The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Footing today at Plantation?

Supposed to go tomorrow, - just wondering what it is like. Mare is just BN, but want a good experience

I wasn't there myself, but by all reports the footing is pretty perfect. Good luck tomorrow!

It was good...actually just about perfect. Should be great for you tomorrow.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

And it was really perfect today. The only "bad" footing was the footing in the SJ warm-up that is new and hasn't had a chance to settle yet.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Yup, glad I went. Didn't need studs, no mud. I'm 2 hours south and we have standing water everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth Callahan View Post
    Yup, glad I went. Didn't need studs, no mud. I'm 2 hours south and we have standing water everywhere
    Glad you had fun! We did get a ton of rain...I'm surprised how fast things are drying out. Lots of mud at my farm...but Plantation drains so well.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Yes we did get a lot of rain! I checked the barn rain gauge and it said 2 inches, wow...then I found out he dumped it out like Friday night after it filled up with over 3 inches!
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by scubed View Post
    And it was really perfect today. The only "bad" footing was the footing in the SJ warm-up that is new and hasn't had a chance to settle yet.
    Yeah, the footing in SJ warm-up was horrible. My trainer wouldn't even jump it was so deep. I'm sure they will make sure it is in good shape by September.

But I was amazed at how well the grounds held up. Too bad we are getting this rain today and schooling has been cancelled.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

My weekend at Plantation http://seema-thefloridachronicles.bl...do-it-all.html

We were planning to go schooling today, so I am a bit sad it is cancelled. Dressage show tomorrow.

Does anyone know if there was a photographer? I looked at the websites listed on the Plantation website, but there wasn't any indication on either that they were there this weekend.

I saw Alec Thayer taking some pictures, but he may have just been doing one horse, since those are the pictures I see on his facebook site. Amy Dragoo has a mostly empty gallery up, so I would guess she will be putting more pictures there later http://akdragoophoto.zenfolio.com/f1049129452

Amy Dragoo's site has a ton of pictures up now. Site is really hard to navigate, so I am giving directions to friends/family on how to access the Plantation pictures. They have all been happy they made the effort. Pics of my friend's horse are awesome. Thank you Amy!!