The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Lease in Maryland - 10 yr old TB Gelding

Free lease: 15.2h 2003 bay TB gelding, former training level event horse that is looking for an easier lifestyle. He would love to hack out, trail ride, pop over logs on the trail, and do light ring work occasionally. His workload should be kept light, so a pleasure home is a must. Rides like a big horse with lots of suspension and is a lovely mover. He is of medium build with a decent sized barrel to take up some leg. He does everything in a snaffle, and is very responsive to your aids. He hacks out alone or in groups, will go over/under/around/thru anything on the trail, loves water, and is very level headed about most everything. Of course he loads, clips and ties. He has a sweet and endearing personality, loves people, gets along well with other horses, and has impeccable ground manners. He is uncomplicated to ride and handle. When he goes places, he is exactly like he is at home. He does require a rider who has a secure seat, as he is quirky about his rider being off-balance. No beginners, but a confident intermediate rider will be fine. I would prefer that he stay within an approximately 3 hour drive of zip code 21120, but would consider longer distances for the right situation. I am looking to free lease him or may consider relinquishing ownership to a forever retirement home if the lease goes well. Please PM me for further details.
    Last edited by Toomanycats; Jun. 8, 2013 at 06:48 PM.