holiday by Frances Wilbur
    Little Vic by Doris Gates TAKEN
    Mystery Horse by Margaret Goff Clark
    A Horse For XYZ by Louise Moeri

Jumping Into Trouble by Maggie Dana TAKEN
    Somebody's Horse by Dorothy Morrison
    Year of the Black Pony by Walt Morey TAKEN

1963 copy of Mountain Pony by Larom... has cartoon panels on the back with key action illustrations but book itself is smaller than normal paperback TAKEN

Wild Palimino by Stephen Holt
    Pretty Penny Farm by Joanne Hoppe

And nope, still not done but getting closer!
    Last edited by Chester's Mom; Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Mark books folks have asked for...

I'd love Stallion of the Sands (know nothing about it, but Griffiths's work is good, so I'll take it), Winged Colt of Casa Mia, Bluegrass Champion, Casey Jones Rides Vanity. Add them to my list and I"ll PM you, too. Thanks!!
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

Mountain Pony Year of the Black Pony Jumping into trouble The White stallion. I sent you my email address. I need to copy some things from my private messages and so they are full. I sent my zipcode as well so just email me what I need to send. Thanks!
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ? Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by horsefaerie View Post
    Mountain Pony Year of the Black Pony Jumping into trouble The White stallion. I sent you my email address. I need to copy some things from my private messages and so they are full. I sent my zipcode as well so just email me what I need to send. Thanks!
    Gotcha. Were there others you wanted from last week? I did get a PM from you but without specifics and I guess my email back didn't make it to you?

I'll take all the rest that aren't already taken. Building up my daughters library.

Just read that you are trying to spread the wealth so any that no one wants I'll take them and if its easier just to wait till you are all done and send one box that works for me too. What info should I PM you?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBrooksFarm View Post
    Just read that you are trying to spread the wealth so any that no one wants I'll take them and if its easier just to wait till you are all done and send one box that works for me too. What info should I PM you?
    TBF, just PM me your mailing addy, and I can get you a box together now. Oh, and what age(s) are your daughter(s)?

Nope. Didn't get an email. Just send me an email to my email address. Let me know shipping and your paypal addresss or how you wish to be paid for shipping! Thanks!
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ? Albert Einstein

By the way, Chester's Mom, this is very sweet of you to share your collection. Thanks, again.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde