The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 125
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    12,084

    Default What Would The America That Right-Sided Conservatives Want Be Like?

    Anyone wanna take this for a spin?
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug. 8, 2001
    Location
    up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)
    Posts
    3,628

    Default

    It'd be like North Carolina, only bigger.
    Full-time bargain hunter.


    7 members found this post helpful.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug. 28, 2006
    Posts
    10,989

    Default

    Nope.

    But I can guarantee that if conservatives got what they wanted, they'd find (oops!) that they didn't like it very much after all.


    18 members found this post helpful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug. 1, 2007
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,779

    Default

    Come on, Lex. I was just thinking to myself how nice this OT day has been because it's not the result of a tragedy and there's no political talk going on and then you have to go and do this?!



    People either love me or they hate me. Or they think I'm ok.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun. 9, 2009
    Location
    The Frozen Tundra
    Posts
    692

    Default

    I'm not even going to start, but grayarabpony, you're response is genius
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    Proud mama to Skier's Gold and pony angels Pretty Gritty, Timely Eagle and Festive Fashion.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb. 8, 2010
    Location
    Flyover State #1
    Posts
    352

    Default

    I don't wanna know I'm more of an in-the-middle person, but last few years I've drifted more and more toward the left...most because the right is so scary now. Which is a shame, I liked middle earth, I mean, America lol.
    Team Ginger


    10 members found this post helpful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ybiaw View Post
    Come on, Lex. I was just thinking to myself how nice this OT day has been because it's not the result of a tragedy and there's no political talk going on and then you have to go and do this?!



    This. I'll be interested to see the answers and how it develops into a cat fight/witch hunt.
    Alis volat propriis.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    May. 28, 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    I think I've decided I don't like either side....they're both scary. Which is why I'm going to go claim my own island, away from all the crazies!


    11 members found this post helpful.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr. 25, 2011
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Read When She Woke by Jordan


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2007
    Posts
    4,479

    Default

    How would the country look if Far Left Liberals got their way? They probably wouldn't like it very much either


    17 members found this post helpful.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May. 20, 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    far right: 99% of the people are working stiffs. 1% controls everything. no minimum wage/labor laws, which would lead to 50 hour work weeks, no work-life balance, and people living in caves and under bridges, scavenging for food. NO hand outs of any type, which would lead to lots of malnutrition/starvation/homelessness/people dying of treatable diseases/etc. no science taught in schools or allowed to be discussed, so technological progress would stop. women not allowed to work and no birth control, but they'd have no way to support all those kids, so the infant and maternal mortality rates would sky rocket. most kids would have to leave school (if there were even public school of any kind still allowed) to go to work at a young age (no labor laws, remember). no environmental protections on corporations (capitalism, plus god is supposed to be bailing us out of this environmental crisis when he comes back during jesus' lifetime-er-any day now). gays would be beheaded. getting close?

    liberal world: no one would be paid $500 million; there'd be much more equality and less greed. anyone could marry whomever they wanted. more education and access to healthcare would equal less unwanted children which would equal less welfare, hand outs, and oppression in the long run (ironic, no??). more concern for the environment and access to more education and greater gov/public support of research and research schools would lead to greater technology would lead to a cleaner, healthier planet and populace. need i go on? which would you prefer?
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE


    29 members found this post helpful.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr. 25, 2011
    Posts
    856

    Default

    AffirmedHope
    How would the country look if Far Left Liberals got their way? They probably wouldn't like it very much either
    Watch NL Animal House


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2007
    Posts
    4,479

    Default

    How much would they be paid though what counts as "fair" Should the doctor who is went through years of rigorous study to complete his medical degree only make slightly more than the guy working the register at McDonald's?

    And yes all of us conservatives just hate birth control and those evil gayyyyyy people.


    16 members found this post helpful.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2007
    Posts
    4,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    Watch NL Animal House
    Or did you mean Animal Farm?


    2 members found this post helpful.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan. 14, 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    How would the country look if Far Left Liberals got their way? They probably wouldn't like it very much either
    Far left would probably look like Sweden. And Sweden isn't such a bad place to live.

    Quote Originally Posted by DieBlaueReiterin View Post
    far right: 99% of the people are working stiffs. 1% controls everything. no minimum wage/labor laws, which would lead to 50 hour work weeks, no work-life balance, and people living in caves and under bridges, scavenging for food. NO hand outs of any type, which would lead to lots of malnutrition/starvation/homelessness/people dying of treatable diseases/etc. no science taught in schools or allowed to be discussed, so technological progress would stop. women not allowed to work and no birth control, but they'd have no way to support all those kids, so the infant and maternal mortality rates would sky rocket. most kids would have to leave school (if there were even public school of any kind still allowed) to go to work at a young age (no labor laws, remember). no environmental protections on corporations (capitalism, plus god is supposed to be bailing us out of this environmental crisis when he comes back during jesus' lifetime-er-any day now). gays would be beheaded. getting close?
    That pretty much sums it up except I think the compassionate conservatives would support the needy through their church organizations. Like they do now, right? That's how it's supposed to work, right? Oh wait, church attendance seems to be somewhat an issue these days...


    13 members found this post helpful.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul. 3, 2012
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    No access to contraception of any kind, women at home & pregnant from puberty to menopause.

    Heard the pres. of some national "family" council talking about how adultery and promiscuity started during the industrial revolution, when men & women who were not married to each other started working together. THE HORROR. Clearly men can't control themselves, so women better stay inside. Also, the statement clearly shows he doesn't understand history, either.

    They say they are pro-life, but it goes way beyond that, my friends.

    I am a free market kind of gal, but this so called social conservatism bullsh*t repulses me. It has nothing to do with Adam Smith.


    12 members found this post helpful.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2007
    Posts
    4,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Far left would probably look like Sweden. And Sweden isn't such a bad place to live.



    That pretty much sums it up except I think the compassionate conservatives would support the needy through their church organizations. Like they do now, right? That's how it's supposed to work, right? Oh wait, church attendance seems to be somewhat an issue these days...

    We're talking FAR LEFT. As someone who has actually lived in Sweden, it's not FAR left. I consider my self a conservative (in some things, I'm actually more in the middle. You couldn't get me to register Republican or Democrat if you paid me)


    3 members found this post helpful.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hippolyta View Post
    Heard the pres. of some national "family" council talking about how adultery and promiscuity started during the industrial revolution, when men & women who were not married to each other started working together. THE HORROR. Clearly men can't control themselves, so women better stay inside. Also, the statement clearly shows he doesn't understand history, either.
    He probably has also never read the story of Sodom and Gomorrah or David and Bathsheeba, which both happened waaaaaaaaay before the Industrial Revolution.

    Good grief.
    Alis volat propriis.


    5 members found this post helpful.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep. 1, 2004
    Location
    north of Atlanta GA
    Posts
    3,760

    Default

    From reading the replies to these threads, I think both sides judge the other side by their vocal extremists instead of the more moderate less vocal majority. The division in this country disheartens and saddens me.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.


    35 members found this post helpful.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May. 28, 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bird4416 View Post
    From reading the replies to these threads, I think both sides judge the other side by their vocal extremists instead of the more moderate less vocal majority. The division in this country disheartens and saddens me.
    Couldn't agree more..


    5 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jun. 30, 2013, 09:59 AM
  2. One Sided Friendships
    By altermetoday in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Apr. 2, 2013, 09:28 AM
  3. Saddle for 17.1H slab sided TB
    By equisusan in forum Dressage
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Mar. 29, 2013, 06:52 PM
  4. Two sided mane.
    By OGM in forum Off Course
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan. 8, 2012, 01:50 PM
  5. The one-sided horse
    By ellem in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov. 30, 2009, 09:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness