The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Yes ThreeFigs I did consider going Western as I was trying to work my way through feelings (in hindsight) bordering on depression. It was everything I could do to just make it to the barn and throw leg over the horse so I was frantically trying to find other ways to re-ignite my interests. As other very kind posters pointed out, there's nothing wrong with experimenting. It's been a while, but it clarified alot of things for me and I've come back to dressage with a fresh perspective and alot more drive. Mind you I am still a member of the CCWC and still do barrels, bend poles, etc with my versatile horse. Sorry I didn't keep COTH abreast, but I did keep up the Ultimate Dressage Message Board. Why? Because there are more mean, intolerant, nasty, snide posters in this dressage forum than on the UDDB where the moderator simply doesn't allow that behavior, IMO.

I've been riding 4 to 5 days a week. I've been taking more lessons. Any bit of money I come by goes into lessons. I've been taking my horse out on our barn's new exercise track (1/3 of a mile) and working through some fear issues I developed after my bad fall last Fall. When I ride without an instructor I've been having more structure in my lessons. My trainer noticed the improvement in a few short weeks. But, like I said, over on the other board they've been privy to it and quite supportive.

But it really does go to prove my point. This is a message board. You have no idea what's going on with people in the real world. Some posters are happy to fill in the blanks themselves and become seriously mean-assed bullies about it.

Katarine may be making a point, but she does so poorly by making people feel bad. That's JMO of course. Others might find her approach acceptable. I do not, and frankly enough people do not that when she gets like this I get PMs from posters assuring me that I shouldn't let her make me feel bad because she's mean to everybody.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

2 members found this post helpful.

I haven't found that to be true about Katarine. Perhaps I have more credibility, I don't know.

Good for you for sorting things out, riding with a purpose and "kicking on". Horses are the best medicine for what ails us.

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" (Churchill).

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Is this where we compare PMs to see who is getting more sympathy?

My feet aren't moving, p.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. (Steven Wright)

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" (Churchill).
    But is the outside of a man good for the inside of a horse?

We are fine with users providing honest, even blunt, feedback or opinions, but overt insults are not acceptable and will continue to be addressed according to our moderation policies. We've addressed an inappropriate post and are closing the thread as the OP is apparently gone and it's largely into personal commentary.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

3 members found this post helpful.