The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Brick pattern jump blanket? aka dressing up boring jumps

Not sure what to call it other than a 'jump blanket...'

On the homepage of COTH, there is a photo of Kelly Farmer jumping a jump that looks like it has a brick wall blanket draped over a jump pole.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...ping-questions

Does anyone know where to purchase something like that? I board and ride at a place that does not have any hunter course materials (flowers, walls, etc.), and would love to be able to dress up the plain jumps I set up. Orange cones, blue tarps, etc. only go so far to making things interesting. I don't want his first time seeing a brick wall to be at a show!
    Last edited by Marcella; Jun. 11, 2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: added link to article with photo

Take a picture of a brick wall, upload it to Shutterfly, or Snapfish, or Costco, or Walgreens, and make a blanket out of it! Just Google "photo blankets"

If you want something that's more like a tarp, you can do the same thing with many sign or banner making services, and they'll print it on banner material.... They will probably have a larger choice of sizes, too.

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks - I checked with our local sign shop, and the largest width of the vinyl banner is 48". That won't cover up a pole, but it does give me a place to start.

I know I've seen them somewhere but I can't seem to find it right now. It does kind of remind me of the jumpstack hay bale covers but not quite.

Actually 48" could work if you did 48" x 96" or 120" depending on your pole size. Then you could fold it in half lengthwise over the pole.

I know what your talking about, my trainer has a few (including an awesome custom one). I can't find the exact style she has, but these are pretty close

http://www.jumpgearetc.com/shop/3-panel-wall.html
    Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    I can't decide if I should saddle up the drama llama, dust off the clue bat, or get out my soapbox.

The one in the picture is from Dandy Products in Ohio. You have to call them, the jump flags are not listed on the website.

http://www.dandyproducts.net/index.html

You could buy a piece of heavy fabric and paint a fake stone wall, bricks, or anything you want on it!

Or make your own?? The blanket thing looks like it would wind up being expensive...

I got a couple free doors from a coworker who replaced his interior doors. A little paint, and I now have 2' and 2'6'' panels, with four different designs.

Stone wall

Flag

Blue panel

And my lovely red brick!

I think I spent about $30...
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

2 members found this post helpful.

My website has step by step instructions on making your own jumps. Both the lattice and the rolltop were relatively easy and not too expensive. You have to scroll down a bit to get to the build your own jump section.

http://thepitchforkchronicles.com/page7.php

you can get brick vinyl flooring material from lowes as well.

I would also agree with make your own. Its really really easy and a sheet of plywood will make two boxes. Also a 6' high privacy fence panel will make a wooden coup and a gate for about $40

both my walls, and the gate from the privacy fencing

back of privacy fence gate

Coup from rest of privacy fence

better pic of coup

and one of my favorite home mades...my "rustic coup" Cut down some small trees (myself with a hand saw) and screwed into an "A" frame at either end.

2 members found this post helpful.

Brilliant! (Imagine the Guinness commercials here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_girl221 View Post
    you can get brick vinyl flooring material from lowes as well.

Also a 6' high privacy fence panel will make a wooden coup and a gate for about $40

both my walls, and the gate from the privacy fencing

back of privacy fence gate

Coup from rest of privacy fence

better pic of coup
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

I make jump flags. IM me and I can send you a brochure.

Hey Jumper-girl 221, love the horse jumping on his own. He approves if your work!

LOL TG! That was my 2 year old by Banderas! I was videoing them running around playing and was like 0.0 when she jumped it! My 6 year old (behind her) was like, um, no and took the X Here's the video It was one of those days that was very much a "TB day" and I wasn't feeling the whole riding thing.

Thanks JB Cool. I'm on a limited budget so like putting stuff together when I can

The plastic sheets that they sell at party stores are really thin and won't hold up. You'd have to attach some kind of backer to it to use it.

I've made some pretty cool flower boxes using dollar store flowers and a 4"x4"x10'. Paint, a drill, and some glue, and you have a cheap but nice looking flower box. I put little legs on my 4x4 to make it higer, but that isn't necessary if you are looking for easy.

Jenners and Jumpergirl, those jumps you both made are really cool! Thanks for posting the great pics of them. I saved them so I have inspiration for the future

Hey, thanks!! I'm busily making jumps and such for my WB who hasn't even trotted a set of ground poles yet . DH has two more standards and another set of poles to make when he comes back from man camp.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.