The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    Let's all have a glass of wine and watch Maru, the cat in the box.
    I cannot thank you enough for posting this so that I, little old me, could click on it. This is the best thing to happen on this forum in awhile. Thank. You. So. Much. I need a Maru in my life..

7 members found this post helpful.

Maru the cat was awesome. Finding him made this whole thread worthwhile. Thanks.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

4 members found this post helpful.

Renn, I love you! Hysterical!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

I'm still chuckling at the idea that some people think that Reed's mother is so desperate for compliments about her olympic equestrian daughterhat she would fish for some on this BB. Like the 26,000 likes on Reed's facebook aren't enough and only the amazingly esteemed opinions of anonymous screenames will suffice.

18 members found this post helpful.

I am chuckling reading about Reed having a fit because she did not win a leadline class. Someone posted a video of Eric Lamaze's winning trip yesterday at Spruce Meadows and at the very end, you see Reed when she realized she AGAIN was 2nd. She pretended to be crying, but was so cute and poised about it. As she said to the interviewer later "she felt like a bridesmaid"... lol... I do love her and admire her, but was really happy Eric won!

3 members found this post helpful.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

There is a lot more Maru where that came from.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression
    Someone posted a video of Eric Lamaze's winning trip yesterday at Spruce Meadows and at the very end, you see Reed when she realized she AGAIN was 2nd... As she said to the interviewer later "she felt like a bridesmaid
    She's too young to get married. I have to say, we (somewhat collective we) were feeling down awhile ago about America's future in the international ring, in terms of preparing horses and riders. I find the number of incredibly talented young riders to be very encouraging- Reed, Katie Dinan, Lucy Davis, etc etc etc etc etc. It looks like we have a lot to look forward to and I hope their careers continue to develop on the track they're looking to follow now!
    Last edited by Renn/aissance; Jun. 11, 2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Oops, wrong rider age
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

2 members found this post helpful.

Terri used to post on here a lot back when...I showed against her a couple of times when she dropped to the Adults occaisionally. Nice lady. Don't understand some of the vitriolic nonsense on here...in general too. Not just this thread.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

7 members found this post helpful.

I enjoyed the OP and the cat. Thank you.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

1 members found this post helpful.

Nothing wrong with the thread, I find it amusing except it's hard to read coming that late with all the "."
    Oh well, I shouldn't be procrastinating anyways.
    oh and yeah, Maru is my hero

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    Maru the cat was awesome. Finding him made this whole thread worthwhile. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel6 View Post
    I'm still chuckling at the idea that some people think that Reed's mother is so desperate for compliments about her olympic equestrian daughter that she would fish for some on this BB.
    ^ These things.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

Reed is 19 or soon will be, I believe... like all of us, she ages one year.. every year. She had just turned 18 for the Olympics...

I really like her. She gives wonderful interviews, but her reaction to losing to Lamaze was funny.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel6 View Post
    I'm still chuckling at the idea that some people think that Reed's mother is so desperate for compliments about her olympic equestrian daughterhat she would fish for some on this BB. Like the 26,000 likes on Reed's facebook aren't enough and only the amazingly esteemed opinions of anonymous screenames will suffice.
    Love this post. So many on here think they are the all knowing OZ. It's really worth posting just to get them excited...... Unless of course you are traveling the world showing the nicest horses money can buy, sitting for interviews, competing against the best riders in the world and holding your own, I mean then I might not post here just to get people fired up because all that other stuff sounds time consuming and I'd probably want a break from all the lunies who think they are going to be by new best friend.

The Kesslers are clearly desperate for attention. 26k followers on facebook; 16k followers on twitter.

Have none of you thought back to earlier years when things were good, but not as good as they were going to get?

Well I have, and wish that some of the people then in my life were still around so they could giggle and point. As I know they would.

And for all the grumps who would rather watch cat videos, (Maru is a delight ) all I can say is "Sorry, I guess your world never had any sunshine."
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Perhaps one should pity the Kessler family since they don't have time to watch cat videos on Youtube.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

10 members found this post helpful.

^^I know I do. Everyone should get to experience Maru. I mean you really aren't living until you do.

Anyone know where I can find this video of Reed pretending to cry about losing? That sounds awesome.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    Reed is 19 or soon will be, I believe... like all of us, she ages one year.. every year. She had just turned 18 for the Olympics...

I really like her. She gives wonderful interviews, but her reaction to losing to Lamaze was funny.
    My bad about her age- I'll edit above, and thanks for the correction. I wanted to make her out to be even more of a wunderkind than she already is.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    vxf, for what it's worth, I was equally confused by the OP's original post and also thought it weird/creepy.
    Me three! I read the original post and went It totally had a troll feel to it. In the end though it sounds like someone had a fun thread idea but couldn't quite articulate it in writing the first time they tried! It happens!

Cool

I am amazed and disappointed. Truly. At the number of people who have managed to spend considerable time on the interwebs and still not know about Maru.

Are you now going to tell me you don't know Grumpy Cat either? http://search.cheezburger.com/?q=grumpy
    Last edited by Portia; Jun. 11, 2013 at 07:34 PM.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KateKat View Post
    ^^I know I do. Everyone should get to experience Maru. I mean you really aren't living until you do.

Anyone know where I can find this video of Reed pretending to cry about losing? That sounds awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQNY4-c9eFc

Obviously joking around, but pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Oxer View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQNY4-c9eFc

Obviously joking around, but pretty funny!
    That's pretty cute! (She obviously adores that dog, too—I think it goes everywhere with her.)