The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Urgent prayers needed for Thriller

Thriller is an amazing BC, owned by Bonnie McDonald. Bonnie is an AKC Agility judge, trainer and terrific handler. There was an incident in Bonnie's home involving Thriller and a GSD that was a result of displaced aggression and unexpected violence. Thriller was torn up very badly, shaken and thrown like a rag doll. She has been in ICU for three days and her vitals have been unsteady as well as the potential for brain damage as well as organ failure. The cost so far is about 8K and her owner has been sleeping in her car in the hospital parking lot. She blames herself.

Please, please pray for Thriller. She needs all of the help she can get

Thank you

2 members found this post helpful.

Jingles

Oh, no!!! How horrible. Big hugs and jingles that Thriller pulls through OK.

We lift this innocent border collie, Thriller, up to our Lord and ask for his healing touch to be upon Thriller. We also ask for comfort for Bonnie as she endures the hours while her dog is fighting to live.

1 members found this post helpful.

I read the OP's thread on the dobie forums, and was saddened to hear Thriller died on Saturday. The description of what had happened was really horrific, and really gave me pause. Thriller appears to have been a brilliant top level agility dog. To have been attacked and brutally shaken like a piece of vermin must have been terrifying for that poor innocent dog.

My heart goes out to the owner. This must have broken her heart - seeing her and her dog on youtube competing really showed they were a special pair.

RIP Thriller. You were a beautiful, young, talented, and loved, collie.

I am sorry to hear of his passing

I am so sorry that Thriller did not survive those horrific injuries. Cannot imagine having one of my dogs tear into another so viciously. Once had a rescued Sheltie who took every opportunity when he joined our household to go for my largest male collie who was the sweetest dog imaginable. Ewan would defend himself, but when I separated them there was never a mark on the Sheltie. Needless to say, I was vigilant when everyone was together and they were never left unattended. What a heartbreaking loss for Bonnie and I continue to pray for her comfort. Rest in peace Thriller.

RIP
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/