The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Does anyone have an insured (mortality/major medical) horse that has been nerved?

Does anyone have a horse that has been nerved that is insured (mortality/major medical)? I checked with the underwriters Chartis, Hartford, AEIG, Chartis and Markel and they will not insure a horse that has been nerved (I am currently with AEIG and they will not renew for next year). Great American will but only for a horse valued at $15,000+.

Just seeing if I've missed a company that does insure horses with neurectomies.
    "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse..." ~Revelation 19:11

The only underwriter I know about that's not on your list is Lloyd's of London. It has been quite some time since I've heard of them writing equine policies though, so unsure if they still do. A Colorado company was selling their policies, but I don't remember the name...

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    The only underwriter I know about that's not on your list is Lloyd's of London. It has been quite some time since I've heard of them writing equine policies though, so unsure if they still do. A Colorado company was selling their policies, but I don't remember the name...
    Thanks Simkie! I forgot about Lloyd's - I had googled them without much luck but just dug a little further and found an agent in MD that uses Loyds so I'll contact them.
    "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse..." ~Revelation 19:11

I believe Kaplow Insurance also writes with Lloyds.
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!