The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

the green
    the blue

I don't often, but in this case, I agree completely with 2ndrygal, and if I were among the group discussing it in person I would say "I wouldn't wearconsider it, its up to you".
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

I think on a dark bay or black horse, that color would actually look great.

I have a chestnut though, so I tend to stick with blues, greys, browns, and the occasional judiciously chosen lavender.

NO ONE looks good in pond slime/snot green.

It makes everyone look like a corpse.

Wow you people are starting to sound like a bunch of nasty hunter princesses. If you want to wear it, take it to the show (along with a just in case back up) and check with the TD. If the TD says you're good to go, wear it. If the TD nixes it, wear your backup. And who cares if other people like the color or not?
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

7 members found this post helpful.

I let the rules dictate what I wear, not other people's personal fashion taste. If the TD says it's ok, wear it. Just remember to bring a back up just in case s/he says no.

In regards to logos/piping - the take I got from two different TDs in the last two weeks is that small logos/piping is okay, but side panels are not. For example, she had no problem with my Goode Rider logo on the sleeve, or another person's shirt with piping trim around the collar/shoulders, but a shirt with black side panels under the arms was out.

She also had no problem with my maroon shirt. New rule says any solid color shirt - so no more limitation on light colors, but no more "almost solid" either.

Wear what color you want. Though I do agree, the pattern would rule this particular shirt out.

I have medium red brown hair and a pale complexion. When I was pregnant with my first child and feeling like a beached whale, my bff gave me a tunic that color. I looked at her and said, "I am not wearing that! I look ridiculous already." She got me to try it on and I had to admit it was very flattering. I had a scarf that had that color, royal purple and rust that I wore with it. Perfect strangers would stop me on the street to say how great I looked.

It is not a color for everyone but when it works, it's great
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

1 members found this post helpful.

Can someone link to where the rule book indicates solid/pattern shirt rules? I was double checking and didn't seen anything requiring solid shirts, but I might be looking in the wrong place.
    Thanks for the help!

Here is all I found:
    DR120 Dress
    1. The dress code for all Dressage tests and classes through Fourth Level (see .5 below) is a short riding coat of conservative color, with tie, choker or stock tie, white or light-colored breeches or jodhpurs, boots or jodhpur boots, and protective headgear as defined in DR120.5 and in compliance with GR801.
    8. In locations with high average heat and humidity on the date of a competition, management can publish in their prize list that jackets will be waived for the duration of the competition. Alternatively, management can announce prior to or during a competition that competitors can show without jackets when extreme heat and/or humidity is forecast. This waiver applies to all classes including FEI classes at National Competitions. However, competitors must wear protective headgear and a shirt with sleeves and collar, without neckwear, and without decoration except as described under .14 below. T-shirts are not permitted. Members of the Armed Services or police units may wear summer uniforms. BOD 1/19/13 Effective
    4/1/13.

Quote Originally Posted by theresak View Post
    Can someone link to where the rule book indicates solid/pattern shirt rules? I was double checking and didn't seen anything requiring solid shirts, but I might be looking in the wrong place.
    Thanks for the help!

Here is all I found:
    DR120 Dress
    1. The dress code for all Dressage tests and classes through Fourth Level (see .5 below) is a short riding coat of conservative color, with tie, choker or stock tie, white or light-colored breeches or jodhpurs, boots or jodhpur boots, and protective headgear as defined in DR120.5 and in compliance with GR801.
    8. In locations with high average heat and humidity on the date of a competition, management can publish in their prize list that jackets will be waived for the duration of the competition. Alternatively, management can announce prior to or during a competition that competitors can show without jackets when extreme heat and/or humidity is forecast. This waiver applies to all classes including FEI classes at National Competitions. However, competitors must wear protective headgear and a shirt with sleeves and collar, without neckwear, and without decoration except as described under .14 below. T-shirts are not permitted. Members of the Armed Services or police units may wear summer uniforms. BOD 1/19/13 Effective
    4/1/13.
    I think it's the "without decoration."