The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Good God. Why has this innocuous thread turned into a viper pit?

Vx, I do not know who you are, nor do I care. But -- take a little advice, and lighten up. Remember, no one is forcing you to read this thread. If you don't like it, feel free to read something else that suits your sensibility.

Who cares if Terri started the thread? I cannot believe she would; she has more exciting things to do -- like being up at Spruce Meadows, watching Reed and riding her A/O jumper. But, even if she did, so what?

No doubt someone will post, criticizing my post, but I won't be on the thread to read it. So if I anyone thinks I deserve to be bitch slapped, you will have to PM me.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

21 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    4 posts= hasn't been around all that long or is an alter...
    Or has lurked for years, like myself. Just out of sheer curiosity, how long does one need to be "around" before they aren't considered a "troll" or an "Alter"?

Personally, I thought it was neat and how cool is it that someone in that caliber would even be on a BB. I wouldn't imagine many trainers or riders at that level have the time to frequent BB's.

9 members found this post helpful.

Why can't people who enjoy the thread be able to comment on it without snark from others? And for those who don't like what the OP said, if you don't have anything nice to say...go out and ride your horse or whatever.

12 members found this post helpful.

Well, even though my "start date" doesn't reflect it, I've been around since before the USDF boards imploded, and started posting around the time of the GM Poling scandal (How many here can remember THAT? ) so I remember when Terri started posting here, with a teeny tiny Reed showing in lead-line, and her article on Towerheads where she described how Reed didn't win, and she thew an absolute fit over it! It sure got people riled up back then! I think that thread is still around somewhere. I am so proud of Reed and think it's so cool to remember way back when she was a tiny tot teetering on (I think) Farnley's Private Eye. She was so cute!

6 members found this post helpful.

I got it the first time.

I didn't think the OP was T. Kessler fishing for kudos.

I hate the crap posted on the interwebz that passes for worthwhile information. Also, a college education has correspondingly begun to rot in the same way.

But this post was the COTH equivalent of a clever cat video. (Which I watch when not ranting.)

Go ahead, OP, but be careful not to lower the bar of vapidity too low.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

1 members found this post helpful.

Last edited by vxf111; Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:32 PM.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird's Elf View Post
    Why can't people who enjoy the thread be able to comment on it without snark from others? And for those who don't like what the OP said, if you don't have anything nice to say...go out and ride your horse or whatever.
    Yes! I've noticed that one poster on this thread has been very snarky to others on other threads. All being people she doesn't "know," but whom she suspects of being someone. And all "new" posters. If you are nasty to every "new" poster, people are going to not want to post. And at least this OP isn't saying she likes something on ebay. That tends to make a certain poster very angry.

How great that a good prediction came true for the family. I think it's wonderful, whether or not the OP is related.

13 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    Good God. Why has this innocuous thread turned into a viper pit?

Vx, I do not know who you are, nor do I care. But -- take a little advice, and lighten up. Remember, no one is forcing you to read this thread. If you don't like it, feel free to read something else that suits your sensibility.

Who cares if Terri started the thread? I cannot believe she would; she has more exciting things to do -- like being up at Spruce Meadows, watching Reed and riding her A/O jumper. But, even if she did, so what?

No doubt someone will post, criticizing my post, but I won't be on the thread to read it. So if I anyone thinks I deserve to be bitch slapped, you will have to PM me.
    LH, you have a PM

~Veronica

2 members found this post helpful.

Feel free to pile on me if you have nothing better to do.
    Ruhroh. I hope you don't think I'm part of that pile. I don't mean to me. I'm just ranting about things that are less good that cat videos.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I just had a BBQ with some long time friends and this year there were almost as many children attending as adults! I joked to my husband that I never would have guessed that would be the case 10 years ago.

I get the OP and I enjoyed reading Mrs. Kessler's post.

We never know what tomorrow may bring!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    I'm not Teri Kessler and actually I'm sorry I started the thread.

It was supposed to be fun and light hearted a tone which I felt had been missing from the threads in the past few weeks.

I guess it doesn't matter what anyone writes, there are those who always assume the worst in someone.
    Geez, some people don't stop to think... I understood right away who you were referring to and I did find that post amusing. Thanks for sharing!

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Let's all have a glass of wine and watch Maru, the cat in the box. Sounds like we could all use it. Between the pony lawsuit and all the recent "commentary" on what people are doing and whether or not it's right even if it's popular, it's been an interesting week around here for sure.

OP, I understood your meaning too. Definitely a "who knows what the future may hold" moment.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

6 members found this post helpful.

~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    I'm not Teri Kessler and actually I'm sorry I started the thread.

It was supposed to be fun and light hearted a tone which I felt had been missing from the threads in the past few weeks.

I guess it doesn't matter what anyone writes, there are those who always assume the worst in someone.
    Geez, some people don't stop to think... I understood right away who you were referring to and I did find that post amusing. Thanks for sharing!

Can I just point out that AS EDITED the meaning is now clear but all my posts asking "what is this thread saying?" were BEFORE the thread was edited to make it non-cryptic. The original post now is NOT what was originally posted. At 5:24 it was edited and clarified. All my posts trying to figure out what the thread meant pre-date 5:24pm. Just so it doesn't seem like I can't read. The original post has been edited and is not quite clear but it was not originally.
    I don't think the intent of your posts is the issue - it was the delivery that bugged everyone. If you really just didn't understand the post, you could have politely asked for clarification. But you didn't. The tone of your posts came across as being contentious, and based on some of the replies here, there are posters who feel that this is a theme with you.

Enough of us understood the intent of the original post (yes, I saw it before the edit) that we didn't feel the need to go over the edge because of it. You are obviously a very intelligent person, so it is a little hard to believe that you were so terribly confused that you lost your marbles over it.

This is a good example of one of my recent posts on another thread regarding the negative tone that runs rampant on this board these days. It's just unpleasant, and unnecessary to some of us.

7 members found this post helpful.

Carry on. And if you feel like you need someone to pick on, feel free to use me. You don't need a reason. You can just do it because you're mean. But I'm done engaging.
    ~Veronica

vxf, for what it's worth, I was equally confused by the OP's original post and also thought it weird/creepy.

4 members found this post helpful.

Carry on. And if you feel like you need someone to pick on, feel free to use me. You don't need a reason. You can just do it because you're mean. But I'm done engaging.
    Unfortunately, sometimes intelligence and open-mindedness don't go hand-in-hand.

Can't really say that I care to engage in COTH snark tonight so Ill simply say, I have much respect for Reed and her family. Congrats to them on all their success!! It is amazing how life can change in 10 years!