The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thank you both. I was able to find out her age is unknown but not aged, sweet and gentle, no known health problems. She will be darling when she gets to a good healthy weight. Hoping we can make this happen!
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

Have you seen her in person? Do you have a ride arranged yet?
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

I'm in for a dribble too. Thanks for helping!
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Have only spoke on the phone. Hoping to find transport (none yet) and just meet driver somewhere for the swap. If a driver can be found they could have the Paypal account to get the funds for her purchase and fuel. I think that would be the best way??? I wish I could make the drive but its just too far for me and my schedule. If it doesn't work out I just hope someone gives this girl a serious upgrade!

Hey Equislover, I just got your txt about 15 minutes ago, I think my phone is on it's last legs. I'm still working on the lady's to see if we can at least do partial transport. The lady that's usually willing to take me on jaunts is on vacation Friend.... uhhh C? I've called a few, said she'd let me know in the morning and may be free if she doesn't rider, or if she rides early. Are you free tomorrow?

Thank you Stushica. I would say that unfortunately I work and won't be home till five though these days I am very thankful to be employed. So it would have to be after that. Otherwise I am afraid I can only get away for a bit on the weekend. I do appreciate your trying.

Just bumping this thread and confirming I can contribute some $ to help out. Thanks so much to equislover and Tsushima for trying to help this sweetie....

Any progress on finding a ride for the poor little thing??

Quote Originally Posted by Marla 100 View Post
    Any progress on finding a ride for the poor little thing??
    Not from me I miss my days of accessible trailers... nether here nor there. I will be seeing a horsey friend in the morning and have plans of hopefully guilting them into at least getting it to Cleveland where I can hold onto her until equislover or someone else can transport her. :/ Anyone with a rig I can borrow

Actually if someone does have a trailer I could probably scratch up a truck.......

Where exactly is she?
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

I am 3 hours away from Knoxville. If no one any closer than I am turns up to help with transport, I'd be willing, although I can't do anything until after July 28.

I'd rather not make such a long trip through the mountains, but if there is absolutely no one than can provide transport other than me, then I'll do it. Then where do I go?
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

1 members found this post helpful.

Carolina, thanks for offering. I wish I were closer so I could grab her and get her to a safe home. Anyone else able to help out? I can send my usual dribbles for gas, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinadreamin' View Post
    Where exactly is she?

According to the ad in the OP she is in Lake City, Tn.

Sorry to be slow on this, for some reason playing on the internet is frowned upon while working or driving . I have not been able to come up with any transport options. Like I said, I am more than happy (would be thrilled actually) to take in the little girl but she is three hours away so would be six hours round trip and with my job, long commute to and from work, and toddler/family commitments, making the drive just isn't possible. I so love how the COTH community comes together for causes like this. Warms my heart! I'll try to check at lunch to see if she has found a home yet and update all then. I have one last resource to try for transport, hoping to hear back soon. Fingers crossed!

Equislover or anyone in that neck of the woods, check w/ any boarding barns
    or even show type barns. Around here many BO also do transport to earn extra money

I checked the mileage from Lake City to Cookeville and it's 104 miles, if EL could pickup in Cookeville.

anyone else have any ideas????

I am SHOCKED--it's been about 40 hours since this was posted, and the pony has not been rescued! Hoping for good news soon. Poor pony..
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Update- pony IS still there. Also, I may have a good lead on transport. Hoping and praying! Anyway, once/if I confirm transport, what should I do to start raising the funds? I do have a paypal account, would I just provide my paypal account name? Sorry this is new to me, unsure of how best to proceed? But again I don't want to start in case it falls through but do hope to find out in the next hour.

equislover, if you can arrange transport, we can pm you for your email address, which I believe is all we will need to send assistance to your paypal account.

I have a friend in TN, I send her a pm if you guys are still looking for a ride....
    Celtic Charisma (R.I.P) ~ http://flickr.com/photos/rockandracehorses/2387275281
    Proud owner of "The Intoxicated Moose!"
    "Hope is not an executable plan" ~ My Mom
    I love my Dublin-ator