The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I just got a phone call about Christine, and I'm devastated. I never saw her without a brilliant smile on her face. We all love our animals, but I can't even begin to describe her, and Stuart's, love of animals. I'm so glad I got to see her when I was at Rolex. I am so so sorry for all her family and friends
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

1 members found this post helpful.

I saw this last night. So very sad. Sending hugs and thoughts to all of her family and friends.

How very tragic. My condolences to all who knew her.

Jingles and condolences to family and friends!
    He keeps throwing me back. http://horsejunkiesunited.com/?p=63881

Condolences to her family.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

((((((((HHHUUUGGGSSS)))))))) to her family and all of you who knew her.
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

Condolences to her family and friends.

My sympathies go out to all who knew her.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

I'm filled with sadness this morning. My heart is heavy for her sweet husband, her friends, her family, her 4-legged critters, and the MSEDA/ Area 8 eventing community. She was full of life and love and I will always remember the smiles and hugs she gave freely.

2 members found this post helpful.

Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Default No words can capture the shock or the depths of the sadness...

...that so many of us feel with this special woman's death - the little I got to be with Christine and Stuart will always be treasured. I can't attempt to understand the depth of despair and grief Stuart is enduring today...I pray he and all Christine's family and close friends are somehow able to bear this loss.
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

How very sad. Condolences to all who were close to her, it sounds like she was a very special and much-loved member of the horse community.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

This is so sad. I did not know her, but I send my heartfelt condolences to all of you who loved her and cherished her friendship.

I can only hope to live my life in a manner where I will be spoken of as highly as she has been in this thread, and elsewhere, after I pass. It speaks a lot to her character and the type of woman she was.

So, so sorry.
    Americans are just Canadians that someone fed after midnight.

5 members found this post helpful.

What a tragedy. My deepest sympathy to her friends and family. I did not know her personally but knew her name was always on top of the leader board.
    She sounds like a lovely, kind, talented woman.

1 members found this post helpful.

How very sad and tragic. There's always danger in our sport, but somehow it always seems far away until something like this happens. Condolences to her family and her friends. A tremendous loss for everyone.

The world is a bit dimmer today with the loss of the bright light of my best friend Christine Comella Brown (aka Beanie). Christine was generous, exuberant and brought joy to everyone who knew her. Her determination was only overshadowed by the positivity that surrounded her. Her smile and laugh were contagious. She made everyone with whom she came into contact feel like they were the most important person in the world. She was a terrific listener and an invaluable sounding board. Her projects were many, the least of which was not saving every animal on the planet.

The overwhelmingness of this loss for Stuart Brown and the rest of her family (human, canine, equine, feline, donkey etc) cannot be comprehended. The love she had for and also with her husband was enviable. They were like newlyweds during every interaction. The void she leaves is unimaginable.

To hear someone you love characterized as something specific is weird. Yes, Christine was and always will be an eventer. She was a horsewoman, a wife, a friend and so much more. Her joy for life daily was evident.

Christine and I fortuitously crossed paths in 2003 at our first training 3 day. I can't imagine how life will go on without her. My love and support to all of her family.

May the many friends and family who have preceded you over the rainbow bridge greet you with open arms. Please watch over us all in the future as you have in the past.

24 members found this post helpful.

So very sorry. Horrible tragedy. My prayers are out for her family and friends.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

This loss is so...hard. Christine was supportive to so many, including very supportive to Ralph after his fall. There are so many that are touched by this and my heart is quite heavy.

My prayers are with her family and friends...especially those on this forum who were fortunate enough to know her. She sounds like she was truly a special woman with such a positive spirit.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

"Last Wednesday my dear friend Christine Brown died in a riding accident. In the days following her passing, starting with riding friends of Christine in Louisville, an idea grew into a plan. The idea started with creating a permanent memorial to Christine, ideally the memorial would be in a place that was dear to Christine. Here is the plan that grew from the idea. “Friends of Christine Brown” would like you to join us in creating a permanent memorial to Christine at the Kentucky Horse Park next to the cross country course that was so dear to Browne.

Currently, there is no permanent, dedicated horse path that traverses the Kentucky Horse Park and is restricted to horses and their humans. Thus, horses must sometimes travel amongst foot traffic, motorized vehicles, golf carts and bicycles when making their way to or from a competition ring. As it is to most competitors, this situation was troubling to Christine.

The Kentucky Horse Park is launching an effort to raise private funds to create a dedicated horse path that will span from the Alltech Arena to the Rolex Stadium and all competition sites in between.

While the Kentucky Horse Park is committed to the creation of this Dedicated Horse Path, the park simply does not have funds available to undertake the project on its own. In order to create a Dedicated Horse Path at the Kentucky Horse Park, we must rely on funding the construction, installation and maintenance of the path, entirely through philanthropic donations made through the Kentucky Horse Park Foundation and earmarked specifically for this project.

There are naming opportunities available for donors to the Designated Horse Path Project. All naming opportunities will be guaranteed for the life of the Dedicated Horse Path. “Riding Friends of Christine Brown” are raising money to dedicate a section of the Designated Horse Path next to the cross country course in Christine’s name. “Friends of Christine Brown” would love to see Christine’s name permanently on this section! We need to raise $10,000. Please don’t be intimidated by the number. There are a lot of us!!!! . It is a big challenge but I am confident that, together, Christine’s friends can make it happen!

Please help make this memorial to Christine Brown a reality for competitors at the Kentucky Horse Park to travel safely on and perhaps reflect on Christine’s kindness and generosity.
    •Contact Laura Klumb, Executive Director of the Kentucky Horse Park, at 859-255-5727
    •Or donate online Cut and paste this URL into your browser (Please select Capital Projects to designate gift to the horse path and specify Christine Brown Memorial in the text box). https://khpfoundation.org/index.php?...ion&Itemid=186 — with Christine Comella Brown."

2 members found this post helpful.