The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    There is a slo-mo going round the internet of the spray and how far it goes in a bathroom - consider the facecloths and toothbrushes - ;(
    That makes me wonder (though I don't want to - it just happened) how much actual poo mist is in the average fart. Yuck.

3 members found this post helpful.

I personally seriously doubt that a lot of poop is spraying all over bathrooms. If it were, believe me, Clorox would have one of their tacky offensive commercials on TV about it. They love doing commercials about kids pooping all over the floor, they would have a field day with poop spray!

And considering how most public rest room toilets don't even HAVE lids ...

I thought people just put them down to sit on sometimes.
    RoanPonyMare

1 members found this post helpful.

Oh my gosh Lid down, I am always putting the lid down, hate it up for all the above reasons.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by WildandWickedWarmbloods View Post
    Oh for pete's sake: Why do guys put the lid down?

Because if they are living with or visiting overnight with a woman friend, if the guy does not put the lid down, he will not go canoeing........much less kayaking!
    No eligible guy friend of mine would ever have that problem! Can't imagine trying to train a friend in something so ... excuse the expression ... anal.
    RoanPonyMare

Yuck. Lid DOWN. All the time. My mom, who is such a neat, tidy person, comes to visit and ALWAYS leaves it up. It drives me bonkers.

Why? Flushing is like the toilet sneezing. But instead of cold and flu germs, it's whatever I just left in it bits. How is that not gross? My bathroom is small and my sink (that holds my toothbrush, my contact lens stuff, my moisturizer, my hand soap dispenser) is RIGHT there. My hand and bath towels are on a bar above it. CLOSE the lid.

I also drop and knock stuff off the counter all the time. It's bad enough they end up in the trash can. They would constantly be in the drink otherwise.

The lid makes a nice place to put a clean towel or clothes, or whatever. After a particularly bad day, I am not unknown to take a beer into the bathroom and leave it on the lid while I shower, occasionally taking a sip.

My bathroom door typically stays close (since the door swings into my tiny living room), so the dog isn't a real issue, but, yes, that, too.

When I look through real estate ads with photos, the first thing that stands out is if the toilet lid is up - it just looks like the agent who took the photos is either lazy, or just does not know that it looks tacky. Somehow, I don't notice in real life, but in the photos when the home is supposed to look perfect, this strikes me as, well, wrong.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    I personally seriously doubt that a lot of poop is spraying all over bathrooms. If it were, believe me, Clorox would have one of their tacky offensive commercials on TV about it. They love doing commercials about kids pooping all over the floor, they would have a field day with poop spray!

And considering how most public rest room toilets don't even HAVE lids ...

I thought people just put them down to sit on sometimes.
    public rest rooms are generally cleaned with a chemical that would take your hide off....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Maybe, but not after every poop.
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

I am a woman, not a guy, but I always put the toilet lid down. It looks so much nicer. For me it is mostly for aesthetic reasons. I don't want to be doing my hair, getting dressed, etc, and looking at a toilet bowl.

I can always tell when the pet sitter has used the toilet as I come home from my trio to a lid up. Doesn't bother me (she's welcome to use the facilities), I just never realized until this thread that I'm in the minority.

Obviously a medical problem that creates urgency issues is a different situation.

DH started to put the lid down when we got our first kitten. Roux went to hop up and landing IN the toilet instead of ON the lid. DH was afraid of Roux drowning when we weren't there. He started to put the lid down.
    I grew up with dogs. We put the lid down to keep the from drinking out of the bowl. Labs load up their jowls with water when they drink and then drool it a long way from the bowl. Nobody wanted to have dog drool toilet water on the seat and across the bathroom floor and dribbles in the bedroom. We were a barefoot kinda family. So I was already in the habit of putting the lid down when I got married.

I hadn't heard about the spraying fecal matter when you flush so I guess it is a good thing we keep the lid down.

As far as public restrooms not having lids- the toilet are in an enclosed stall with a door, unlike most private houses, and your toothbrush, bath towel, hand towel, wash cloth are not hanging there to get contaminated but used for a few more days. There is usually the hand dryer things or disposable paper towels.

Generally in a public rest room people don't do much more than use the toilet, hopefully wash hands and leave. I do a lot more in my private bathroom- shower, shave, do hair, brush teeth, get partially dressed, occasionally put on make-up. I don't know many people that have disposable hand towels in all their bathrooms. I am seeing it more often at bigger parties in the powder room for guests. But I can only think of it twice. Most of the time there are just multiple terrycloth type towels hanging on the towel bar.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)