The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default spiders

I really don't mind them considering they do get a lot of pesky bugs around here. But i really can,t stand all those webs! Every morning there's at least 10 webs between my front door and my truck. If i leave my windows open even a crack there will be 3-4 webs inside my truck! I'm glad most of my neighbors are not awake when i go to work. They would think i'm some kind of lunatic frantically waving my arms around to get into my truck lol

Spiders = NOPE.
    "I enjoy this motorcade and will recommend it to my niece."

2 members found this post helpful.

Hee hee! Yup, i had one that was pulling the far side routine on me across the front door; fortunately i saw it, or there would have been a lot of girly screaming.

http://pinterest.com/pin/20195898300547101/

But i've been catching way too many pony-sized ones in the house this summer.
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

Oh, good grief, charismaryllis, your cartoon gave me the shivers!

I absolute cannot. stand. spiders.

Oddly, I do not mind them in the barn, as long as they keep out of my way with their webs as well as themselves. And are not too big. And do not get into my stuff.

Even 2 webs between my house and my truck would give me the shivers. Do you carry a broom? A rake? I would keep it inside my door and take it with me, waving it in front of me, as I exit the house. Let the neighbors think what they will.
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

Ha! I just came home and noted a large spider making a huge spiderweb right outside my door. Luckily, it's between the roof and the railing so there's no walking into it. But it's really cool to watch a spider make a web!

I really like spiders. Walking through huge webs, not so much. I have the same reaction as the OP - flailing arms...
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Oh, and i should clarify that the architect of said web was about the size of a kidney bean. i took a picture.... Then i got the broom and said "sorry dude."

But yes, when they're spinning someplace more appropriate, like in the upper corner of the deck window, beneath the porch light, so we could watch from the comfort of the kitchen, they're very cool.

Oh, and one of the times i was in florida, i was at a nature center and there was a sign saying to stay on the path--right beneath a spider the SIZE OF MY THUMB spinning a six foot high web between two trees. I stayed on the path, hell yeah.

Eeeeek, spiders are inexplicably terrifying (I think it has something to do with all the legs...)

I live in Western Massachusetts and found a spider the size of my hand (NO JOKE) in the garage...it was as if someone loosed a tarantula... and I thought I was safe here!

Fly traps! Other than the two kinds we have around with poison bites I decided to not mind them, finally got used to running through their webs and having them land on me when riding through the woods.

Probably the worst one for me was when i was nightwatching. I just had a feeling so i stopped and shined my light. I was face to face with a large black and yellow spider. It made a huge web from the tree line to the fence. I carried a stick with me from that point on lol.

There was another large spider in my room. It's web ran from my window to my bed and to the tv. I had to get off my bed on the other side, duck under it in front of my tv to get out of my room to get the broom. There's some poisonous spiders here but i wasn't about to check to see if it was one or not lol