The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Searching for mousers in Maryland

I have a small farmette, and looking for one or two active mousers who prefer outdoor living and catching vermin to couches and cuddles. I have a dry barn and a few out buildings that are quickly becoming home to mice and bunnies, and I'd like them not to be.

Prefer young, not kittens, and spayed/neutered. Will provide food, shelter, water, vaccines, and an occasional pat for a job well done. Veterinary and personal references available, and site visit ok. 20 min from Frederick, MD.

I am not interested in a taking a colony.

Signed,
    A dog person.

Contact Erin on here, she has the BEST barn cats and is in Baltimore. She's super easy to deal with (way easier than some of the "rescues" around). I have one from her that I adore, and I'm not really a cat person either.

ETA: I just found a recent post of Erin's on here, here you go!

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...altimore-MD%29

There are always ad's in the Equiery looking for homes for barn kitties. I don't know if they are free to a good barn, or if you have to jump through a ton of hoops, though.

Quote Originally Posted by KPF View Post
    Contact Erin on here, she has the BEST barn cats and is in Baltimore. She's super easy to deal with (way easier than some of the "rescues" around). I have one from her that I adore, and I'm not really a cat person either.

ETA: I just found a recent post of Erin's on here, here you go!

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...altimore-MD%29
    I have sent a message in the past, and sent another one before posting, but no response?

Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    There are always ad's in the Equiery looking for homes for barn kitties. I don't know if they are free to a good barn, or if you have to jump through a ton of hoops, though.
    I have emailed a few, everyone seemed to want me to take an entire colony *shudder*

Also, not interested in signing contracts, paying an adoption fee, etc.

There is a crazy cat lady down the street who always gives them away, but I feel I would be contributing to her vicious cycle of letting cats breeds, that's why i'd prefer going through someone who doesn't actually BREED barn cats.

A friend of mine just sold his farm and has 3 unemployed barn cats he would like to rehome. There is a polydactal female named Polly and two males. They are all tabbies. The rescue he got them from will pick them up on Friday and rehome them. But I am sure they would be perfectly happy to allow them to go somewhere else safe.

All are spayed/neutered.

Polly and one of the males has let me briefly touch them. The other male comes within about 4 feet or so. But I only see them about 2 or 3 times a year when I farm sit so they don't really know me. I think they are much more friendly with the owner.

The cats are currently in Elverson PA but I am sure we can figure out a delivery strategy.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Hi ISR... did you email me about the calico kitty the other day? Sorry I haven't had a chance to respond yet, I have been swamped lately and am behind on my email! I do have several barn kitties who need homes and would be happy to tell you more about them.

1 members found this post helpful.