The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Craigslist pony update - dribblers please read and respond!!!

Pi, aka Honey, is doing well. She's gaining weight and feeling frisky, which means it's time for some serious manner's work.

We haven't had a lot of luck arranging transport to Equis, but another option has popped up. I was delivering donations to Horse Haven of TN last week, and was given the option of Pi going there. Her future will be secure in the hands of the best horse people I know. The remaining funds donated will be passed along to HHT as a contribution to her care.

If anyone objects, I'm sure we can return your donations. $100 went straight to her purchase. I've received $20 and some feed coupons, which I'll pass along to HHT. I think Equis has about $80 left, and she'll forward that to HHT with your approval.

Pi will stay with me until she is up to a reasonable weight. I think she's about a BCS 2 now.

The vet is coming any minute for coggins and vaccinations, since HHT wanted that done asap if she's going to be on their "roster".

Let me know what you all think.

2 members found this post helpful.

As long as she's safe and happy, I think that's all that matters.

3 members found this post helpful.

^ same, as long as she ends up safe that's all that matters.
    Proud Member Of The Lady Mafia

2 members found this post helpful.

Cloudy and Hattie and I are fine with that. You'd told us about it when we sent our donation. So no surprise.

Just let us know if you still have the pony on Sept 2st. If so, we'll send you another small donation.

katyb do you need some of the remaining funds to cover her vaccines and coggins or should it all be sent to HHT?
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

Send it to HHT. The vet is billing them for that, and all I've spent is dewormer and some hay/feed.

She'll be here as long as she needs to add weight. The vet felt that it's likely she has been very overweight in the past, based on the feel of her neck. That means that my place won't be so great for her once she's up to weight.

My gripe for the day - some jerk stole the gate off the front of the 30 acres I lease, right on a major road. Luckily, the property owner was by to look at something and noticed it was missing. I can't see it unless I'm looking for it, and my horses were out there all night. GGGRRRR. It was chained and locked on both ends, so I'm not sure what else to do to secure it.

I'm fine with whatever you think best. Thanks for asking, and thanks for helping her.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

This is in an insane world if people steal gates off of hinges. sigh.

OK will paypal the money to HHT today. Thanks for all you have done. I am so happy she is on the road to recovery. I'll keep looking for my next project
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by katyb View Post

with a normal sized child

No need to return my dribble-I didn't care what it was for as long as it helped the pony somehow!
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

I am perfectly fine with this option as well. Just happy to know that she is and will continue to thrive. Thanks for consulting us....she is looking great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Salar View Post
    I am perfectly fine with this option as well. Just happy to know that she is and will continue to thrive. Thanks for consulting us....she is looking great!!!!
    ^ This. She looks so much better. Looking forward to more updates.
    Libby

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - DAVE BARRY