The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Animo Breeches?

I saw them in a tack shop trailer at a show a couple months ago and I fell in love with the design, the fabric and the over all look of them. I didn't have the chance to try a pair on as I was just quickly browsing but I figured when the time came I'd order from Dover or something.

Well the time is now and if I'm reading the ad in the Dover catalog correctly and they only go up to a US size 6 or 8??? Now I'm sad. I love the look of them but unfortunately I've inherited my mothers hips so they will not even go past my thighs if they run true to size, it looks like it's the same for the Alessandro Albanese and GPA breeches.

Pikeur it is I guess. Not that I have any complaints about them, absolutely fantastic brand and well worth the money. It's just time to replace a pair of show breeches and I wanted to try something new.

Can anyone confirm if they run true the size or if the Euro to US conversion is just really weird and the size 8 runs more like a 10 or 12.

What size do you wear in breeches?

An IT44 is equivalent to a TS or Ariat size 30, and there are sizes above that. I don't know how they compare to street sizing as I've always just purchased via Italian sizes.

That can't be right. I went to a tack shop sale a little while back but got there on the last day so everything was gone but the super tiny and the really big sizes. Thy we're probably at LEAST a size 14 if not much bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    What size do you wear in breeches?

An IT44 is equivalent to a TS or Ariat size 30, and there are sizes above that. I don't know how they compare to street sizing as I've always just purchased via Italian sizes.
    Depending on the brand, I'm a 32 or 34. If a 44 is a 30 in Ariat then a 46 SHOULD fit me but according to Dover a 46 is is between a 6 and 8

http://www.doversaddlery.com/animo-n...ch/p/X1-35865/

Dover has it wrong. I wear a 6 or 8 in street clothes depending on the brand. The size 42 are a bit snug on me and the size 44 are a hair big. As far as comparisons go, the size 44 fit the same on me as my size 28R TS trophy hunters (which in turn fit a size different than the older professionals and TS breeches in which I always wore a 30). I would think that you would want a 46 or 48?

But I would suggest trying them on to be sure.

And the catalog says the GPA breeches only go up to a ten, but on the website the sizing says it goes up to a US 32. Gah so confusing! Amira Equi says the GPA breeches go up to a US 36!

https://theanimoexperience.com/image/sizing.jpg

It may be that they only have certain sizes. I was next to the Animo Booth at WEF this winter. There were all shapes and sizes coming out of there in Animo. You may just have to look around. They follow more of the fashion world so they have spring/summer and fall/winter lines and they sell out quick.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    And the catalog says the GPA breeches only go up to a ten, but on the website the sizing says it goes up to a US 32. Gah so confusing! Amira Equi says the GPA breeches go up to a US 36!
    Those are the sizes they carry but that doesn't mean they are not available elsewhere in a larger assortment of sizes.

Default Animo sizes

I am a huge fan of Animo and can assure you that they have sizes above US 8. They have a website that you can order from directly as well. If you would like to speak to one of their sales reps regarding sizing PM me and I can give you their phone number or check out their facebook page. I'm sure there is contact info on the website or facebook page... Good luck I hope you like them as much as I do!

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmedHope View Post
    I saw them in a tack shop trailer at a show a couple months ago and I fell in love with the design, the fabric and the over all look of them. I didn't have the chance to try a pair on as I was just quickly browsing but I figured when the time came I'd order from Dover or something.

Well the time is now and if I'm reading the ad in the Dover catalog correctly and they only go up to a US size 6 or 8??? Now I'm sad. I love the look of them but unfortunately I've inherited my mothers hips so they will not even go past my thighs if they run true to size, it looks like it's the same for the Alessandro Albanese and GPA breeches.

Pikeur it is I guess. Not that I have any complaints about them, absolutely fantastic brand and well worth the money. It's just time to replace a pair of show breeches and I wanted to try something new.

Can anyone confirm if they run true the size or if the Euro to US conversion is just really weird and the size 8 runs more like a 10 or 12.

I just got mine a few weeks ago and I LOVE them. Easily the most comfortable breeches I have ridden in. They are cool (I have been riding in about 75-80) and they are have been great (and they are black).

One word of caution--they are low-rise and that takes some time to get used to.

Highly recommended.

All of the styles run differently so I suggest you try them on. I'm anywhere between a 40-44 in the different styles and I wear a size 4 in jeans.
    "For by the love that guides my pen, I know great horses live again."

Animo makes all the way up to Itlaian size 50 for sure, I think they actually go all the way up 52 is what they told me. I wear TS size 34 and I wear either a 46 (slightly snug) or 48 (slightly loose) in Animo.

I do recommend trying them on as well.

Goodness the Animo sizing is so confusing! The tack store I phoned about them said that I would wear a 40 (~26) or a 38 (~24), but now I'm not so sure! For reference I wear a 24(show)/26(saggy butt) in the Grand Prix and a 16 kids in the TS trophy...and I have no idea what size to get either! I might just wait until Spruce Meadows Masters in September and try a bunch on!