The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Soft Ride Boots- Size 8

I was going to toss these as we just replaced them, but thought I would throw them out there and see if anyone could use them for the price of shipping.

Softride Hoof Boots- Size 8 (http://www.softrideboots.com/1/pagec...-soft-ride.asp) with the Laminitis orthotic (DD/PT*).

Our pony lives in these things and they make all the difference in the world. That said, these are older (probably 2-3 years of heavy use). They are still plenty functional, with some wear on the softer gel in the toe, and slightly worn out velcro. The main issue with them is that they stink. We've cleaned them, but I think the stink is imbedded in them! The pony wears them 24/7 outside, so they have wet hoof stank. Really, once they're on they don't cause trouble, but I wouldn't recommend sticking my nose in them, and I imagine being closed up in a shipping box would make them pretty ripe.

That said, we were going to just toss them, but since they're still functional, and to order them new with these orthotics would run $375, I thought someone with a laminitic pony in need would be willing to brave the smell for their use. Just putting it out there, if no one jumps, I'll toss 'em.

I'd just ask the buyer to cover the cost of shipping.

I'll take them!
    come what may

Rest in peace great mare, 1987-2013

SA> PM'd you

Soft-ride boots are the most wonderful things. Great of OP to give them away.