The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tomlinson/Dujardin Pas De Deux - London 2013

A short commercial at the beginning of the video.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=2473262132001
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Umm, wrong Charlotte perhaps....?? But thanks!
    Proud COTH lurker since 2001.

Whoops! Corrected!
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

WOW! Thanks for sharing that! Love watching Charlotte ride.
    "The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears." ~Arabian proverb

http://www.janakellam.com

Love it, those 2 tempis are just amazing!!! of course it is Charlotte and Laura and they are just fantastic like that, Thanks for posting this.

Okay a few things...

1) Dujardin wearing a helmet and I think that that is WONDERFUL. She is just so classy. I love her to bits.

2) Anybody know anything about her grey horse? I read somewhere that he's an ex-jumper?

3) I noticed that the music wasn't the original songs, do they do that so that they can time it better to the horses gaits or for copyright purposes? Maybe it's a silly question, but I've never organized a freestyle before and was curious.

love charlotte and her quiet effective riding...

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    Okay a few things...

1) Dujardin wearing a helmet and I think that that is WONDERFUL. She is just so classy. I love her to bits.

2) Anybody know anything about her grey horse? I read somewhere that he's an ex-jumper?

3) I noticed that the music wasn't the original songs, do they do that so that they can time it better to the horses gaits or for copyright purposes? Maybe it's a silly question, but I've never organized a freestyle before and was curious.
    Supe, Charlotte has been wearing a helmet for at least a few years, and an elegant one it is, too!

As to not using original songs, I can tell you that its almost impossible to time your horse's gait to an original song--I had this grand idea for a freestyle using some Motown stuff; I worked for weeks downloading the songs to a CD (it was the 90's) and when I finally brought my Walkman to the barn and played the CD, it...wasn't good...or even remotely possible. Boohoo.

1 members found this post helpful.

She has, it was really nice to see that even though Laura wore a tophat, she still wore her helmet. I always get overly excited over that stuff, though.

I figured that that might be the reason, but wasn't 100% sure. I've learned never to ASSume anything on COTH. Thank you!

I love it! Seeing things like this really gets the "gotta learn more! gotta ride better!" fires burning.

And I WANT those bell boots!

Superminion--I'm like that too: any top rider that wears a helmet gets my instant adoration.

Quote Originally Posted by lovey1121 View Post
    Supe, Charlotte has been wearing a helmet for at least a few years, and an elegant one it is, too!

As to not using original songs, I can tell you that its almost impossible to time your horse's gait to an original song--I had this grand idea for a freestyle using some Motown stuff; I worked for weeks downloading the songs to a CD (it was the 90's) and when I finally brought my Walkman to the barn and played the CD, it...wasn't good...or even remotely possible. Boohoo.
    As one who finds music for horses with ORIGINAL songs for the last 12 years, I can say with certainty that it can be done. You just need a data base of timed music by beats per minute. That data base is available on my free web site - www.equimusic.com Over 1450 pieces to date and updated each month with new selections.

I've been doing my "Ride to Music" clinics with this data base. When I find the right music that "fits" the horse from this data base, I see riders with big smiles and horses/riders that transform themselves as they "feel" the music. The comment I hear the most at my clinics is "I can't believe how much the horse changed when you found the right music!" All done with ORIGINAL music!

And never forget RULE 1 about music for horses. The horse will always pick out the music that works. If you pick the music you want or like, 95% of the time it will not work for the horse.

1 members found this post helpful.