The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

To clarify - I haven't asked Equis yet, and I am not complaining. She paypal'd me the purchase price Monday night. I figured I'd wait to see what my vet said about it before hitting Equis up for cash. I hope my vet will swing by and pull the coggins for just that fee, no farm charge. That's why I'm waiting for her to be in my area.

Good morning all. After her purchase we have 80 bucks banked for her care and katyb's fuel fund. Please do let me know if your vet happens to be in the area and approves the worming. The rest of her needs I will be happy to take care of as she comes home. I appreciate your assistance but don't want to overwhelm you
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

I have a call in to my vet regarding deworming advice (want to be careful just in case they did deworm on Monday)
    yes, I wasn't suggesting you deworm her now. Fecal test can\t hurt.

Vet said to give her half a dose one day, then the other half the next day, then a full dose (weight appropriate, not full tube) in 2 weeks, I think. She's the HHT vet, so she knows the drill.

I don't want to transport her (again) without a coggins. Bringing her here without one was probably not too smart, but oh, well.

Pictures today - poor Pi had no idea what she'd gotten into coming here....

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/...pseda5dd55.jpg

You can guess what's coming next. She's a quiet, easy pony.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/...ps88af1d14.jpg

11 members found this post helpful.

Oh, that's funny!

I think pony is conserving ALL energy until she's fat n sassy. I used to say you couldn't really tell much about their temperament until they've gotten their weight back up to normal.

Let us know if more dribbles are needed for gas, etc. this sure is one lucky pony!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Yeah - I keep telling my niece that about our current foster (older arab/mix). He's easy so far, and may stay that way, but he's just now hitting fighting weight.

Quote Originally Posted by katyb View Post
    She is going to be really easy, I think. She had a good day. My niece took her on a very short walk, and she's had her hour of pasture time. She is a hoover, so I think she'll gain pretty quickly. My niece will be thrilled if she is a Shetland. That was her first guess. She has absolutely tiny legs and feet - like teacup sized.

My kids first pony was a shetland and he was tiny also. I guess you won't know until you get her up to normal weight. We also had friends who used to raise mini's that were built quite big . It would be hard to tell they weren't a shetland, at first glance.

Vet said to give her half a dose one day, then the other half the next day, then a full dose (weight appropriate, not full tube) in 2 weeks, I think. She's the HHT vet, so she knows the drill.

I don't want to transport her (again) without a coggins. Bringing her here without one was probably not too smart, but oh, well.

Pictures today - poor Pi had no idea what she'd gotten into coming here....

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/...pseda5dd55.jpg

You can guess what's coming next. She's a quiet, easy pony.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/...ps88af1d14.jpg

Love that last picture. Priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

She is looking quite happy and content. Love the Black Australorp hen too!!!

She is wicked smart! My son was playing with her yesterday, and he said it's almost like doing tricks with a dog. She figured out my turn out without a halter routine this morning without a hitch. I've always wondered why anyone wanted a tiny "useless" horse, but I get it now. She's just adorable.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Montanas_Girl View Post
    Katyb,

i have four coupons for free bags of Triple Crown feed that my air fern is not going to need, and I'm in Knoxville. I would be more than happy to donate them to this little cutie's rehab. If you'd like them, PM me your mailing address or an idea of how I can get them to you.
    Got them, thanks!!!!

There are good people in the world...

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity. That little pony is very, very lucky to be where she is.

2 members found this post helpful.

I am always amazed at the compassion I find on this board, y'all are amazing! I missed this thread due to work and some family issues but I'd be in for a dribble next Friday......I know it's always needed. AND I'm so glad to see some Knoxville folks on here!!!

THis is awesome. She should pick up fast on that great green grass too!! Love the hen!
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

She is wicked smart! My son was playing with her yesterday, and he said it's almost like doing tricks with a dog. She figured out my turn out without a halter routine this morning without a hitch. I've always wondered why anyone wanted a tiny "useless" horse, but I get it now. She's just adorable.
    Just wait til you teach her a few things like...free jumping lil jumps, lunging, pulling a teeny cart, a whole series of tricks, etc. they make you smile and giggle at their itty bitty antics. But yeah, super smart and so quick to learn.
    Just like big horses, they can learn about anything but it's so entertaining seeing evrything in miniature.

I am confused....where is she going to live...
    with Equis or Katyb?

trafalgar she will be coming to me soon. katyb wants her stronger for the long haul. I hope she doesn't miss the chickens when she comes home
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

She is temporary here - although the kids are in love. She is so thin, I can't see her trailering for 4+ hours in this condition. Her spine is still protruding at least two inches. I'm seeing bones on her I didn't even know horses have, and she is not my first emaciated foster.

Here's Pi today. Since it's been a week, and she appears healthy, while my horses are getting way, way too fat being out 24/7, they are all in the barn together.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/...psab7eac9a.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/...ps01052850.jpg

she is so cute and I love your silly hen!