The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Just looks like grade qh to me. I don't see anything else best kind!

1 members found this post helpful.

I took new pictures today - he's really filling out as he's eating a lot and self-exercising (code for running the fences...sigh). Today as my daughter and I watched him we decided he looks TB, lol.

Anyway, he's doing well, though I'm really struggling with his insecurity.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Meeting Angel (33 year old TB): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

In that first picture, I could not access the second one, he indeed looks mostly TB, leg proportion and head, except his hind muscling doesn't really look right for TB, a bit more heavy than those generally are when in that shape, a less long, more bulky gaskin seems to be showing there.
    Then, that is just one picture and that can be deceiving.

He sure looks very nice.

Thanks Bluey. I can't wait to see him blossom! He sure was flabby and unfit, and I can't wait to have him trimmed - his feet are probably 4-5 months overdue . But he's a nice boy - testing me here and there but submits to his place nicely when I explain that isn't how we do things here. To be expected having had no structure for the last 5 years of his life. (I fixed the 2nd photo)

Sad update: I've decided to send him back. Of all the red flags, the one that was a del breaker happened today - he nailed the farrier twice before he ever got a chance to pick up his back leg. It wasn't a kick out with a warning, it was an instant fire kind of shot. The first time he nailed him square in the thigh. The second one grazed him. He even tried to get another shot a in, so I told the farrier, enough.

.....I really wanted to help him, but I'm leaving for Abu Dhabi next wed. and my husband isn't horsey, and he'll be home alone with the horses. Yesterday he ran through a fence when the mares got excited about some deer. I can't worry about this kind of stuff. All of my other horses are easily handled by a beginner.

I gave him a shot - I'm heart broke over his future but he's just nervous to the bone. His climate has to be JUST-so (with his buddies a nose away) or he has a melt down. It's just not going to work out.
    Last edited by hundredacres; Jun. 19, 2013 at 08:24 PM.