The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There is sooo much to getting a farm / horse property ready for horses ... and just when you think you've got it covered, something either breaks or your needs change or you get a new horse or you set your sights a little higher.

It is never-ending! But -- I am very excited to actually be getting this done! I hope it is not too difficult to install the rails as DH and I are not very handy. My sons are pretty handy, but I have two left thumbs!

I'm so jealous! My barn owner notified us in February that she was closing in April and we needed to move my 3 horses. We decided it made the most sense to move them home. Unfortunately our property was not horse ready. We live in MN, so obviously February is not great weather to start fencing the property, but we were hopeful we could start fencing in mid April (early April if we were really lucky) and have some of it done in time for the horses to come home on April 30. I searched, searched, searched Craigslist for flexrail (which is what I really wanted), but no luck. Of course we also had 17" of snow on April 20th, so it wasn't really fencing (putting king up or selling used/taking down) weather. We ended up going with HorseGuard, which I've been happy with, but of course we missed all "special" sales and have had to pay full price for basically everything. I wish we could have found such a great deal! Congrats!