The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Basic Abler Sprinkles Question

Ok, maybe I'm missing something, but here it is - I'm having trouble interpreting the dosage calculator on the Abler website for the Abler omeprazole sprinkles sachets - problem is, with a 1000 horse, I get a graphic that shows some kind of depressor with hundred kilogram increments on it, and the indicator is at 500. I still can't find anywhere on the site which says how much is in a sachet, and how much should be fed to a horse per kg, and the sachets were (very quickly) sent to the farm to my horse, not to me to look at. My trainer talked about giving him two per day, but I had somewhere had the idea he might end up needing three per day, but really not sure.

Can anyone tell me how much my horse should get for healing / treatment at 1000 pound of horse?

Sorry if its obvious and I missed it, but I can't find this info anywhere, just that odd graphic of a depressor/dispensor which isn't what they will be using to dispense the sprinkles, they will be using sachets and what does that graphic mean anyway, 500kg per day? per meal? odd.

Thanks.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

When you get the depressor graphic you have to go to the menu and switch it to abrazole from abguard which is the stuff in the tube with the pictured dispenser. The answer is 3 sachets.

Thanks, Laurie. I'll sort that graphic out! And thanks for the answer, its as I thought.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

PS - very pleased, the order from Abler was ordered June 2 at 9pm at night and arrived at the farm this Tuesday past. Nice!