The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need to purchase 15 or so dressage saddle pads - what do you like and why?

Hi!

We have a large school program and it is time to replace some saddle pads. We liked the equi felt Fritz Theidemann ones but can't find them now. Or at least the ones I can find are not what we want. We need long spines (26 inch) and decent drop. They get washed...a lot!!!! Also, cost needs to be reasonable - I got a deal through horze lovers last time at $20 per!

What do you like and why? Thanks

I love the PRI ones. They hold up great, come in cool colors and aren't too spendy...

3 members found this post helpful.

PRI without a doubt. No rubs, soft for skin, etc. I don't use any others anymore.
    LarkspurCO: no horse's training is complete until it can calmly yet expressively perform GP in stadium filled w/chainsaw juggling zombies riding unicycles while flying monkeys w/bottle rockets...

2 members found this post helpful.

Another vote for PRI - oversized, soft, wash and dry great. You can find them on sale for good prices.

I bet I know who "joyrider" is !Can you guess who "pook" is ?
    Think ,Alpaca saddle blankets....

Toklat mini diamond pad. Dressage Extention has the best price so far. They are great. Also the ClassicIII but they are more $.

Another PRI vote.
    My absolute favorite is Lettia CoolMax, but not reasonably priced for your needs ($55). But I do have PRIs and they are big, come in lots of colors and have high wither relief. They also wash really well and aren't slippery.

What are the PRI pads? Can someone provide a link?

PRI or EOUS. The EOUS are thinner but a bit larger than the PRI. Both wash and dry great!

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyThe Ride View Post
    What are the PRI pads? Can someone provide a link?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pri+saddle+pad

I have one of these from Horseloverz: https://www.horseloverz.com/product/...ssage-pad.html

and am very happy with the quality. Much nicer than the $13 Tuffrider ones (which are perfectly suitable for a schooling program) for not much more money.

And yes, another vote for PRI ones. I have a dressage and an AP in their lovely suede style, and get compliments every time I use them. I also got them for like $15 in a closeout section of some website....Equus now?

Not many of the suggested pads typically come in a 26in spine - eg, this would be considered an "extra long" by PRI

Ogilvy does offer this length as well - the "order now" shows size, color etc options: you might contact them for a group discount order (the "baby" pad is amazing & runs somewhat lower cost, not sure on sizes for it though).

If you really need the 26 spine/back length, it will take some searching to find something in your hoped for budget.

I have gotten two other pads from Horze.com that are wearing very well. Keep and eye out since they seem to have periodic sales that might get you 10-15% off.

This one from there looks nice and his the spine length you need but is more like $28
    http://www.horze.com/Horze-Prinze-Dr...,en_US,pd.html
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

What about the Dover pads? They are pretty long and you can get them for about $20?

I love both PRI or EOUS. Right now horseloverz has a BOGO going on for these pads: https://www.horseloverz.com/product/...ct.html?src=ct though I am not sure how many BOGOs you can get.
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

The gal who embroiders for The Mighty Thoroughbred Clique uses dressage pads from Schneiders and I have been really pleased with the quality and fit (extra gusset for withers).

I believe you can get a large quantity discount from them. Here's the latest technology version:
    http://www.sstack.com/English_Saddle...Fadj7Aod73gAuA
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

PRI is my favorite that I return to. Others show up, we use them, the non-PRI end up being used when the laundry is all dirty. I do love my handful of Seamsright pads, but those are very expensive!

I got a pair of Roma dressage pads from Bit of Britain for $15 each and they are extra long and deep. They are too long for my saddle but they would probably fit your needs. I've had mine for a few years and they have held up well. They wash up really well too. My only issue with them is how thin they are. I prefer the PRI or classics III pads. Since I need to thin out my huge collection of saddle pads, these are going on ebay.